Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Aging overnight! Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ligea
5% products discount

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies. I very much need your help and suggestions. I just turned 38yr old and I am very upset because it suddenly looks like I aged 10yrs overnight. My skin looks terrible Sad! I had a very serious family emergency a couple of years ago that has taken a lot out of me. I went from looking very young for my age, mistaken for in my 20's, to having severe nl folds, under eye bags and lines, and on top of all of this terrible acne! Confused I feel that I must step up and totally change my beauty methods. I just started Tanaka this week. I have been researching skinbiology also, looking for some kind of product or products that could help. I am a little confused by skinbiology. I have no idea which cleanser I should be using, I just need some help please. What products can you suggest for am and pm routine? I also found out I am Anemic and low in potassium, so any dietery advice would also be helpful. I am just feeling so terrible about the way I am looking! My body is also very saggy and my arms make me look about 70 Crying or Very sad I really think it is strange to look so horrible so suddenly. Thanks so much for your help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ligea wrote:
Hello Ladies. I very much need your help and suggestions. I just turned 38yr old and I am very upset because it suddenly looks like I aged 10yrs overnight. My skin looks terrible Sad! I had a very serious family emergency a couple of years ago that has taken a lot out of me. I went from looking very young for my age, mistaken for in my 20's, to having severe nl folds, under eye bags and lines, and on top of all of this terrible acne! Confused I feel that I must step up and totally change my beauty methods. I just started Tanaka this week. I have been researching skinbiology also, looking for some kind of product or products that could help. I am a little confused by skinbiology. I have no idea which cleanser I should be using, I just need some help please. What products can you suggest for am and pm routine? I also found out I am Anemic and low in potassium, so any dietery advice would also be helpful. I am just feeling so terrible about the way I am looking! My body is also very saggy and my arms make me look about 70 Crying or Very sad I really think it is strange to look so horrible so suddenly. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Ligea, sorry to hear about your sudden aging. It probably has a lot to do with the stress you were under from your family emergency and your current health problems.

I am no nutritionist (and I don't know what your diet is currently) but I would suggest cutting out junk food, eating more fruits and veggies. More whole foods in general. Try to get some exercise in also. It helps with stress and health issues.

As far as anti age products I would look into adding Retin A and a Vit. C product. They have the most long term studies behind them. It depends somewhat on what kind of skin you have. Don't forget about sunscreen.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear! Sad .Go for Avocado,Bananas,Dried Apricots, Spinach,Beans,Salmon,yoghurt for good natural source of potassium in your diet.Try to get 8 hours of sleep.No late nights,Do a bit of walking, yoga and stretches to relax and destress yourself.Last but not least, drink lots and lots of water.
But have you checked with your health care provider why are you low on potassium?
Check your hormone profile and blood sugar profile to understand why your skin is changing.Did you go on a crash diet? I hope all this helps.Take care Smile
Ps.for acne:- try evening primrose(orally).Discuss it with your doctor,first! .
NuvosaAdrian
5% products discount

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Those are great tips lulu, anybody should feel (and look) better if they followed that regimen@

5% products discount

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for your tips and suggestions. Lulu, I have problems with my Thyroid and have for the last 12 yrs. I did lose some weight in December because my thyroid was off and I think that really didn't help. I know that I need to totally overhaul my diet and start exercising. I just bought SB's Copper Peptides and I am going to try that. Thanks again! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:57 am      Reply with quote
CP is not for everyone. If you will be using CP, start introducing it to your skin slowly so your skin can adapt and you will be avoiding those "uglies" that members are talking about. One thing that I can suggest is to improve your overall internal health and wellness first by improving your diet first.... It will take some time, but you will get there...

Ligea wrote:

I just bought SB's Copper Peptides and I am going to try that.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
You poor baby - I know what stress can do to your appearance, and your self confidence has probably taken a hit.

It sounds cliche, but the first thing to do is start loving yourself. Make a commitment to yourself to take care of YOU, and start with your diet. I suggest that you start drinking green smoothies in the morning - I do mine with about 3-4 servings of fruit and two big handfuls of fresh raw greens - whizzed up in the blender with juice or coconut milk and Vitamin C powder added. Eating a lot of greens (especially spinach, with your low iron) can make such a difference in the way you feel. Greens are now practically a religious experience for me - and an * spam alert *!

I would take care of what goes into my body first, before I decide what to put on it. If you do start with CPs, please go very slowly - maybe start with just the CP serum.

And sleep! When I can't sleep my face shows it the next day. I use melatonin sometimes - it really does help and it's very mild, no side effects, at least not for me.

Good luck sweetie!

5% products discount

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Dear Jade and Immacolata,
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I have ordered the least scary SB Copper Peptide, the GHK Serum. I am going to start very, very slowly. I have to admit I am terrified of the uglies! Although, I look pretty ugly as it is and I have my 20yr reunion this year NeutralI am really confused about which sunscreen I should be wearing with my GHK and if I should be doing it morning or night? I agree that I need to do a complete overhaul of my diet for sure. Immacolata thank you soo much for the green smoothie idea! I have read some threads on it and I am really intrigued. I drink Superfood, but would love to make my own green smoothies. I will try your recipe and any other recipes I find on here. I just love this forum! I have learned so much and don't feel so alone going through this difficult time alone. Because I am starting the CP's, I am going to add supplement. My understanding is 1k vitC and 2k of MSM, which MSM though? Love you ladies, thanks again! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ligea. I can not help you with MSM supplement as I don't take this.... The only supplement I take is 1 Centrum multi-vitamin a day and that is all. The rest I get it from raw food as I am 80% into raw foods.... As for sunscreen, get at least 30 SPF or more, the higher the better. The only time I see a higher SPF sunscreen is during summer time when the sun is so strong, so you may as well stock some, but make sure that you check the expiry date on them....
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
You poor baby - I know what stress can do to your appearance, and your self confidence has probably taken a hit.

It sounds cliche, but the first thing to do is start loving yourself. Make a commitment to yourself to take care of YOU, and start with your diet. I suggest that you start drinking green smoothies in the morning - I do mine with about 3-4 servings of fruit and two big handfuls of fresh raw greens - whizzed up in the blender with juice or coconut milk and Vitamin C powder added. Eating a lot of greens (especially spinach, with your low iron) can make such a difference in the way you feel. Greens are now practically a religious experience for me - and an * spam alert *!

I would take care of what goes into my body first, before I decide what to put on it. If you do start with CPs, please go very slowly - maybe start with just the CP serum.

And sleep! When I can't sleep my face shows it the next day. I use melatonin sometimes - it really does help and it's very mild, no side effects, at least not for me.

Good luck sweetie!

Brilliant advice. I second everything!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I buy the Doctor's Best brand from Vitacost, it's very cheap although I can't think off the top of my head how much. I buy powdered Vitamin C there too, also very cheap. I love Vitacost!

I might get jumped for saying this, but...I no longer use sunscreen. That's because I use a very highly pigmented makeup, and it's done a great job of keeping the sun off my skin. I also wear a scarf in the winter that covers and shades most of my face, and I always wear big hollywood style sunglasses that cover my eye area completely, rain or shine. If I did wear a sunscreen, it would be one with zinc or titanium dioxide - not the nano kind. Much of the other stuff is toxic sludge and you'd be better off wearing a hat. There are some really cute hats out there too!

5% products discount

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I would start with Hair Skin and Nail vitamins from GNC, Neocell Collagen 1&3 (you can get this from GNC or Amazon) and Natural Hormone Boosters fromwww.oleda.com.

I would also follow The Perricone diet. You can google for this. Drink lots of water and find a good anti-aging skincare line. I like Murad, NV Perricone and Aloette, but there are many good ones out there.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |