Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology GHK Serum and Sunscreen???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ligea
5% products discount

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,
My GHK Serum should be arriving on Tuesday. I am excited and scared to try the CPs. I am still confused as to how to get started and I especially am confused about sunscreen. I have read all of the posts on CPs that I could find, but I still am unsure what to do. What kind of sunscreen can I wear with this? Right now I am using a Roc product with an spf30 on my face during the day, just recently learned it is bad to wear Retinol during the day Neutral. I have been told to add a C serum to my routine as I am 38 and starting to seriously age very suddenly. I know that vit C and copper don't go together, so maybe I should just stick with the cps for now? I am also scared of the uglies. If I do indeed have extensive past sun/acne damage, should I be scared as to how bad the damage coming to the surface will be? I know this questions is more than about just sunscreen. Any help or suggestions is very much appreciated. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't you use the GHK at night, separate from the sunscreen?

I use MMU for my SS most of the time. I also use a primer that has SS in it and I don't any problems using SS with my CPs (if I use them in the AM - I will switch it up on AM and PM applications). Dr Pickart of Skin Biology is not a fan of sunscreens that contain chemicals in them - preferring the SS ingredients of titanium dioxide (TiO2) &/or zinc oxide (ZnO). He has a section about chemical SS on his website you can read about here. Read some of the other info as well - it's always good to get educated.

Since you mention concerns about using ROC - have you actually taken a look at their ingredient list for the SS? It's a mile long.

I actually have found that using a zinc based SS or a zinc one w/ TiO2 in it provided me with the best protection - especially on my very sensitive chest area. Using CPs there as well has increased the sun protection for me so much in the summer that my decollete has improved immensely the last few years (in damage and in resistance to the sun). I found that using chemical based SS on my chest in the past has done more damage than good.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |