Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Serum with Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl) - Affordable
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LindaJane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm Looking for a product (preferably a serum), with Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl). I know the basic, like Kinerase, MLA Power Cream, etc.
I just can't spend $100 on this stuff now.
Does Anyone know of a serum with this ingredient (the higher the better), that won't break the bank?
Thanks
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 am      Reply with quote
LindaJane wrote:
Hi,
I'm Looking for a product (preferably a serum), with Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl). I know the basic, like Kinerase, MLA Power Cream, etc.
I just can't spend $100 on this stuff now.
Does Anyone know of a serum with this ingredient (the higher the better), that won't break the bank?
Thanks

Hi LindaJane, if you want to, you can buy pure Matrixyl and add it any cheap serum you want, as long as it does not have very high ethanol.

following are few sites fr Matrixl and pls remember matrixyl 3000 is not the same as the orignal Matrixyl and it's the latter which works, IMO:

skinactives.com
skinessentialactives.com
cellbone.com
LindaJane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Why doesn't the 3000 work as well?...
I make my own Vit C serum, could I add this in?
and How can I tell if something has a high ethanol content?
I make my C serum with l-ascorbic acid, hyluronic acid, distilled water.
Could I keep this serum as is and make Another serum with the same ingredients, but without the c?
Thanks
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 am      Reply with quote
yes, pls add it in a serum without l-ascorbic acid as the pH would be too low for matrixyl... 3000 is not the original matrixyl, in fact they have nothing common expect for part of the name.. you would need a preservative as well... germaben II is a good option for that
LindaJane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50 am      Reply with quote
The products are on EBAY, they've gotten some good reviews..like this one for example
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-MATRIXYL-3000-10-VITAMIN-C-HYALURONIC-ACID-SERUM-Paraben-Free-/300722583437?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item460476778d
Still doing research, I don't want to get into making something if I don't know what I'm really doing...I know there is Tons of serums etc on EBAY, but checking these out since they've had decent reviews, and great reviews on EBAY
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I was introduced to the name " matrixyl" by the strivectin line and it does not use the 3000 version but the original one, which was made only for strivectin n I guess they also have a patent on it n then came the 3000 version to over the patent issue... as far as i know there is no similarity between these 2 matrixyls.. I used the 3000 in my DIY for months and then stopped n there was no change... but feel free to try it for yourself, may be it ll work for you...
SnowFairy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I use this http://www.amazon.com/Hyaluronic-Acid-Matrixyl-3000-Spray/dp/B005EVOLI2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1361990412&sr=8-9&keywords=timeless+skin+care
No idea of the percentage of anything in it. It feels very soothing to my skin when I apply it. Other than that - I have seen no other difference in my skin in about 6 months that I've used it.
LindaJane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
THanks a lot for all your information. Can I ask what you use?...I use a vit. c or other antioxidant serum during the day, and sunscreen.
At night, I use renova, or alternate with a good (I think) cream, and sometimes use hydrocodone 4%.
I'm looking for a good serum to use at night, was thinking about peptides since i've read so much. Something to build collagen. The more I look and read, the more complicated it gets.
Any personal recs on serums?, and or making them yourself...thanks much!
LindaJane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this line Mineral Fusion.
Interesting List
http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/399900-palmitoyl-pentapeptide-3
Good info, I can actually afford it. Also looking into Forever Young. Would look into making one....but I make Vit. c and just hope I'm doing it's right and is effective. I get confused when people start talking about PH levels, etc....
Linda
havana8

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
There are a few more listed on this thread also:

Pentapeptide recommendation?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29634

Smile
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using MyChelle No Tox; I got it at Whole Foods:
http://www.mychelle.com/NOTOX-Anti-wrinkle-Serum-1oz#.UWBwehlOQXw
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |