Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
nioxin question..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leaffie
5% products discount

Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
hi.. has anyone here who has tried this product tell me whether they have noticed thicker hair? i know this product is targeted for people with thinning hair but i'm not sure if i fall into that category.. i mean, i've always had thin hair and not alot of it, so do you think this product will work for me??
Thanks!!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Gosh, I don't know, Leaffie....I use the Scalp Therapy as a preventative measure to stimulate my scalp....but I have a good head of hair anyway...I would, however, recommend the Scalp Therapy to anyone ....It's really invigorating and makes my scalp feel really cold when it is on (it's a good thing!). It "feels" like it is really increasing the circulation.... My husband uses the full line and likes it - and his hair isn't getting any thinner (it doesn't seem so, anyways..) Hopefully you will get some more comments from other members!
Pudoodles Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Nioxin line and really like it. The Scalp Therapy is a great conditioner for fine hair. It does not weigh you hair down therefore your hair looks much thicker after your blow it dry. Besides, it feel awesome on your scalp. If you have very fine hair it should be treated well as we want to keep all that we have. Laughing

Mabsy recommended this line to me. Since I have been using it I note that there is no more hair on the sink after I blow dry. Thanks much Mabsy!!
Mabsy

Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Glad it's worked well for you Winnie! I definitely see an improvement in the health of my fine hair but I can't really say that I have seen a thickening of it. It's still as fine as it used to be but it doesn't fall out much when I wash it and it feels and looks healthier.
leaffie
5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
how about triaxon??
i saw it on the shopping channel last night.. has anyone in this forum tried this product?
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've also had good results with Nioxin. I use both the shampoo and the scalp therapy at the suggestion of my hairdresser.

Like Winnie, since using Nioxin, I don't see nearly the hair left in my brush after blowdrying. At one point I was seeing scary amounts of hair left in the drain after showering. Even my husband noticed and mentioned it.

That has completely stopped since using Nioxin.

To be fair, I have to say that at about the same time, I was using some bioidentical hormones and I think he had the balance off and was giving me too much testosterone. I told him I wanted the amount reduced due to side effects (hair in the drain, hair growing in places I didn't want). Since we changed that at about the same time, I can't say totally that the improvement was due to Nioxin.

I do know that my scalp is healthier though because before using Nioxin, I was having a problem of itchy scalp and a white scale that formed in the scalp. That has greatly improved with the Nioxin Scalp Therapy. I figure that my scalp being more healthy is a definite step toward my hair being healthier too.

Right now, I'm very happy with the condition of my hair.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
As for triaxon, I would guess it's a company trying to do a knock-off of Nioxin and just trading on the popularity of the name.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out the triaxon on the shopping channel's website. It really doesn't give any information to be able to compare the two. No ingredients list or anything. It does have a 30 day guarantee if it really sucks!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I'm bumping an old thread. I've been losing a lot of hair recently - I'm not sure why. I am under a lot od stress but have been for a while... Confused Anyway, I started using the Nioxin kit 1 for Natural hair at the early stages of thinnning and have been using it for 3 weeks. I *think* that it works as I see less hair in the drain but I haven't rigorously studied it. My question is: Do you have to keep using the Nioxin or can you use it occasionally? I'm also asking because, on the raves of Ojon users, I've also got a kit from Ojon and love the smell and how soft it leaves my hair. So, I'm now faced with staying with Nioxin (boring smell) or go for Ojon... It's like the Garden of Eden. Please help. TIA. Catxxx
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also have a Nioxin question. (I just bought some 2 days ago.) People say that you arent supposed to wash your hair everyday, but when using a product like Nioxin, is it better if you do wash it everyday? Do you get a better/quicker effect that way?

Also for Step 3, the Scalp Treatment, it says to use DAILY in capital letters, so does that mean that I use this even if I havent washed my hair that day? And it also says on Step 3 to put it all over your scalp and spread evenly, but it doesnt say whether on not this should be done on dry or damp hair.

Sorry, guess that was more than one Nioxin question!
Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
I also have a Nioxin question. (I just bought some 2 days ago.) People say that you arent supposed to wash your hair everyday, but when using a product like Nioxin, is it better if you do wash it everyday? Do you get a better/quicker effect that way?

Also for Step 3, the Scalp Treatment, it says to use DAILY in capital letters, so does that mean that I use this even if I havent washed my hair that day? And it also says on Step 3 to put it all over your scalp and spread evenly, but it doesnt say whether on not this should be done on dry or damp hair.

Too bad no one has answered these questions...... Crying or Very sad
I have also ordered these products, still waiting for my order.
I hope someone can tell me how to use them exactly.
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I used Nioxin for several years:
I washed 5 days a week and used Scalp Therapy after I shampooed. I used it all over my scalp and hair on freshly shampooed, wet hair~ let it sit, while I shaved, etc. ~ then I rinsed thoroughly.
I only used the Scalp Therapy when I had used shampoo, like a conditioner.
On the days I did not shampoo, no Scalp Therapy.
I particularly liked the Follicle Booster, which I used at night.
Yes, it did slow hair loss and helped with volume.
I, also, really liked Bliss ~ the leave-in, spray conditioner.

Hope that helps!
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
One product that really did help with new growth ~ tons of baby hairs was j.f. lazartigue Stymulactine 21 Shampoo + Stymulactine 21 Hair Loss Specific Treatment.
I have tried Nioxin, Jan Marini Age Intervention Hair Revitalizing Conditioner, and Men's Extra Strength Rogaine ~ in my case Lazartigue worked best. I, also, take the Lazartigue Hair Vitamins.
The biggest problem with lazartigue is the price, it is very expensive.
But, for me, it worked best.
No matter which line you use, it takes about 90 days to actually see new growth; although, the hair loss usually stops pretty quickly.

As a summary ~ all the products mentioned stopped hair loss. Nioxin + Jan Marini, in addition, added volume. Lazartigue helped the most for me with new growth.
Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your answer Smile
Washing FIVE days a week.......that's quite often!! Confused
I haven't ordered follicle booster, just shampoo, therapy and treatment. Let's first try that.
And Lazartigue.......it's not that bad (yet) with my hair, so I'm not prepared (yet) to spend a fortune Embarassed
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Like previous posts, I am really cheap and then after having 2 babies, i realized that my hair was thinning... so i started using the shampoo and the scalp therapy.... at one point I thought I didn't think I needed it anymore so I went back to normal shampoo... big mistake...! I started to notice a slight hair loss again!! This stuff REALLY WORKS!! I have started to use follicle booster a year ago and it really helps the new hair growth!! It is pricey but definitely worth a try!!

HTH,

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
PS - I wash my hair every second day, and on the days that i wash my hair, I put on scalp therapy as the conditioner and afterwards when I come out of the shower, I use follicle booster. So i basically use the products every second day and it works fine for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for replying! This definately helps and while I already have the three steps (Shampoo, conditioner and scalp therapy) I think that I am going to go buy the Follicle Booster as well. Thanks for the tips!
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Does Nioxin contain SLS?
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:
Does Nioxin contain SLS?

Yes and I just found this out. I had noticed my hair was drier and was getting knots more easily. Then I read that SLS strips your hair and I looked on the shampoo bottle and sure enough it was on the label. Im going to switch to a natural shampoo that doesnt have SLS and continue with the Scalp Therapy and Follicle booster. Hopefully this works to thicken up my hair!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I guess NIOXIN is a "no-no"

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
If you're looking for an anti-DHT shampoo-that's what Nioxin is-try the DS labs one, at least it doesn't contain SLS's and purports to do the same thing the Nioxin shampoo does.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
If you're looking for an anti-DHT shampoo-that's what Nioxin is-try the DS labs one, at least it doesn't contain SLS's and purports to do the same thing the Nioxin shampoo does.

Where can you get this at?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
EDS..look under DS Laboratories
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
With the DS labs one, it focusses on being for men- does that matter?

Also, where do you order Lazartigue products from?
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.jflazartigue.com/textimg.php?id=40&pg=136
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |