Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
dry lips exfoliant?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mollmarie
5% products discount

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all. I've gotten such great advice from this forum I thought I would try one more time.
I seem to be having peeling dry lip. I load on the chapstick and such, but you can just see the peeling skin worse.
Anyone know of any true working moisturizers or exfoliants for lips?
Thanks a ton!
moll
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I recall someone recently recommending Laura Mercier's Lip Silk product. I've been wanting to try it since hearing about it, as it's supposed to be both an exfoliator and moisturizer in one. I think a product discription says it uses fruit acids as an exfoliant. I personally love using the Caudalie grape seed lip moisturizer (and occasionally Smith's rosebud salve) and it must be doing something really right since I'm on low-dose Accutane and my lips are only comfortable when I use it. The Caudalie is a wonderful moisturizer, but the Smith's is good on occasion to help with extreme chapping since it's very thick and not readily absorbed at all.

Try using a lip moisturizer that doesn't have wax as a main ingredient, and that that's not carmex. Smile When I was doing my pre-med work one of my classmates told me that Carmex has a fiberglass derivative in it that damages your lips as you heal at the same time to make it more addictive. I don't know if that's true, it's the first I'd heard of that, but it psychologically pushed me away from using it a while back. Smile

The same thread that mentioned the Laura Mercier product also recommended brushing your lips with a toothbrush and vaseline. I've found that effective over the years, but I still want to try the LM shtuff!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
toothbrush with vaseline on the lips, Follow up with carmex.
you'll have a totally snoggable kisser! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with -rusalka- re the Carmex. It actually makes my lips DRIER the more I use it, unless I continuously reapply, which I'm not gonna Not talking
katerina

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
try murad's stuff. it is in a clear tube; some mix of oils (natural or synthetic-not sure). I just know that I had dry peeling lips most of my life and tried many products (cheap and expensive, natural and not); nothing ever worked longer than a couple of hours. Murad's lip balm made a mirracle right away; so now I can even skip a day (before, I have been applying stuff almost every hour and sometimes at night) Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'd also go with toothbrush with some vaseline or dipped in jojoba oil. Then just put a nice lipbalm over it. I love using the Decleor lip balm after exfoliating lips although it's not very convenient in general to take with you (it's in a pot). Lovely balm though!
mollmarie
5% products discount

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I will be doing the toothbrush with vaseline tonight to get rid of all the white peeling stuff. I see I can order the murad at eds, but am not having much luck with laura mercier. Where can that be purchased?
With all the great advice I am receiving at this website, I am on my way to a brand new me!! Razz
Thanks tons!!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there - I'm in Canada -- and I purchase Laura Mercier at Holt Renfrew (you can also purchase online at lauramercier.com)...I was actually in there yesterday - I took advantage of the promo (free choice of any LM Lipstick (or gloss) and choice of liner) with $100 purchase...I'm probably the one who mentioned the Lip Silk in another thread - I love it. Get the counter person to squirt some in a little container for you so you can try before you buy!
Good Luck!
Pudoodles
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
FYI - you can also make your own lip exfoliator/scrub by mixing a bit of your fave lip balm or oil (i.e.: jojoba oil or even plain old olive oil!) with some granulated sugar (aka glycolic acid) or pulverized, uncoated aspirin (aka salicyic acid) and lightly buff it on to your lips. Rinse with cool, rather than hot, water to remove the sugar or aspirin granules but leave the balm or oil to soak into your lips. I use my homemade lip scrub at least once per day to keep my kisser in tiptop condition!

Carrie
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
toothbrush!
(just be sure to well-rinse off all the toothpaste before proceeding)

and then apply your lip gloss/balm/stick.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I also use a plain toothbrush for exfoliating. I use Kiehl's lip balm twice a day - good stuff!
mollmarie
5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI. Since first posting my dilemma, I have been brushing my lips and have starting using the murad brand lip treatment. A few people have asked me if I have started wearing lipstick because my lips look soooo much better! They are actually red and not pick and white! Razz
Thanks for the tips!
flippers123

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
For dry lips I usually use a homemade lip scrub. Try mixing equal amounts of sugar and brown sugar with honey, olive oil, and a stick of Chapstick or Vaseline. If you don't like the smell of brown sugar like me, try mixing in some ground mint tictacs. When your done the mixture should look like a gel-ish paste. You can also use this for your face.

Hope it works wonders for you like it has for me,
Flippers Very Happy
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I like Kiss me by Philosphy
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Lips2Kiss system? IMHO it's amazing. I only use the exfoliating cream once or twice a week, but when I do, the hydrating serums just rush into my lips, and they look rosy and plump.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
You know what my DH does? He takes clear packing tape and presses it to his lips. Rips it off. Repeat until the tape shows pretty clear. Yep, that's what his method is... Cool
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
kittylove wrote:
You know what my DH does? He takes clear packing tape and presses it to his lips. Rips it off. Repeat until the tape shows pretty clear. Yep, that's what his method is... Cool

YOWZA!!@!&%!!! I would rip my lips off I'm afraid! guys'll do anything tho!! lol

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't often use Avon products, but at $10 I bought a Lip Conditioner (with retinol in it). It's a creamy color and is also a lip plumper. So far, I like it and my lips are not as chapped as they used to be. Lipstick goes over it very well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I never thought to use a lip exfoliant, but I should~~~ Thanks for the info. Very Happy
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Avon has a lip scuffer (exfoliant). It's cheap and really works. They also have a conditioner to apply after. The price is right and I can use the big bucks for beautiful lipsticks.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
toothbrush with vaseline on the lips, Follow up with carmex.
you'll have a totally snoggable kisser! Very Happy

EXACTLY! I do this when my lips start to feel rough and it makes them totally soft and smooth.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
The method that has always worked for me consists of 1) take a shower 2) pat face dry 3) with the quasi damp part of the towel I used to pat my face, I'll rub it on my lips using my index finger underneath the towel. It works every single time and it's fast. It also works on cuticles as well, though I'll usually add a little more water to the towel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just discovered that the ZO Skin Health hand exfoliating product is great for lips. Gets rid of all the dead skin and leaves skin very soft and moisturized!
qichunyan711
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:19 am      Reply with quote
I think may be Thalgo Revitalising Eye Contour Cream is good to lip.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Lips2Kiss Lip Exfoliative !

And the whole system with it Angel
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |