Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anti-wrinkle creams that really work
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote
There is an article under the above heading concerning the magic ingredient, Matrixyl.
Listed are 5 reasonably priced creams containing Matrixyl, although it seems that word has already got out and some of them have been swept off the shelves!
Mail online.co.uk
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I should have mentioned that this article is in today's Daily Mail.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this up as the article is about Matrixyl:-
Research by Professor Ian Hamly, published in the journal Molecular Pharmaceuticals, found that when concentrations were high enough, the chemical hugely boosted the amount of collagen made.
I have long thought that there is something 'special' about Matrixyl, as the only product that heals my dry flaking lips is Clarins Extra Firming Lip and Contour Balm, which contains Matrixyl (the expensive one in the small pot).
Clarins other lip balm, which comes as a push-up-stick, does not contain Matrixyl and doesn't work on me.
So now I'm wondering whether Matrixyl will eventually replace Retin A as the No.1 product for the skin.
Thoughts, anyone?
obsedded1234
5% products discount

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Almost every month there is a new miracle cream...
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Peptides are one of those rare things where I pretty much just agree with Paula. Haha.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/peptide

Some of them work for some people, and some of them don't. If this one works for you, keep at it! (I know I was *thrilled* when I tried vitamin C for the first time and it made such a dramatic difference in my skin. If someone asked me to decide between my C and eating for a day, I would be fasting that day!)

I'm not sure if you're using Matrixyl or Matrixyl 3000, but they do have a nice chunk of research on them. You could try copper peptides too (even older old school) if your skin is responding to peptides. They are more of a carrier peptide, but still.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Holmes,

What were the 5 reasonably priced cream ?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
chantrelle:-
St Ives
l'Oreal
Olay Regenerist
Skin Doctors
Tranquillity.
If you go to MailOnline you will get more information on each product.
In Search type in 'Anti-Wrinkle Creams That Really Work.'

In today's Daily Express there is more information.
'Researchers found that when Matrixyl at a concentration of three per cent was applied to the face, it stimulated the production of collagen from within the skin, doubling the amount produced.
Don't expect instant results.The body takes at least 2 months to make new collagen, so for best results use the product twice a day.
Clinical trials showed that three per cent Matrixyl used daily over 3 months produced the best results.
'Unfortunately most products don't list the concentration of each active ingredient. Go by what is nearest the top of the list.'
These products are listed:-
Neostrata: Olay Regenerist (again!}: No.7 Protect & Perfect: M & S Advanced Formula.
Go towww.express.co.uk.
Type in Search 'Does this iron out the wrinkles?', for more information on each product.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes, thanks for the info. I will look into this.
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good! Btw, is it expensive to buy it from UK to Canada?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I think most of those products can be bought in Canada, except perhaps for M & S (Marks and Spencer, which is a UK company.}
I know that the St.Ives Collagen is not sold in the UK and has to be bought on Amazon, but as it comes in a large tub that makes it very expensive with the added postage.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this up yet again as there was more information on Matrixyl in the Daily Mail of October 11.
Scientists at Reading University have discovered it can almost double the amount of collagen in the skin, and have developed a range of face creams called Stratum C, which they claim contains more Matrixyl than other creams on the market.
Stratum C is supposed to be particularly effective for women going through the menopause.
It's not cheap - £85 for 50 ml, but if it works.....
Has anyone tried this yet?
mailonline.com
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
I'm bumping this up yet again as there was more information on Matrixyl in the Daily Mail of October 11.
Scientists at Reading University have discovered it can almost double the amount of collagen in the skin, and have developed a range of face creams called Stratum C, which they claim contains more Matrixyl than other creams on the market.
Stratum C is supposed to be particularly effective for women going through the menopause.
It's not cheap - £85 for 50 ml, but if it works.....
Has anyone tried this yet?
mailonline.com

I have not tried that cream. However, when this post first came out I got a Matrixyl cream that I'm very happy with. I'd say my wrinkles are a little better. However, I've started to use a C serum around the same time, so it might be the combinaison of the two.

Resently I have tried to switch my serum and I noticed the serum was doing a lot for me and I went back to it.

Bottom line I will not give up on my Matrixyl cream cause I,m sure it plays a role in my skin improvment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
chantrelle - which particular Matrixyl cream are you using that you are finding helpful?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Alyria Revitalizing cream. It easier to find it in Canada and it seems cheaper too. I get it for 50$ and I saw it on US Web site for 100$. Maybe, it can be found at a better price, I did't search much for prices, I have noticed the price differences when I was shopping for it.

I like it a lot however I don't know if I would pay 100$ as there are other creams cheaper with Matixyl.

http://www.alyria-med.com/page.asp?intNodeID=13710

The texture is very good for me as it does not fell greasy at all and moiturizes perfectly for my skin type that is kind of mix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
No mention of vitamin A/retinol and ascorbic acid?

Of course not, because they're the *real* workhorses and are tres boring. And not that expensive really. The major brands all use these but buyers want something NEW! IMPROVED! and sexxy. Enter peptides. Without A and C as the main players, the rest is just fluff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Of course not, because they're the *real* workhorses and are tres boring. And not that expensive really. The major brands all use these but buyers want something NEW! IMPROVED! and sexxy. Enter peptides. Without A and C as the main players, the rest is just fluff.

The *true* stars stand the test of time. Others come and go.
Whether Matrixyl is magic or not ... Only time will tell.

I have a batch of LAA that I'm using by blending into water-based creams I have. It's been fun. I got out my ph testers to make sure it's hitting the right range. I believe in C as a necessary antioxidant. (Works on fruit when I can/jar foods Laughing ) I know that is off topic but anyway... I have some matrixyl product that I'm using up. It is a cream from NCN that I put over everything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

I would like to also add sunscreen as a proven skin care item. Yep, it is boring but it does work.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

I use a Vit C serum with the Matrixyl cream and I fell I get benefits from both products.

About the vit A, I got over the peelings but not the dryness (could not get a plumped skin). My skin looks much better without the vit A. I think that unfortunately not all of us can use Vit A.

However, trying to introduce it slowly again as I know it is a provent ingredient. Hopefully this time it will work out good with Tazorac and CeraVe as a moiturizer on the Tazorac night.

I have kind of believed the post was about Matrixyl and not about all that works.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |