Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Creme de la Mer Foundation and Powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
KarryGee58

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Have just invested in both The Foundation and The Powder at a heinous cost of £130 .
However, I must say that the expense has been worth it - the powder is so light and sheer that for me, a confirmed "powder hater" it fixes my makeup perfectly and there is no creasing into the facial lines either labial or around my eyes and forehead .
The Foundation is equally amazing - just the right amount of coverage with a single sweep for day or with a secondary application for evening which gives utterly flawless coverage - together with The Powder, my face is , for the first time in many years, totally flawless. The only thing I might have changed, had I known, is that I would have bought the colourless "The Powder" rather than the translucent one .
A very expensive experiment - but The Powder will last me a good three years - a large pot - and The Foundation will definitely be replaced with the same when I run out again.
The quality of the products is reflected in the price which, as I said, is very, very expensive but unfortunately, the results are too addictive to go back to using anything else . Smile
lareina781

Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I don't like lamer cream,it's very oil
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using La Mer Creme de la Mer - the traditional Ultra Rich cream (original one). The difference in my skin was shocking to me.

Is the foundation very sheer? I need at least medium coverage right now. Hopefully as my skin continues to improve, I will be able to drop down to light coverage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
I just started using La Mer Creme de la Mer - the traditional Ultra Rich cream (original one). The difference in my skin was shocking to me.

Is the foundation very sheer? I need at least medium coverage right now. Hopefully as my skin continues to improve, I will be able to drop down to light coverage.

Time2Bme, could you please be more specific? Smile

Powders usually can't provide medium coverage...
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi RS!

My post was actually a question for Karry. I was wondering what kind of coverage the La Mer foundation and powder offered. I have never tried La Mer makeup. I only recently started using the cream.

As far as details for my results with the cream .... My skin can be quite pink or red through my t-zone, my cheeks being the most challenging. My skin is dehydrated and dry which makes the redness worse. When I applied the cream, my skin glows. It is less red and healthy looking. I've never experienced anything like this before. It calms it and it goes from looking like I have dry sensitive skin to looking like I just worked out.

RussianSunshine wrote:
Time2Bme wrote:

Time2Bme, could you please be more specific? Smile

Powders usually can't provide medium coverage...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have a love hate relationship with LaMer. It really made my skin look good and I got a lot of compliments. However, if you looked closely my skin it was congested. I have heard so many conflicting reports of what is in LaMer. Now that I have learned more about products here on the forum I don't think I would ever use it again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:04 am      Reply with quote
La mer cream foundation is better than the fluid version, however it was discontinued. The fluid one is just so so.

The powder is great, one of my favorite loose powder.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:39 am      Reply with quote
For me,Lamer is suit for mature skin. And it's more expensive than most of brands.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I held back on getting the powder since i splurged on the hydrating serum and original cream. However, I will probably return to get the powder as it was soooo light, airy and felt so beautiful on my skin when the sales rep brushed it on me. I would stay away from the translucent as it has sparkles, not too much, but i definitely prefer a matte finishing powder. The size is huge and worth the money. I have yet to try the foundation, but probably one day soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like the powder very much, make you face look so nice.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I like lamer foundation too~ And I also like La mer cream~

5% products discount

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I love all of la mer,Especially the cream.
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
The powder is good and work well with the brush. Love it.
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:42 am      Reply with quote
When my skin getting worst and very sensitive, I use cream de la mer. It soothes irritated skin and reduce appearance of redness.
mariejj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I love the power too, it is the best power ever.
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't like lamer powder.
cannot use in summer which melts quickly.
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:54 am      Reply with quote
the powder is very good and u can actually use it FOREVER
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Would love this powder as that is all I wear, I hate foundation, I feel like I am wearing a mask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:05 am      Reply with quote
which colour did you pick? does it fit your skin colour?
one of my friends who tried it was complaining none of the colours fits.

KarryGee58 wrote:
Have just invested in both The Foundation and The Powder at a heinous cost of £130 .
However, I must say that the expense has been worth it - the powder is so light and sheer that for me, a confirmed "powder hater" it fixes my makeup perfectly and there is no creasing into the facial lines either labial or around my eyes and forehead .
The Foundation is equally amazing - just the right amount of coverage with a single sweep for day or with a secondary application for evening which gives utterly flawless coverage - together with The Powder, my face is , for the first time in many years, totally flawless. The only thing I might have changed, had I known, is that I would have bought the colourless "The Powder" rather than the translucent one .
A very expensive experiment - but The Powder will last me a good three years - a large pot - and The Foundation will definitely be replaced with the same when I run out again.
The quality of the products is reflected in the price which, as I said, is very, very expensive but unfortunately, the results are too addictive to go back to using anything else . Smile
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
That's great to now it lasts a long time esp considering the price. Thanks for posting.

valmontfan1984 wrote:
the powder is very good and u can actually use it FOREVER
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |