Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

input please re: Vivier Vit C vs. CS Rx vit C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. Which one should I get? Vivier or CS Rx vit c? I've been using water based vit c's and they do oxidize too quickly.

What do the vivier and CS Rx smell like? I'm a bit concerned about them having a chemical type smell b/c of the base they are in. Do they?

Also do I really need a separate one for the eye area or can I just get a 10% one and use it on both my face and eye area?

Thanks for any input.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lily, this topic freaked me out for 2 weeks. I didnt even know if I need vitamin c but it seems the in thing. I caved in yesterday and ordered vivier 20 and the vivier eye serum. Not sure if it was the right thing to do, but its stopped the nagging feeling in my head....
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, but not the nagging from me eh? Bad Grin
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Brick wall
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have not used the Vivier but others can speak to that. The CSRx C+ serum does not have any fragrance to speak of...I have not noticed any distinctive chemical smell either. I have a fairly sensitive nose so think would have noticed it after using for 8-9 mos. now. Also, have never had a bottle "turn" on me either. Each one lasts about 2-3 mos. Great stuff!
Mabsy

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
There's not much difference in terms of smell or stability between the Vivier or the CSRx. I only had a sample of the CSRx but based on what Betterat40 says they seem to last about the same as the Vivier ones do.

The only difference for me was the amount of slip (aka "the oily feeling"). CSRx felt too oily for me although I must point out that it *feels* like that but is not actually oily. Someone called it "slip" so let's just say that the Vivier has more slip than Cellex-C and Skinceuticals and the CSRx has more slip than the Vivier.

Whether you get a separate serum for your eye area is up to you. If your eye area is not sensitive and can handle higher concentrations then you should have no problems.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use the V serum - I think it has a wonderful orange-blossomy kind of scent...my sister LOVES the scent - she finds it almost therapeutic...
Pudoodles
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lily, what is your skin type? Currently, I'm using the Vivier 20 and like it during winter time. I have oily skin, but it becomes dry during the winter. I found the Vivier to be oily for my skin last summer. So this summer, I plan to switch to CellX or Skinceuticals. Hope I didn't confuse you more Rolling Eyes
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have used both Vivier and SC, I like SC better since I have combo skin, SC's C+E is just right for me now, it's still cold here in Boston, but SC serum 20 will be perfect for summer. I tend to like more watery vitC serum, because I LOVE the freedom of LAYERING, e.g, my hydrating fluid and sunscreen. I also used it around my eye area with no problem.

D Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
That is all great feedback. Thank you, Smile

I'm STILL undecided as to which one to get. The price is right on the CS Rx but I don't really like the fact that it has more 'slip' than the others. My skin is combo- pretty normal and dry at this time of year if the weather is on the colder side. I'm tempted to try the SC one but the price is holding me back. Sad
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I am using the CS RX 12 and I love it. I have nothing to compare it to. Years ago I used Cellex C and I was told my skin got dehydrated. The slip we are talking about goes away after a few minutes. It spreads which I like (so a little goes a long way). What I like most is the price. I will try a 20% on my next purchase. If I don't see a boost in improvement I will stick to CS RX.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone.

I'm now deciding between Vivier 20 and the SC C and E.

Aack! There are too many choices! Has anyone used just C and also C and E and can you tell me why you liked one better than the other?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lily, I feel your pain, I struggled for 2 weeks before I made a decision and went for the Vivier 20, Ive just checked to see if its been despatched the order is no longer showing on my account so I will have to check if its been cancelled. If it has, Is this a sign it was not meant to be ??? Laughing
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lilly,

I have used SC vitC 15%, C+E, vivier 10%. I defnitely like SC better than Vivier, bc I read somewhere that Vivier is has silicon in it, so the VitC stays stable longer than SC, SC is water-based, that's why Vivier is more emollient than SC. So you can choose based on your skin type. I have combo skin, I got a few white bumps, some turned into pimples when I use Vivier, probably the silicon clogged my pores.

I like both SC just C and C+E. C+E is a little thicker, that's bc of the E, but the stickiness goes away after a few minutes. C+E actually provide better protection for your skin. Even though that's a nice idea, I will stick with the clean watery SC 20 for the summer, and I can EASILY use a cream(which has VitE in it) on top of my serum, et voila, C+E. Tons of skincare cream has VitE or even sunscreens has it. So I am gonna stick with the plain C and improvise....on the layering.

I am also making my vitC serum, how easy can it get ??????

hope this helps you in your selection, choosing a vitamin C gives me headache, so PLEASE don"t tell me there are more coming out....or wait untill my headache is gone.....

D Laughing

Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm actually the other way around, I prefer Vivier serums to SC serums. They're more stable and don't feel as drying. I have combo/normal skin and have not had any problems. I agree with Diderot on the differences between the SC C and the SC C+E. The C+E is a bit stickier but it does go away quickly.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I'll save my input for when I get my grubby mitts on the product.... Laughing
cindyadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for asking this question! I'm still trying to decide which one too...
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Regarding stablility...

for those of you who have used the SC vit C how long before you notice it 'turning'?

Also can anyone list the ingredients of the vivier vit c so I can check if it does have silicon in it? I don't really like the feel of silicon on my face. Sigh....I'm still undecided....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Funny thing about all this stability stuff-I bought cellex-c even after all the talk about it "turning". I wanted to try the "original" although I liked SC and found vivier too slippery and didn't care for the smell. I used the cellex-c for a month and had to stop for a week. When I went back to open it , I noticed I hadn't closed it properly (although it was still in the box). The outside was crusty. I was afraid it was finished and figured on dark orange. Guess what? I opened it and it was still pale clear liquid. I'm on my third month and its clearer than SC ever was at this stage. For reference, it's the 17.5% I bought from EDS. Go figure.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
marina:

And listen to this....

A couple of months ago (8 weeks to be exact) I bought a combo set of the cellex C and the cellex C B5 gel. I didn't need the vit c at the time but it was a better deal than buying them separately. I just opened the cellex C vit c one 2 days ago to use up while I'm deciding to go SC or vivier and it is totally orange!!!! And it had been stored in a cool place and never opened!!! Crying or Very sad It is also the 17.5%. It is so orange I don't want to even use it on my face.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes It's enough to make me chuck all serums and use skinmedica-unfortunately I'm afraid it would be too greasy and samples never seem to be available. Weird. I'm afraid my next Cellex-c (if I order) will be orange before I open it. But you have to admit it's strange. I mean, the bottle was partially open with a crusted rim and hadn't changes color.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
that's very odd. same product, brand, one clear and the other orange...eeek. cindi is going to go crazy! Smile

The Cellular Skin Rx brand (C+ Firming serum) is not "aqueous" -no water - so no worries about 'turning'....I'm so glad that I like this one....You guys are making ME crazy trying to decide which brand to use. Smile Good luck!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="betterat40"]that's very odd. same product, brand, one clear and the other orange...eeek. cindi is going to go crazy! Smile

AAAaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
calm down Cindi-I'll walk u thru this-we'll join a support group if we have to. You see, I too have gone Vit c gaga. Here's what I've learned so far-it all depends on your skin type.

Cellex-c: either remarkably stable or unstable upon opening, but contains tyrosine which is apprently good. I'll probably won't buy it again because.... see below

Skinceuticals C (20%) great stuff especially for oily skin-disappears like water and now that enabler Winny got me into Alpha-Derma I need something that dosen't add an extra layer.Stability-well O.K. for 3 months (I get to finish it)

C&E -even better but probably too much for summer (don't forget the derma thing).

Vivier-great stuff but too oily feeling and I couldn't get used to the smell.

Cellular Skin Rx-I would've gotten this one if someone hadn't mentionned it's oilier-feeling than Vivier, plus I try to avoid ordering from the states (exchange rate, customs, takes forever)

Skinmedica-this one would be ideal if skin is dry and can take silicones. I've always wanted a sample but EDS never has one Sad
No worries about stability here.

Just more stuff to chew on Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, aint it a chore. Honestly, you would think it simple. My skin type is normal really. Not oily not dry, little congestion on nose, who hasnt, I seem to be able to get away with anything. Im also using the JB prep and alphaderma - does the alphaderma remind you of buttery toffee, thats how it smells to me. Drool I decided to go for the Vivier 20 and the eye serum, order failed, a sign from god??? I since got samples of Dermalogics Skin Boosters, skin firming and skin renewal. Will these do the same job as vit C. I reckon they just might so need to study these when I have a bit of peace - which is never...... Could you have a look sometime and see if they compare.....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |