Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
introduction and seeking recommendation ..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have been lurking on this board for a few months and finally decided that i need to join you ladies(if you dont mind, ofcourse). Yours is such a loveley group! The things that kept me from doing this were(and they are still there) my 21 months old daughter and my disgusting typing speed!

Now, I neeed some recommendations for my 27 year old, combination(normal to oily) skin which is fairly acne prone(blackheads,whiteheads, angry red bumps, really nice Confused ), especially before 'that time of the month' when it goes absolutely crazy. i have fine lines on forhead and as a final touch very dark circles around my eyes. Yes, I know... I am blessed . I am really interested in Phytomer, Orlane, Valmont and Cellcosmet lines. Though other recommendations are welcome too. FYI, I already have and love Valmont renewing pack. But Dr H cleansing cream didnt do anything for me and anyways, with a active toddler it becomes a bit time-consuming with all the pressing and rolling.

Looking foward to participating here and will be posting some reviws soon .TIA
Ravenly
5% products discount

Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi and WELCOME!!!! wave

I love all of the advice here, since it is so unbiased. I unfortunately can't give you any advice at this time. I have only tried some of the products but right now I am pregnant and everything affects my face differently. I am sure you'll find the advice you need in the pages here at EDS!!!!!!

Congrats on your daughter Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome!!!! wave I remember that age, my son was on the go and fast.

I'm pretty new too and don't have much advice as I haven't tried too many products. You will get lots of great and friendly advice from others in know though. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome Smile

I myself am pretty new to this...I have not been here for a while since I myself am a proud mother of twins.

They are now amost 4 months and growing each day. ( Madison and Kyle) they are the world to me.( I know mother talk hahaha)

lets get back to your question.

I have used orlane products in the past and I must say that they are good but I find that Yonka works the best. Please try Juvenil, creme 15 those are the two best product for over active epidermis. Yes I know, i was sceptical at first too but i swear by yonka line.
Orlane is good but not as good as Yonka.
Well at least that is my opionion.

When I was pregnant the yonka line helped me a lot cause I broke out like mad. I still do suffer from hormonal imbalance and I would never switch back to Orlane again.

if you do decide to use the Orlane line please let me know what you really think.
Please don't base the product on the smell cause it can be dangerous so give it some time before you really do see some results

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mithai! Welcome! Very Happy
I'm not going to be much help to you with the brands that you have asked about, however you did ask for other suggestions too.... well, I am very partial to Dermalogica ( especially reading how your skin is and your age)and if you want a no fuss, easy routine that helps makes a nice clean, clear complexion not drying but not aggravating your oiliness...

Dermalogica's
Special Cleansing Gel ( a slightly foaming gel cleanser, washes off)
Multi-Active Toner ( a spray pump bottle so you dont have to fuss with cotton pads)
Active Moist ( a light day or night moisturiser)

then you could add.....
Daily Microfoliant ( a fairly gentle enzymatic exfoliant that can be used daily... or as needed)
Then if you wanted to add an eye product...
Total Eye Care Spf 15
Maybe a mask? Skin Refining Mask ( clay based rinse off after 15 mins once or twice a week)
If you are bothered by breakouts, there is another product that you can dab just on the problem areas called Medicated Clearing Gel, but even if you just used the 3 or maybe 4 steps alone, you'll probably see a difference.
Very Happy

There are lots of other products in the range but I have a feeling you would appreciate the simple but effective routine of this!
Mabsy

Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum mithai!

For dark circles I would actually recommend a brand that wasn't on your "preferred" list. I've had great results from Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue. I love my Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream to bits, it's light and yet moisturising but I still can't go past the PTR for dark circles. I didn't find the PTR moisturising enough so I still needed to put another eye cream over the top.

In terms of Valmont, I would highly recommend the High Performance BioCellular Serum. It can be used just as a moisturiser if you have combo to oily skin.

Phytomer has a very nice exfoliator called Gommage Marin but I'm not sure if you'd like this given that your skin is oily. I would actually recommend the Dermalogica Microfoliant. You can use this daily (once a day) and you just mix a bit of the powder with water and massage on your skin for about a minute. Much less tedious than the Dr H Cleansing Cream but also very impressive (at least it has been for me). In terms of breakouts, there are just so many products out there that could work for you. I tend to go with either Salicylic Acid/Glycolic Acid products (like some of the PCA Skin, Dermalogica or MDF linens) or natural products like YonKa Juvenil and Creme 15, or Decleor Essential Balm. I think if you are not too attached to the lines you mentioned then it would be a good idea to incorporate some glycolic acid into your routine (like a cleanser for example) to help with the breakouts.

HTH

ps. Did you have dark circles before your daughter was born? Just wondering if they're simply caused by lack of sleep...
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much all of you for warm welcome and recommendations.

Kinga, I really want to try Yonka products you mentioned and have a sample tube of Creme 15 to try which i scored yesterday but have no juvenil yet(Do you think Juvenil is an essential component or should i try out the sample of creme 15 first..its quite small though and i dont know if it is enough to see a difference) but i have, like you, doubts whether it will be effective in controlling my hormonal breakout...i have tried so many things.Proactive worked to an extent but after a few months wasnt as effective and I was not sure if all thet BPO was doing a lot of harm too.

Muzzie, I tried a couple of samples of dermalogica..while I liked all the products, they didnt wow me.The effect was not long lasting. But yes it is a simple, effective and reasonably priced line.

Mabsy, You are the Guru of this borad. Arent you?!!Actually I am using PTR eyecream at the moment. It has been almost been two weeks and i think there is improvement(even my husband commented but then, he knows that i am using this cream for dark circles)...i hope its not wishful thinking. i will report back on this. and FYI i always had dark circles. I am actually trying out a sample of bio cellular serum also...it is not moisturising enough on its own for me, may be in summer it will be. I have essential balmfrom decleor and yes it it very effective product for small bumps and makes your skin glow the next morning but cant be used everyday and doesnt adress the big bumps for me. And I have been forever thinking od getting microfoliant..but i dont know what keeps me from getting it. (just jotted a mental note down...must, must, must get it soon)and i must alo get MD Forte cleanser II.

I will be posting a post about my visit to a beutician which i am sure you all will find interesting..just when i get some time again.(BTW i finished this post in 5 slots, everytime i type a few lines my daughter come and gets me)
Mabsy

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:02 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:

Mabsy, You are the Guru of this borad. Arent you?!!Actually I am using PTR eyecream at the moment. It has been almost been two weeks and i think there is improvement(even my husband commented but then, he knows that i am using this cream for dark circles)...i hope its not wishful thinking. i will report back on this. and FYI i always had dark circles. I am actually trying out a sample of bio cellular serum also...it is not moisturising enough on its own for me, may be in summer it will be. I have essential balmfrom decleor and yes it it very effective product for small bumps and makes your skin glow the next morning but cant be used everyday and doesnt adress the big bumps for me. And I have been forever thinking od getting microfoliant..but i dont know what keeps me from getting it. (just jotted a mental note down...must, must, must get it soon)and i must alo get MD Forte cleanser II.

No, just an addict on this site Laughing Embarassed
Well, it sounds like you have all of this pretty much sorted out. I hope the PTR *does* work well for you. I think you should try the Microfoliant but the YonKa Creme15 and a glycolic cleanser sound like pretty good options for you.

Ps. I'm not Kinga, but I think you should go ahead and use your Creme15 without Juvenil and see how you go. You don't need both of them to get some benefit.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |