Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has anyone seen 20/20 last night about beauty myths?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
hello Smile

Last night I was watching TV and there was 20/20 on and they were busting 10 beauty myths.

One of them was talking about skincare products- MOISTURIZERS AND ANTI-WRINKLE creams and basically a dermatologist said that none of these things can prevent or get rid of wrinkles. The only thing that they do is maybe make them " a little less apparent" but thats about it.

Wouldnt it be terrible if that was the case Sad
I dont want to beleieve that...

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you watch any advert for skin care they all say they "may help to reduce the APPEARANCE" of wrinkles and they are all shot with soft focused lens on the pretty YOUNG model. Results speak for themselves howevers. Deep lines and wrinkles may well see improvement from creams,as for the fine lines, well, I'll tell you if I ever find anything to get rid of mine.
MysticGraces
5% products discount

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think good skin tends to follow mostly genetics,as well as good skin care at an early age and iam talking teens or earlier.

I think if you leave your skin for too long without tending it,you are going to have more damage that someone that has been caring for their skin properly..IE sunscreen every day rain or shine.

I have good genes,my mom and grandmother while they have wrinkles,didnt develop them until much later on in life..my mom is 73 and doesnt look more than 55!

My grandmother and MOM swear by using a regular mild soap,wash and rinse in cool water and then apply Ponds Cold cream twice a day.

My Mantra as a teen(Thanks to them) was MOISTURIZE

I dont think the lotions and potions do very much..its mostly wishful thinking..I stick to a basic skin care routine
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thats so true what you said Cindi Smile

Mystic Graces, lucky you for good genes! I dont think I have that luxury.

I am still going to probably get all these anti-wrinkle products lol keeping my fingers crossed they will do wonders for me Smile

Aga
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have an 80 year old aunt who, through the years, has spent a fortune on skincare. The whole family jokes about it, teases her a bit, all in good fun....but...you know what? She has absolutely gorgeous skin...and her 2 sisters do not. Genetics certainly play a huge part but who knows.......Aunt Anita is still plenty hot! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
While none of these anti-aging creams is a magic bullet, I still firmly believe in using them. Maybe I'm fooling myself, but I've looked after my skin all my life and I look a good 10-15 years younger than those who haven't. The fact that we spend money on creams and a skin care regime shows that we care about how we look, and that's also reflected in our attitudes to life and growing older. So it might be a combination of all those factors that delude us into thinking they work Laughing

Anya
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
It is great to hear that all this skincare we do doesnt go for nothing Smile
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Anya, whats your secret skin routine? Smile

Aga
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I watched 20/20 and I totally disagree. From the time I was a very young teen I have loved all the creams, makeup and beauty products. Taking care of your skin pays off. My sister is four years older then I. She has so many more wrinkles and age spots. She never wore any makeup or used creams on her skin. I don't wear makeup much anymore but I swear that the reason I don't have any age spots is that I never left the house without makeup (foundation). When sunscreen was not a big deal I swear it protected my skin from the sun. Perhaps if you have severe damage to your skin and all of a sudden decide to start taking care of it there could be a problem. I suggest that the younger you start the better you will look when you are older. Do good skin genes help? Of course.
nwheeler

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I had to chime in here. I am new here and I am a consultant with Mary Kay. While I do sell products that instantly reduced the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, I see dramatic results (over time, of course) with regular use of skin care products. A big key is to keep the skin clean, keep the newer skin "on top" and keep it moisture balanced. What I mean by "on top" is to exfoliate the dead skin so that the newer skin shows through. I believe that this renews your skin and helps keep the wrinkles away! Smile Hope this helps !
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
[size=9][quote="Winnie"] Taking care of your skin pays off.[/size]
I think Winnie pretty much summed it up (and Winnie, your jawline contour still amazes me!! Shock ). Also, I think that we are in revolutionary times (scientifically speaking) and that we are going to end up pretty surprised ( I already am..) by what emerges over the next 10 years (that's my sci-fi predict, anyway..)...Notwithstanding the enormous market and many of the money-hungry barracudas looking to pierce the wallets of people like me, I'm still feeling pretty excited about skin treatment and different treatment philosophies (like the thinking behind the Dr. Hauschka line - which is totally intriguing!!!)...Perhaps I'm just selling the notion to myself, but I don't care - I really don't. I enjoy it ALL immensely, love my results and, bottom line, (if you don't break your bank book) that's all that matters. Very Happy
Pudoodles
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I think when you find the right products for your own skin and diligently use it, the results can be dramatic. So I think Winnie is right, taking care of your skin DOES pay off!

Just today at a family gathering I was confronted by my parents about "work" done on my face. Apparently my entire family has been thinking for the last few weeks that I went under the knife. They were all just concerned though, and I told them it was the best compliment they could have given. We all laughed about it because they know how I am about my skin and the sun (none of them wear sunscreen to my knowledge). When I got home I already had phone msg's from my parents, sis and sis-in-law. They all wanted to know what I was using. Smile

-Cheri
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:58 am      Reply with quote
well done phredd4, I bet that made you feel like a millions dollars......... p.s. you should have sold the rights to your technique Laughing Laughing
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:
Anya, whats your secret skin routine? Smile

Aga

Hi Aga:
I've always avoided the sun, so I don't suffer from sun damage which is a plus. As a teen I had very oily skin, that I hated at the time, but its paying off now Smile.
In terms of skin care, I exfoliate and give myself a weekly face pack (currently using Borghese Fango mud pack), then every day I use Creme de la Mer and an assortment of eye creams. Ohhh and I've also started on a facial exercise routine (mentioned in a previous thread).
I tell ya, its hard work, but worth it in the end
Wink

Anya
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Opinions are just that.... one person's opinion. The Dermatologist sees things from a somewhat biased point of view because he has invested many years of study about "medical" approaches to skin problems and the concentration of that focus gives him a specific opinion.

Aestheticians, on the other hand, seem to take a more gentle approach and they get results too.

Then, people who study nutrition come from a standpoint of nourishing the body and skin to improve the skin.

All have a part of the truth, but not really all of it.

I would consider the aesthetician and the nutritionist long before I'd consult a dermatologist... just because that's the direction my study and focus has taken. That and the fact that I find all physcian types to believe that they are almost God-like in their knowledge and they look down on the rest of us. The unfortunate thing about that is that often the more natural approaches can produce greater results with less damage to the skin.

Now, having said that, it's just my opinion. But, based on my experience.... I've always had rather good skin, not perfect, but very good. Never had a lot of trouble with blemishes and the like. Because my skin was good, I got into the habit of cleaning and moisturizing only in the morning. At night, I was so tired, I'd just fall into bed. About a year ago, I began marketing the ES facelift system, so I began focusing more on my skincare and began doing my skincare routine both morning and night. Just that alone, dramatically improved the appearance of my skin and the feel of it. So, for me, based on my experience, the proper creams, serums, etc. definitely do make a difference and being more consistant with a morning and night routine can make a dramatic difference.

Another case in point. Up to the age of 30, my daughter's skin was peaches and cream, absolutely beautiful. Consequently, she really didn't care for it properly, never cleansed at night, did some tanning machines, used whatever moisturizers she had handy.... and at 40, my skin looked younger than hers. She was getting major wrinkles from the sun exposure and had lost a lot of the "plumping" of the skin. She never listened to me, but a friend at work introduced her to a good skincare line, and today, her skin is completely different and restored.

So, based on those two separate experiences, I would say, Yes, proper and consistent use of creams, serums, etc. absolutely do make a difference in your skin.

Since I began using an Argireline product, I've seen wrinkles lessen and some disappear. So the derm can say what he chooses, but for me, my experience disproves his theory.

JUDY

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |