Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to get my eyebrows high high high and arched permanently
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mercurious

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to lift my eyebrows permanently?

I really would love to lift my brows and I know all the exercises and do them and usually get excellent immediate results- but it never lasts Sad

I wonder if anyone could give me any advice - has anyone ever lifted the eyebrows through facial exercise or by any other means?

Also realistically is it possible to get that high arched eyebrow look that people get through surgery or botox?

Any help would be thoroughly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

P.S. please excuse my terrible grammar and spelling Confused
wolfmama
5% products discount

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Welcome!

I have had success with both exercise and micro-current. I use micro-current on my whole face not just the brows but it has done wonders for my brows and eyes.
Mercurious

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you soooo much for your reply wolfmama

I am going to be super annoying now Rolling Eyes and ask you questions if you don't mind!!

Which exercises would you say helped you specifically? Also which microcurrent do you use and how long do you use it every day?

ALSO...(sorry Embarassed ) how long did it take for you to see results? And when you say results how high exactly did your eyebrows get?

So sorry for the 3rd degree I just really want to get results... Sad
wolfmama
5% products discount

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mercurious wrote:
Thank you soooo much for your reply wolfmama

I am going to be super annoying now Rolling Eyes and ask you questions if you don't mind!!

Which exercises would you say helped you specifically? Also which microcurrent do you use and how long do you use it every day?

ALSO...(sorry Embarassed ) how long did it take for you to see results? And when you say results how high exactly did your eyebrows get?

So sorry for the 3rd degree I just really want to get results... Sad

You aren't annoying Smile We all are here to help each other. The exercise program I used was FlexEffect. I was not super thorough with exercise which is one of the reasons I switched to micro-current. I think they both work however for me I was not diligent with exercise like I was with micro-current so I just switched to strictly micro-current.

The devices I use are NuFace Trinity and FaceMaster. With the FaceMaster I saw lift almost immediately around my eyes. The longer you use it the longer your results will last. Age can also play a roll. The older you are the longer it may take to see results. Think any exercise on older skin vs younger skin.

If you follow the recommended time, each device program is around 20 minutes. Micro-current is so easy to do. Once you learn the moves you can even do your routine while watching T.V. I find it super easy to stick with.

There are lots of reviews on this forum as well as Amazon if you would like to check out which device would be best for you.

Good luck!
farfar2006

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,

Not sure if this would help or not but I saw this on Dr. Oz, its called DermaWand and it uses Radio Frequency treatments to help lift the face. I thought maybe it would be worth checking out!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 am      Reply with quote
farfar2006 wrote:
Hey,

Not sure if this would help or not but I saw this on Dr. Oz, its called DermaWand and it uses Radio Frequency treatments to help lift the face. I thought maybe it would be worth checking out!

farfar2006:

I would check out this thread, that is lots of great ideas:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18205

Dermawand is a at-home high frequency machine and not a radio frequency machine like STOP or POSE.

PQ

5% products discount

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Dermawand and Nuface have provided some eye lift for me, but I seem to get the best results with the Yamuna face massage. In my opinion the video is long and boring, if you decide to try it ask them for the pdf. It has pictures and you can pick and choose which exercises to do.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
For me the Tom Hagerty exercise is the best: http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm - learning to raise eyebrows and scalp, so you get scalp muscle firmness and avoid horizontal forehead lines. I do it a few times a day, including raising brows and scalp while I'm driving (no hands used). I make sure I raise both eyebrows and scalp simultaneously, not allowing any horizontal forehead lines to appear (use mirror at first for this). My brows have lifted a few mm clearly in photos and are just where I want them. Also helps lift any forming upper eyelid droop.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Needl,

How long are you doing his exercises? Did you notice any positive effect on hair?

Thank you.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Needl,

How long are you doing his exercises? Did you notice any positive effect on hair?

Thank you.

doba, I am not Needl but I do the same scalp exercise she linked to. Tom's entire program is the only other program I currently do besides CFF, not really on a regular schedule though. I have done the scalp exercise since 2005 and I do it whenever I think of it. I don't know if it has had any effect on my hair as my hair didn't have anything obviously wrong with it. It hasn't hurt my hair anyway. My forehead though is pretty toned and my eyebrows are where they should be--IMO not too high to give a frightened look, nor too low to give an angry look.

But I cannot fully attribute the tone in my forehead to just Tom's workout. I have done face exercises for over 20 years so I'm sure they all have played a part in giving me the results I have.

Now since my eyebrows are usually filled in with pencil in most photos and it is easy to create a high arch which can make them appear higher than they are, here's an image of one filled-in eyebrow and one w/o makeup:

This is what it's like when I raise eyebrows:

Because of the tone in my forehead, when I raise eyebrows, the furrows formed are very shallow.

You have nothing to lose doing Tom's scalp exercise, so why not go for it?

I think trying to get eyebrows higher than their natural position can create new problems like a crease on the forehead or the neanderthal forehead. I say seek to keep them from drooping but don't get too crazy and aim for a look of constant surprise.

Not cute. Confused

You can always refer towww.eyebrowz.com for tips on creating a natural-looking arch.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie, you look great Smile. I've been doing Tom's exercise for about 4 years, and my eyebrows are also just where I want them, not 'surprised'. I've noticed no effect on hair.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD and Needl,

Thank you very much.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie I think that photo of the high eyebrows on that lady...she probably shaved her brows off and penciled the super high ones on.I have seen it on a few young hispanic ladies;I geuss its kind of a style thing with some of them;I find it really horrific and obvious when you look at them all you are thinking is;why did she shave her eyebrows off and pencil eyebrows an inch above her real brows..ugh
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Nonie I think that photo of the high eyebrows on that lady...she probably shaved her brows off and penciled the super high ones on.I have seen it on a few young hispanic ladies;I geuss its kind of a style thing with some of them;I find it really horrific and obvious when you look at them all you are thinking is;why did she shave her eyebrows off and pencil eyebrows an inch above her real brows..ugh

Oh lucyluc I know she shaved them off and drew them on. I do think it's silly, which is why I posted it to show high high high eyebrows are not cute and I have no idea why anyone would want them.

The raised eyebrows from exercise I was talking about do not look that extreme but just as raising brows in surprise creates a crease, you get a lined forehead if you change the position of eyebrows to one higher than their natural position. The Neanderthal look is where your brow is overbuilt so that it seems to form a visor over your eyes.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
OMG the chola hardcore gangbanger look! thats one street style I hope doesnt go mainstream!

Nonie your brows are great - so natural!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
OMG the chola hardcore gangbanger look! thats one street style I hope doesnt go mainstream!

[scary image removed Laughing ]

Nonie your brows are great - so natural!

Girl, I don't care if it goes mainstream, I'm not a trend follower so I won't mind being the only one not having that look.

Aww fawnie...you mean my drawn-in eyebrows? If so, thank you! Smile I don't always get it right and sometimes I will see a photo and grimace...but once in a while I do OK. Smile

Because I have such sparse eyebrows and hardly any hairs on the outer edges, I have never wanted to trust anyone to shape them for me, but I recently took a risk and got a threader to work her magic on them, and was pleasantly surprised at how much better they look! This was after the threading with a little powder and gel used to fill them in:

They are currntly in need of a bit of tidying up so I'm using a pencil so the stray hairs aren't so obvious:

SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mercurious

With facial exercises to some degree you need to do them regularly for them to start to train the muscle to be in its correct position. Often times, our faces move and are responsive to whats taking place around us, and that’s the way our faces should be. The idea of a frozen face that’s unanimated isn’t that attractive to me personally, but to some it is. Now what I’ve found is that as time progresses and I’m consistent with the exercises, my muscles do seem to stay in that exercised position longer. For example, I do a FlexEffect brow exercise that lifts my brows and in the beginning the results were short lived, but as time progressed, I’ve found they are much longer.

Now is it possible to get high arched brow look – well depends on your face. You see to some extent your face has a foundation, that facial exercises work with. Surgery or botox to me, creates that artificial look because it creates a disharmonious look in the brows that can seem out of context or look different in comparison to the rest of the face.

One thing for sure, is that if your diet is good and you are doing facial exercises and massage, you will be increasing the circulation to the brow area, which in turn is going to help nourish the brow hairs there. Same with the eyelashes. It wasn’t till I started massaging my eyelids that I noticed my eyelashes became fuller and thicker!

Hope that helps!

Sean

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:33 am      Reply with quote
fawnie your chola girl is Ronald Mcdonald on steroids. Yes, I have had my brows threaded and I was amazed at how adept those ladies are.My brows are sparse in some parts, I have folligen to use at night but keep forgetting to use it.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:28 am      Reply with quote
you could do botox for a browlift. My husband got botox for headaches and he looked like dr spock for 3 months. Of course you could end up with eyebrows like Paris Faulkner on Fox News.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Harris Faulkner I meant
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Harris Faulkner I meant

I had to look up who Harris Faulkner was. Laughing I never knew Harris was both a guy's and girl's name.

I got Folligen too, lucyluc and tried so many other things including a concoction I used to regrow bald patches but all I seemed to notice were the strand getting darker (thicker?); no new hairs grew in the bare areas. I would've kept trying but after taking a good look at my baby photos and finding out that I never had hair there even back then, I am convinced no follicles exist so I have stopped flogging a dead horse.

Anyway, I have been filling them in since 2003 and it's hardly a bother to do so to me. Besides threading does make them look so much nicer that I have dared go out w/o any makeup. Embarassed
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
some of my eyebrows hairs get long and grow in weird directions,dont know if its from all the vitamins I take or folligen
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:04 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
some of my eyebrows hairs get long and grow in weird directions,dont know if its from all the vitamins I take or folligen

lucyluc my hair is made of tight coils so my eyebrows grow in as if trying to match my hair Laughing so I do know about weird direction. But I find clear mascara works really well to "style" them and set them before I fill them in. There's that one stubborn one that will try to resist my persuasion though. Very Happy

It's funny you say your eyebrows hair grows long. I used to muse at the idea of eyelash growth serums being used on eyebrows instead of a product that fills hair in. Some people swear lash lengtheners work just as well on sparse eyebrows but I never understood the logic. Only positive thing I saw coming out of that was the eyebrow hair growing so long that someone like me could do a comb over. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |