Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Luzern La Defense SPF 30
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on the search for a new sunscreen and have been trialling several in an attempt to find one (or 2) that I like. My personal preference is for more natural formulations and physical screening ingredients.

I have been using Luzern's La Defense SPF 30 for about 2 weeks. I have dry/dehydrated winter skin. The texture is a cream consistency but is not heavy or oily several like other physical sunscreen creams. I had to adjust the amount I apply otherwise it does leave a bit of whiteness on me, but 1 pump has been doing well to cover my face, ears and upper neck. I have found the best way to apply is to dot it around my face and then minimally connect the dots (I've read that physical sunscreens really shouldn't be rubbed in).

Once on, there is no sticky or tacky feel, rather it leaves a smooth feel that is not shiny or greasy but also not completely matte, just a nice finish to the touch and look.

As I have dry skin, I apply serum and cream before this sunscreen with good results.

I cannot say much for the actual sunscreening abilities as it is winter and I just haven't been outside too much, but I will be on a ski trip next week and intend on using this sunscreen.
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Pratima is pretty popular. It adds just enough moisture and leaves no white cast. I think its all natural. It does require refrigeration due to low level of preservatives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 am      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:
I have been on the search for a new sunscreen and have been trialling several in an attempt to find one (or 2) that I like. My personal preference is for more natural formulations and physical screening ingredients.

I have been using Luzern's La Defense SPF 30 for about 2 weeks. I have dry/dehydrated winter skin. The texture is a cream consistency but is not heavy or oily several like other physical sunscreen creams. I had to adjust the amount I apply otherwise it does leave a bit of whiteness on me, but 1 pump has been doing well to cover my face, ears and upper neck. I have found the best way to apply is to dot it around my face and then minimally connect the dots (I've read that physical sunscreens really shouldn't be rubbed in).

Once on, there is no sticky or tacky feel, rather it leaves a smooth feel that is not shiny or greasy but also not completely matte, just a nice finish to the touch and look.

As I have dry skin, I apply serum and cream before this sunscreen with good results.

I cannot say much for the actual sunscreening abilities as it is winter and I just haven't been outside too much, but I will be on a ski trip next week and intend on using this sunscreen.

Thank you for sharing. I am getting this brand confused with another that is heavily advertised in NewBeauty magazine. That brand has high rating for their vitamin C and brighten the skin.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:

Does this contain both zinc oxide and titanium dioxide? Does your packaging tell you the percentage?

I do like physical sunscreens. Curious about this one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
hi Autumn1995
I've just checked this, it is 14% zinc oxide (Z-cote).
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Any updates, OP??
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love to read any updates also.
havana8

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I was just looking for this on EDS and saw elsewhere that it has been reformulated (probably why it may be temporarily(?) discontinued on EDS--see small "DISC" link at bottom right of Luzern page on the storefront for discontinued products). Apparently the new version has 17.5% zinc oxide and now comes in a tube although it's still rated as SPF30.

Luzern La Defense SPF 30
Active ingredient: Zinc Oxide 17.5%.
Inactive Ingredients: Algae Extract*†, Buddleja Davidii Extract**†, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside*†, C14-22 Alcohols*†, Caprylhydroxamic Acid*†, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract**†, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride*†, Carbomer†, Cetyl Alcohol*†, Citric Acid*†, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Oil**†, Cyclomethicone†, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate†, Ethylhexylglycerin*†, Glycerin**†, Glyceryl Caprylate*†, Glyceryl Undecylenate*†, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract**†, Hexyldecanol*†, Isostearyl Palmitate*†, L-Arginine*†, Leontopdoium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Extract**†, Methylcellulose*†, Methylpropanediol†, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate†, Panthenol*†, Propanediol*†, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate*†, Sodium Hyaluronate*†, Sodium PCA*†, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate*†, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract**†, Tocophersolan†, Tocopheryl Acetate*†, Water (Aqua)*†, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract**†.
NATURAL-DERIVED / DÉRIVÉS DE NATUREL and/or ECOCERT ** CERTIFIED ORGANIC/ CERTIFIÉ ORGANIQUE USDA / ECOCERT / BIO-SWISS † ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP (EWG) Low Hazard Rating of “Green 0 - 2” (non-toxic, non-irritating)

There seems to be quite a few changes to the ingredient list.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I would live to read any updates and if anyone got the newer version.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here is more info and a place where you can buy it. I've been looking at this for a while but have not purchased it yet.

http://aylabeauty.com/luzern-labs/la-defense-spf-30.html
havana8

Sun May 04, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, jom! Please let us know how you make out with it if you do end up trying it.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I bought both the Luzern BB cream SPF20 and the Luzern La Defense sunscreen SPF30 and have been using them on alternate days since last Thursday. Both are very lightweight sunscreens. They are not moisturizing. I expected a little more moisture since there are so many antioxidants in them. The light tint of the BB cream is a little too light for me (NC 25) but the medium was too dark. It does even out my skin and provide a little coverage. My skin does look good throughout the day. It's good to use on my 20 minute drive to work in the morning. The La Defense is a lightweight white cream that does not leave a white tint or cast to my skin. It absorbs nicely, but as I said it is not moisturizing. It is so light that it makes me wonder if I am really being protected from the sun, but I believe I am. I think people with oily skin would love this stuff. I like both products but I am not jumping up and down excited about either one.
havana8

Wed May 07, 2014 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Jom. I'll weigh in too if I end up purchasing.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
wow 17.5% zinc oxide... that's high. I am surprised it won't leave a white film on the skin. Thanks for sharing
Bayahair

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
wow 17.5% zinc oxide... that's high. I am surprised it won't leave a white film on the skin. Thanks for sharing

Laughing Laughing same thing I was thinking.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |