Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My hair is fried...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
god...sorry guys I kinda forgot all about this thread o_o

my hair was doing pretty good until last week..I dyed it with store dye...*criees* annd its fried agian rawr..

I think I'm going to try and soak my hair in gelatin powder..can I mix the gelatin with coconut oil you think?jw

plus I dyed my hair and it already faded..of course red hair is super hard to maintain color -_- ..so uh if ya'll got any recommendations on a good red hair tint and/or dye I'd really appreciate that.

the thriven stuff sounds good...does anyone have a link(sorry if theres one already posted,I just sorta skimmed down the thread)
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the link to the site:
http://killerstrands.blogspot.ca/

She is currently offering consultations for one cent with purchase of products.

Link for Thriven (exclusive)
http://killerstrands.myshopify.com/collections/hair-conditioners/products/thriven

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I do read Killer Strands. I have not purchased from the site but I do like her recommendations.

Sulfate free shampoo. She has been recommending this for years. She had recommended Rusk and I had purchased it from my local beauty supply.

She also has AG products for sale. I have the Reconstruct one that I purchased from Cosmo Prof. (Also available from Ultra.) Smells wonderful like Lemon Sugar.

There is other products that I had purchased based on her recommendations over the years. Unfortunately some of these are discontinued. I have not ever been disappointed with any of her product recommendations.

I do want to try the Malibu products (also available from KS).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
The reviews on Makeup Alley are not that great.

It is under Unlisted product. Thriven
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=107695/KillerStrands---Thriven/Unlisted-Brand/Treatments

Gleam Hair Oil
Look at the ingredients. You might want to consider DIY
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=123530/KillerStrands---Gleam/Unlisted-Brand/Treatments

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Gleam smells quite unappealing = and no better than any number of other hair oil products.

I bought from them bought still don't know how to access their group... Maybe a google search will do it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have hair down to my backside (tailbone) which is naturally blonde -fine strands but a lot of hair. I rarely condition, maybe once a month I do a protein conditioning treatment by phyto, otherwise I just wash the roots every few days with sulphate free shampoo. By not washing the rest of the hair (it gets enough just by being rinsed), my hair stays strong smooth and healthy. I rarely need a haircut. Although I must say, it is now getting prohibitively long as you have to come up with creative hairstyles to keep it interesting, and you can end up getting it caught in all sorts of annoying places - car doors etc.

I rarely need to comb, and often just finger combing will get out the tangles. Otherwise I use a handcut resin comb that won't strip the hair shaft.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am into a new deep conditioner lately- Una. Very very nice!! It MAY replace Thriven for me as a once in a while deep condition, we will see how it performs long term.
I DIY the oils for hair- I have tried Gleam, and its about the same as DIY, nothing special. I don't care for the scent but my boyfriend likes it. Even just reading the blog from beginning to end really got me enough knowledge to mix my own hair dye. I haven't had a hair disaster since.

I definitely need to comb my hair. I need a detangler, I have so much hair (probably 2-3 times a normal person) and its curly. Needing to detangle is just the texture you are born with. I need to cut once every six months typically.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I am into a new deep conditioner lately- Una. Very very nice!! It MAY replace Thriven for me as a once in a while deep condition, we will see how it performs long term.
I DIY the oils for hair- I have tried Gleam, and its about the same as DIY, nothing special. I don't care for the scent but my boyfriend likes it. Even just reading the blog from beginning to end really got me enough knowledge to mix my own hair dye. I haven't had a hair disaster since.

I definitely need to comb my hair. I need a detangler, I have so much hair (probably 2-3 times a normal person) and its curly. Needing to detangle is just the texture you are born with. I need to cut once every six months typically.

Tell me more about Una conditioner. Where did you buy this? Is it a moisturizing conditioner or a protein conditioner?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
This was the Una Sesame Oil Hair treatment. It came as a sample in my last killer strands dye order- I order about quarterly. It looks like they are out of stock so I'll have to figure out somewhere else to get it.
It does contain proteins, but not a lot because too much makes my hair kind of crunchy on the ends and I have to clarify. It rinses out clean and smells great.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |