Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My hair is fried...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 am      Reply with quote
My hair is absolutely dead, its frizzy and drrrryyy and long. I've been dyeing my hair for years with bleach kits that I'd pick up at the supermarket, I really wish I hadn't though!And then I would take a shower everyday,blow dry my hair,brush it when it was wet, and then straighten it with no protection Sad I've laid off all that for about a year and a half now, The last time I had my hair trimmed was almost 2 years ago...yes I'm that lazy..and or busy. So try and picture this isn't like a normal dry or bad dry..this is like a horrific dry.

Anyone know how I could make a quick recovery?I'm really sick of my hair!lol I'm thinking about cutting off a lot of hair even though it doesn't look good on my face do yo think it would help a lot?

I don't really have a lot of money either so I can't go out and buy a bunch of stuff.Buuut any suggestions would still be good.

Just any tips at all please!!!haha

Side notes- I have fine hair, long,its brown with 5inches of bleached tips, my natural hair is ash colored,and I've been coloring it with store bought kits for 5 years and been bleaching for 3 years, I used to color and bleach around evry three months!

Thanks Very Happy
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:52 am      Reply with quote
If it is that damaged you may need to cut it off. You really can't repair damage, only mask it.

I dye my hair regularly as well (went completely grey in my 20's). One thing that I do that seems to prevent damage is to apply a good oil treatment to my hair before bed 1-2 nights per week. I use plain old avocado.
Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your reply!!!

I was using Agran oil a while back...I think it only made it worse though, how advocoado oil? I mean is it thick, or is it easy to was out?jw
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I like avocado oil because it penetrates hair and skin pretty easy. It is really my "go-to" oil, just my preference. Yes, it is very thick. Get unrefined (green colored). With my hair, I apply a few hours before bed and have no problems with it getting on my pillows.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote
You could try gelatin. Very good for fried hair and split ends.
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
thanks erg!

lotusesther could you tell me more about it?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
cut off as much as you can whilst still being ok with how you look.

Find out if you hair needs protein.. experiment with egg masks. After washing hair, condition with lots of honey, leave the honey in for a while. Mix honey into your conditioner. Try washing your hair with cheap conditioner instead of shampoo.

Treat your hair to lots of coconut oil overnight masks.

See if you hair likes a cider vinegar dilute as a final rinse.

A protein filler or anti porosity treatment by Redken or one of your favourite hair companies neednt be too expensive.

as a styling product/de frizzer mix aloe gel with jojoba oil.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
On the internet there are several recipes. My own hair was fried because of bleaching and dyeing. If you can get powdered gelatin the recipe is very, very simple. Add a pack to some conditioner and soak your hair in that for about an hour and rinse. Over here we can only get gelatin in leaves/sheets. I dissolve 4 sheets in about a tablespoon of boiling water, add a tablespoon of vinegar (and henna and cinnamon for colour) and add that to half a bottle of conditioner. Gives volume and straightens fried hair and works very well on split ends too.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Does the gelatin penetrate the hair shaft? Or just coat? Is it a regenerative treatment or a cosmetic one?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Does the gelatin penetrate the hair shaft? Or just coat? Is it a regenerative treatment or a cosmetic one?

I'm going to give this a go and hope for great results. Here is the blog/recipe that I am going to use.

http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/2012/05/gelatin-protein-treatment.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be against omega 3s, I felt it made my hair fall, anyways, that was fish omega, I just recently started taking, like 2 months now, chia seed oil orally and my hair is improved lots.. a lot of shine n life in it.. i dont believe that hair shaft is dead, it's somehow alive as the chia seed oil improved my hair in it's entire length..

also, the new zealand sheepwool keratin shampoo at swansonvitamins is really good n cheap too...
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I used to be against omega 3s, I felt it made my hair fall, anyways, that was fish omega, I just recently started taking, like 2 months now, chia seed oil orally and my hair is improved lots.. a lot of shine n life in it.. i dont believe that hair shaft is dead, it's somehow alive as the chia seed oil improved my hair in it's entire length..

also, the new zealand sheepwool keratin shampoo at swansonvitamins is really good n cheap too...

How much chia seed oil are you taking daily and what brand? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
daler wrote:

How much chia seed oil are you taking daily and what brand? TIA

1000 mg/ one capsule and swansonvitamins brand.... i tried taking 2 and it made my hair kinda greasy....
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
catski wrote:

I'm going to give this a go and hope for great results. Here is the blog/recipe that I am going to use.

http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/2012/05/gelatin-protein-treatment.html

Thanks Frodo thats very useful.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Not affiliated with this site in any way, I'm just a firm believer in the things they have to say. www.killerstrands.com

I went grey at 17 and my hair is dyed within an inch of its life and looks healthy and young. I sent my sister who appears to be addicted to peroxide to the site and I recently saw her, looks a billion times better, shiny and healthy.

Happy reading!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add that my hair nearly clears my ribcage with no breakage or fried ends.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Forgot to add that my hair nearly clears my ribcage with no breakage or fried ends.

Great site...alot of useful info. and great products. Which specific products do you use? I am thinking about ordering a few things.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great site Rec Ava - like it Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would also like to know whether the products from Killer Strands are good ones...if anyone has tried, please let us know!
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
I would also like to know whether the products from Killer Strands are good ones...if anyone has tried, please let us know!

I purchased Thriven and just received it...I will report back once I try it. I am a product junkie and have tried everything! There are some great products on her website that you can't go wrong with. It seems as if KC (the founder) does her research and only offers the best products from various companies.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Here is the result using Thriven...Last night I washed my hair and applied the conditioner to my hair. It has a slightly tacky consistency but it feels silky and smooth once applied. I put on the plastic shower cap that was provided and my terry turban (you can also use a fleece hat) and went to bed. This morning I rinsed my hair (about three minuted not the recommended five)and my hair feels amazing. I just recently had my entire head heavily highlighted and it desperately needed something...well this worked great! My hair feels soft and healthy and I didn't even put in a leave-in conditioner. Usually my ends feel dry but now they don't. Excellent product...now I want to try the GLEAM which is a mixture of various oils.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 am      Reply with quote
allyssa wrote:
Here is the result using Thriven...Last night I washed my hair and applied the conditioner to my hair. It has a slightly tacky consistency but it feels silky and smooth once applied. I put on the plastic shower cap that was provided and my terry turban (you can also use a fleece hat) and went to bed. This morning I rinsed my hair (about three minuted not the recommended five)and my hair feels amazing. I just recently had my entire head heavily highlighted and it desperately needed something...well this worked great! My hair feels soft and healthy and I didn't even put in a leave-in conditioner. Usually my ends feel dry but now they don't. Excellent product...now I want to try the GLEAM which is a mixture of various oils.

I just wanted to add...this is a very moisturizing treatment. Since my hair is highlighted it also needs protein. I use the Thriven after I have completed a protein treatment. This combination worked great for my hair.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Sorry all, I haven't been on here for a while. As far as products that I use-
I'm a conditioner washer, three times a week with DevaCurl No Poo. Don't think its necessary to spring for the fancy brand if budget is an issue, I just like the smell.
Once a week or as needed if I've been working in the yard a lot is a deep wash with Malibu UnDoo Goo, the only sulfate free clarifying shampoo.
I skip conditioner 90% of the time, but when it needs a boost on clarifying days I use either LQWID or Uma. I oil my hair daily whether I shampoo or not, and use the KIllerstrands THriven the day before I dye my hair. Its pricey but it stretches this way and lasts 6 months. Oil is a must, find the blend that works for you and use it every day. And absolutely no heat styling except for special occasions. I don't even use a blowdryer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 am      Reply with quote
How do you get into the Killerstands group? Maybe it's me - I'm not able to find it. I did notice on MUA there are a lot of posts that are negative about the owner and customer service.

What protein Tx do you do alyssa?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
The group used to be totally free, now i think you have to buy something. Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the new yahoo group, I liked the old google group much better. But you can request access through the main page attached to the Killerstrands site. About the owner? I understand why she gets negative reviews. She's brutally honest and sweet talking her customers isn't her strongest suit. Her products and delivery are definitely not the issue and for me thats the bottom line. I have been bawled out by her for not understanding something or not putting out more reviews or contributing. But truthfully I do not care, I am a grown woman with a thick skin that doesn't need her butt kissed to make a purchase.. the service and educated provided is far more valuable. As far as a business transaction, I've never had her lead me astray. She even took the time to contact me on my last order when I ordered a goofy volume of developer by accident. That's service to me. Loyal customer for four years now.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |