Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Skinmedica TNS Essential Serum vs Strivectin-SD
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ladyjade

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who've tried both, which did you find to be more effective?
Please state your skin issues in your response.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
That's easy: TNS Serum. It's one of the best and most effective products out there for aging skin; whereas Strivectin is a known hoax.
I'm also under the impression that they are supposed to do totally different things?

TNS serum's only drawback is that it smells terrible (like puppies) and it is annoying that you have to deal with the dual pump and mix the two sera yourself. Sometimes one of them becomes blocked; every time I've used it, one of the sera goes out before the other. I feel like you end of wasting precious, expensive product.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Skin medica for sure. It's also oprah's fav products. tNS serum stinks though like sweaty feet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Without a doubt the TNS! Strivectin is a rip-off and not even decent if you used it as a hand lotion.
The TNS smell can be a bit off-putting but does not bother me. It gives a nice glow. I have been thinking about going back on it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
TNS!I have been using twice a day since 2005. I am going to be 59 and my skin looks very good considering my age, does not look tired or wrinkly. I NEVER had compliments on my skin UNTIL I started to use this product.The TNS essential serum is supposed to be the double whammy with the extra product in it.Strivectin( and hylexin) by Voss is a big hoax by the way.Hyped up products but dont do anything.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 am      Reply with quote
where is the cheapest place to buy TNS? I see it's on Amazon for like $82 plus shipping and then I see it other places for $150ish. It looked to me like it was the same ounces, etc.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
That's easy: TNS Serum. It's one of the best and most effective products out there for aging skin; whereas Strivectin is a known hoax.
I'm also under the impression that they are supposed to do totally different things?

TNS serum's only drawback is that it smells terrible (like puppies) and it is annoying that you have to deal with the dual pump and mix the two sera yourself. Sometimes one of them becomes blocked; every time I've used it, one of the sera goes out before the other. I feel like you end of wasting precious, expensive product.

--avalange

I had that happen until I reread the instructions. You have to press the pump right in the center. Once I was careful, both serums pumped perfectly.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Strivectin has been reformulated and is now the same as Nia24.
magsiemags
5% products discount

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I have just bought some of the Strivectin ! i got it from TKMAXX , so are people saying its no good ?
havana8

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:03 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Thanks for sharing that, catski! Found this interesting on MUA http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=91433 :

Quote:
UPDATE: I called Niadyne, the manufacturers of both NIA 24 and StriVectin, to confirm that the "NIA-114" in Strivectin products was the same molecule as "Pro-NIA" in NIA 24. She confirmed that it was the same molecule. I then asked if it was true that the Strivectin products contained more of it, since they claimed to contain 8% rather than 5%. She explained that the 8% refers to the complex of pro-niacin *and* peptides, and that the quantity of active niacin alone is in fact 5%, the same as in the pro-NIA products...even though it doesn't say that on the bottle.

She also said that she considers the Strivectin a newer, more advanced/technologically up-to-date formulation. So, since the Strivectin products usually come out to cheaper, ounce for ounce, I think they are better value than NIA 24 in general, even though they don't in fact contain more of the pro-NIA molecule.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
catski wrote:

Thanks for sharing that, catski! Found this interesting on MUA http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=91433 :

Quote:
UPDATE: I called Niadyne, the manufacturers of both NIA 24 and StriVectin, to confirm that the "NIA-114" in Strivectin products was the same molecule as "Pro-NIA" in NIA 24. She confirmed that it was the same molecule. I then asked if it was true that the Strivectin products contained more of it, since they claimed to contain 8% rather than 5%. She explained that the 8% refers to the complex of pro-niacin *and* peptides, and that the quantity of active niacin alone is in fact 5%, the same as in the pro-NIA products...even though it doesn't say that on the bottle.

She also said that she considers the Strivectin a newer, more advanced/technologically up-to-date formulation. So, since the Strivectin products usually come out to cheaper, ounce for ounce, I think they are better value than NIA 24 in general, even though they don't in fact contain more of the pro-NIA molecule.

Very interesting...I had no idea these 2 lines were linked.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
TNS!!!1
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone who bought TNS directly from SkinMedica look at the bottom of the container and see if there is a small hole at the bottom? I bought the recovery complex thru Amazon and am wondering if it was diluted. It was about half the price, hmmmmmm????
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |