Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Most moisturising, soothing facial creams?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I have very sensitive skin that I may have done some damage to. Just wondering if people here had sensitive, dehydrated skin, and if so do they use any products that they would recommend?

Thanks!

Violet

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Something with ceramides in is good if you need to rebuild the skins barrier if your in the US I believe there is a cream called CeraVe which is supposed to be very good and here in the UK I have used Bepanthen (nappy rash cream) and La Roche Posey Cicaplast to good effect.
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Something with ceramides in is good if you need to rebuild the skins barrier if your in the US I believe there is a cream called CeraVe which is supposed to be very good and here in the UK I have used Bepanthen (nappy rash cream) and La Roche Posey Cicaplast to good effect.

Thanks Pandora! I'm also in the UK. Are Bepanthen and La Roche Posey Cicaplast available over the counter?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you can get them both in boots, the bepanthan you can probably get in the supermarket and is cheap but it has lanolin in it which not everyone likes. The Cicaplast B5 Baume is about £18 and only available in larger boots but it is a really good product to have on hand as it heals the skin really well.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I like Nia 24 Skin Strengthening Complex. Lots of good reviews on MUA.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I love First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. You can get it at Sephora or off of Amazon. I use Cereve also, but this one soaks in very well and is calming.
Great for sensitive skin like mine!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065I0UMO/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5% products discount

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive, prone to dehydration, skin & I swear by Dr. Hauschka's Regenerating serum followed by the Regenerating Day cream.
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Try to use safe ingredients.
Such as shea butter, cocoa butter, they are really nice.
I suggest you buy pure butter now, after your skin is getting better. You can try some brands. Such as Clarins this kind of brand.
eliotxx

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I also like Nia 24 skin strengthening, but for my dry skin it isn't quite enough. doesn't give that "plumping" effect i'm after.

The only thing i've used that calms and moisturizes enough is La Mer. Pricey but i'm addicted!

I'd love to find something similar to La Mer that's cheaper. I heard Dr. Houschka Rose Day cream is. I just end up spending more experimenting with products than buying what I know works, so I haven't tried it.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I love Yonka, its my go to line when I am sensitive or have break outs. Wonderful
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily mask and their new healing emulsion. These are really nice products that diminish redness and sensitivity.
IWantFlawlessSkin
5% products discount

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote
How about an oil, like rosehip or argan? I love rosehip oil. Also shea butter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Try Devita Rx Ultrahydrate. It really plumps the skin, isn't expensive, lasts forever, and does well on sensitive skin. Although I adore NIA24 Skin Strengthening complex, I agree that it doesn't do much try hydrate dry skin.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Adwerd

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I also like Nia 24 Skin Strengthening Complex. It is really nice and most effective product. According to me you can also use some natural tips like you can use butter for make your skin oily or shiny. Use rose water or wash your face with milk. These both are best moisturizer.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
After 10 years of use, I still say that La Mer is the most soothing moisturizer I have ever tried. I just can't be without it!!
Belle Vie
5% products discount

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr. Houschka's Rose Day cream but I plan to purchase La Mer next for a change.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Eminence dry skin moisturizers are pretty hydrating.
JacobMiller
5% products discount

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:36 am      Reply with quote
La Mer for moisturizers, cleansers, makeup and more skincare, best result since many years.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive, dry dehydrated skin. It is so much better than it was a year ago at this time. Here are some things that worked for me:

- Was diligent about drinking water and taking EFA supplements.
- watched my diet and ate as healthy as possible.
- took my B vitamins (my skin is the first to react when I am deficient in B vitamins).
- Purple Emu Super Rich Moisturizer
- Nanci from NCN helped make suggestions that helped a lot.
- emu oil on top of moisturizers every night.
- Tamanu oil on any blemishes
- treated my skin as if it was wounded rather than breaking out.

All of these made a big difference in my skin. About 6 weeks ago, I was convinced to try La Mer Creme (the original one). I know there are many people who hate La Mer and feel it is a rip off. To each their own - I am speaking from personal experience. When I tried La Mer, the difference in my skin was shocking to me. I had never seen anything diminish the redness the way it did. I am now using it twice a day, but only on my face. I can't afford to use the whole line and won't let myself even consider it. I am using the traditional cream, because it works. The small sample that I was given lasted me over 2 weeks. At that rate, it will not be cost prohibitive. For my neck and chest, I am using up all the other moisturizers I have in the house.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post. I thought of another product worth mentioning, but I waited too long to add to my previous post.

I picked up a new Kiehls product about a week ago that is showing some promise. It is called Skin Rescuer. It is supposed to be excellent for hydration. I like what I see so far. For my dry skin, I use it before a moisturizer and I only need a small amount.

http://www.kiehls.ca/skin-rescuer/1064,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=skin%20rescuer

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I recently began using Boots Lift and Luminate Day Cream over my Boots serum, and so far it hasn't made my sensitive skin break out, nor has it made the rosacea flare up.
And it contains Matrixyl - a bonus!
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have sensitive skin.But I guess that you can use some organic products.Maybe you can try the samples first.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:33 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:

The CeraVe Cream is wonderful! I usually use the lotion for my face, but my skin as been dry and painful due to lack of humidity from A/C, Retin-A, and a switch to physical sunscreen. I bought a tub yesterday and put it on last evening, 1 hour after putting on Retin-A. My skin this morning was plumper, much more hydrated, and the pain was gone. I'm using it every eve after Retin-A, that's for certain!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |