Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acids and Peptides?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to devise an affordable skin care regime for myself to combat wrinkles. At the moment I'm considering an acid with a peptide. Is it necessary to use both, or would a peptide suffice?

In terms of peptides, I was thinking of trying
Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum. My skin is very delicate, and this is Skin Biologys more gentile peptide, but on the page is says it is suitable for normal and cmobination skin? Or what would you guys think of a peptide like active formulas? http://www.activeformulas.com/products/copper-peptides-ghk

In terms of Acid, I was thinking of trying 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum by Active Solutions. I'm a bit confused though - I know some people use retinoids with peptides, and some use acids. What's the difference?

Thanks for all your help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Violetlight wrote:
I'm trying to devise an affordable skin care regime for myself to combat wrinkles. At the moment I'm considering an acid with a peptide. Is it necessary to use both, or would a peptide suffice?

In terms of peptides, I was thinking of trying
Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum. My skin is very delicate, and this is Skin Biologys more gentile peptide, but on the page is says it is suitable for normal and cmobination skin? Or what would you guys think of a peptide like active formulas? http://www.activeformulas.com/products/copper-peptides-ghk

In terms of Acid, I was thinking of trying 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum by Active Solutions. I'm a bit confused though - I know some people use retinoids with peptides, and some use acids. What's the difference?

Thanks for all your help!

If you do use the Copper Peptides; do not use with vitamin C. I do believe it does say it on the skin biology site not to mix the two. They would cancel or neutralize each other.

When I think of acids; I think of BHA and AHA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Violetlight- what do you want the acid to do for you?

I also think of AHA (alpha hydroxy acid)and BHA(beta hydroxy acid) when I think of an acid. These are not recommended to use w/ the GHK copper peptide. You can use them at opposite ends of the day, though.

HA on the other hand, is different. HA is not a true 'acid' - it's really a moisturizer.

Again, why are you trying an 'acid' or why the HA? Do you want something for exfoliating the top layer of your skin or for moisturizing?

As far as needing both a peptide and an acid, you could try just one to start and see how things go. CPs do usually work really well with an acid, but everyone's skin is different, so you may need to experiment to see what works best for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies ladies! Sorry I'm late writing back - I couldn't see the message...

Foxy, to be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the info here! I'm not really sure what products do what.

I want something that will help my wrinkles (peptides?) and then wanted something to keep my dehydrated skin moisturised (HA? Would it work for very sensitive skin?)

I'm not sure about using an acid-acid... does it have different benefits to peptides?

At the moment I'm using olay regenerist around my eyes (has Matrixyl in it... meant to rival peptides?), La Roche Posay Nutritic intense rich (to reconstitute delicate skin) on my whole face, and using Frownies at night. The Frownies seem to work, but I'm not sure if the creams are right for me...

Hope someone can help! I'm a bit over my head...

Thanks Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Acids such as AHA or BHA are usually applied in the form of skin peels. They are meant to rejuvenate the skin, lessen the appearance of fine lines, and treat or lessen acne. They also help with dull complexion caused by sun damage. HA works likes a sponge and adjust the moisture levels in your skin by pulling moisture molecules from the environment. If your in a dry climate; you should apply a serum with HA to moistened skin. Acids do have down time. Since your skin is dry and delicate I would say be careful with acids. They can be very drying. If you choose to use one read about them carefully and start with low percentage; or better yet consult a professional. I think HA works fine for sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Violetlight-Welcome and good luck on your skincare journey. It's fun-though can become an expensive hobby for sure!
A person who helped me a lot as well as others on here is Nanci at ncnproskincare.... She has a small company with a line of well thought out skincare products. She tests them herself, very hands on, her products are chock full of actives with prices well below comparable high-end lines. She is a medical esthetician and loves what she does. Worth checking out. I've used SkinBiology CP's also and especially love the GHK cream- use it in the AM.
~Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to add you can contact Nanci by email and tell her what you are looking for and she'll make suggestions based on your needs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Violetlight-Welcome and good luck on your skincare journey. It's fun-though can become an expensive hobby for sure!
A person who helped me a lot as well as others on here is Nanci at ncnproskincare.... She has a small company with a line of well thought out skincare products. She tests them herself, very hands on, her products are chock full of actives with prices well below comparable high-end lines. She is a medical esthetician and loves what she does. Worth checking out. I've used SkinBiology CP's also and especially love the GHK cream- use it in the AM.
~Sis

Thanks so much for the welcome, and the info Sis! Smile I'll check out Nancy's line of products and see how they look.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Cat_eyes wrote:
Acids such as AHA or BHA are usually applied in the form of skin peels. They are meant to rejuvenate the skin, lessen the appearance of fine lines, and treat or lessen acne. They also help with dull complexion caused by sun damage. HA works likes a sponge and adjust the moisture levels in your skin by pulling moisture molecules from the environment. If your in a dry climate; you should apply a serum with HA to moistened skin. Acids do have down time. Since your skin is dry and delicate I would say be careful with acids. They can be very drying. If you choose to use one read about them carefully and start with low percentage; or better yet consult a professional. I think HA works fine for sensitive skin.

thanks so much for the info Cateyes! That makes things a lot clearer Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |