Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyezone Lifting Massager, Micro-Mini Current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I found this on eBay for $15 and bought it due the great ratings on amazon. I plan on trying it on the lowest settings, and may also ship it to a friend with a higher end machine to see how it compares since I am still not sold on these widely varying microcurrent prices for mon-professional machines. We'll see if you get what you pay for!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310688246875

5% products discount

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:28 am      Reply with quote
My device arrived last week. I've been using it to compliment my Nuface Trinity and to reach around the eye area.

It's definitely a lot cheaper in quality, however it's pretty powerful. I keep it at level 3 and if I go higher my muscles around my eyes twitch and spasm. I'm not sure if that is good for it as I read somewhere that too high of a current can damage collagen. So I aim to keep the current at a faint level in which I can barely perceive.

The directions say do not hold in one area and to pass over the region 8-10 times.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Fawnie, what level did you use?

Highest. I kept turning it up to see if I could feel a tingle, or a twitching. Never did, so I just left it at the highest power. Eyebrows FLEW up minutes later and have remained since!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...I just found an awesome picture guide with the recommended steps for treating the eyes with this device. I was NOT doing these steps, but will give them a try tomorrow.

This is from the New Spa site....same device, bt it has their logo printed on it. Also, if you order from Amazon for $38 (vs $14 on ebay) it supposedly comes with batteries and the conductive gel.

http://www.new-spa.us/microcurrentguides

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw this powder that you can mix with aloe or conductive gel to make your own skin care product for penetration with microcurrent. It is on the same site Bethany linked above. It has Vit. A,B,C,D, and E in it.

http://www.new-spa.us/item/cosmetics-time-re-verse-collec/new-spa-time-re-verse-rejuvena/lid=34919103

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Bacchus I go by the NuFace instructions for the rest of the face:

http://www.activeforever.com/t/nuface_instructions_for_use

Theoretically microcurrent could deplete ATP in the cells if overused at too high a power (as in EMS devices):

"True Microcurrent uses less that 500 microamperes(Ua) and because of its low intensity cannot cause visible muscle contractions. Bearing this study in mind, it is understandable why individuals who use EMS-type devises, such as some hand -held devices seen on TV that use as much as 5000 Ua do receive some instant tone, however, when used cumulatively, create flaccid and lifeless muscles that are
completely void of ATP."
http://www.bcrtherapie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/microcurrent-update.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:25 am      Reply with quote
From the NuFace manual:

"Dual Probes- emits alternating current through the positive and negative probe at 0 to 400 microamps"
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/toolsforwellnesscom/83204manual.pdf

I never understood the rationale for NOT using NuFace around the eyes either, other than the NuFace is just such a big cumbersome device and doesnt get into the area very well. Its well under the 400 microamps limit tho.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Bacchus I go by the NuFace instructions for the rest of the face:

http://www.activeforever.com/t/nuface_instructions_for_use

Theoretically microcurrent could deplete ATP in the cells if overused at too high a power (as in EMS devices):

"True Microcurrent uses less that 500 microamperes(Ua) and because of its low intensity cannot cause visible muscle contractions. Bearing this study in mind, it is understandable why individuals who use EMS-type devises, such as some hand -held devices seen on TV that use as much as 5000 Ua do receive some instant tone, however, when used cumulatively, create flaccid and lifeless muscles that are
completely void of ATP."
http://www.bcrtherapie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/microcurrent-update.pdf

Thanks Fawnie!

I got a bit caught up by this statement
Quote:
Microcurrent mimics the electrical signals from the brain to the message
center of the muscle, which is the tendon, the Microcurrent stimulates the tendon thus aiding
in strengthening the muscles by bringing more definition to the face and body

in the second article you linked.
The tendon? Lol. Made me a bit skeptical, so went looking for more specific information. This article seems to flesh out that (incorrect) statement above a bit better: http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=36227
though they say 200-800 uA stimulates ATP production and anything above 1000 uA depletes ATP ... I think I'll stick to the lower numbers you've quoted, just to be safe.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"]
Did you see the bottom part about avoiding the circular muscles around the eyes and mouth? That contradicts the eye recommendations for the Bio Wave/Eye Zone.

Hopefully Cookie or someone else can with more microcurrent knowledge can weigh in on what we should do.

[quote]

The reason they may tell you to avoid the circle type muscle around the eye is because of the set design of the tips or balls. On the training video I bought from Chrstine on the eyes, she uses one of the rods to stabilize/hold the eye muscle and the other rod to do the movement. This is one of the inherant design limations with the fixed balls. Because of the price of this gadget though it is still a steal if it only works on certain areas.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Here's an article where they used uA under 640 and had significant results:
http://www.lifesciencesite.com/lsj/life0903/166_10025clife0903_1184_1189.pdf

their conclusion:
Quote:
In this study, the effect of micro currents on
removing and reduction of facial wrinkles after 30
treatment sessions was significant .The
improvement rate was greatest in the forehead area
and was the least in nasolabial area .This was
perhaps due to possibility of more effective use of
the apparatus in the forehead area than the other
areas .On the other hand, the tissue texture of
forehead has more improvement capability. On the
forehead after one month improvement continues
significantly. In the right eye and left eye of the
profile and eyes of the face both of them t
treatment’s affect is significant, But, the second
stage is less effective. Overall, the treatment effect
was significant in both stages.
Also, comparing scores after treatment and
one month later shows that not only effect of
treatment was sustained but also recovery in the
face of the subjects started and has continued.
An important finding in this study was
improvement of scars, acnes (especially infectious
acnes) and skin rashes in the face of subjects.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
fawnie wrote:
One thing is bothering me about using it around the eyes tho: stimulation of the optic nerve. Is that really a good thing? The flashing lights I see when using it close to the eye are evidence of that. I think maybe Ill just use it on the crow feet area and other places.

I noticed a little zapping near the inner corner of my eyes, but no flashing lights. I am going to have do a little more reading about microcurrent and eyes.

Some people see flashing lights. Some have a haze like film they see. I think Christine Byer talks about some clients being more prone to it then others. I have never had it happen to me but others on EDS have.

The eye muscles are fairly delicate. It is best to use the lowest setting on them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the education, ladies.

So let's move back to the purpose of this thread which is the EyeZone or the BioWave, since there are already several dedicated threads for the Pico and Carol Maggio. I hope that's ok with everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Pardon Bethany! I meant no harm to the thread. I was responding to Keliu regarding use of microcurrent in the lip area. I considered that topic to be applicable to the subject of use with your machine.

Keliu was of the belief that all microcurrent literature said lips were a NoNo and I was providing a viewpoint from Pico (NeurotriS)that was a contrast (Looks like Yubs said the same thing about the Beautiful Image machine).. and ...Lo and Behold you may just give it a try now! Hopefully it will work for you. Working with the lips works great for me with my device. It was one of the first things I noticed. Wishing you success.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:07 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I didn't know it should only be used every 3 days. Beth - can you post this study for me? I tend to use it more frequently but I do know to be aware if my intensity is too high

Thank you.

I was reading guidance articles on usage, but they weren't necessarily studies. But I'll see if I bookmarked any of them and post for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Most salons that offer microcurrent recommend waiting at least 48 hours between treatments. At the beginning of a series of 10 or so treatments they have you come in twice a week the first couple of weeks then once a week till your done with your initial round.

After your initial round you are suppose to be able to only go once a month or so to keep up the results.

I have no idea how these little machines compare to salon machines. So I am not recommending the same schedule. Just giving this information more as a FYI.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 am      Reply with quote
skincarecat wrote:
Hi
Ok got this in mail, used it last night, liked the adorable packaging and it was clean, neat, easy to use. I am confused though as some said they could not use it about a level 2 or 3 or whatever ...I felt absolutely nothing at all using this. Not even at higher setting. I felt ZERO. Granted I am used to the TUA Trend and feeling it....but this reminded me of ultrasound...and I didnt like that part. I love the portability etc. Just thought I would feel something, even small. It said you can test it by doing something odd like putting it under your lip and you will smell a metallic taste, etc. SO how on earth do I know if it is working if I can't feel anything? Just curious.

I realize lots of people say you are not supposed to feel micro current but I am used to feeling the Tua big time. How would I know if this little unit works???? Sigh....I love that there is a place to go to ask all these questions, you all are my saving grace.
Thanks
Skincarecat

I would 1) check your batteries, and 2) try it on 5 which is the highest setting. try placing it right next to the inside of your lower eye next to your nose...I always feel something there.

If you feel nothing on 5, I would be concerned if it is working properly.

Also, do you see a green blinking light on the front?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 am      Reply with quote
skincarecat wrote:
Thanks Bethany
Appreciate the tips. I figured since it came with new batteries, packed neatly, and the blinking light works...it went right on and stayed on whole time, it was good to go. I did try highest setting but not where you mentioned, so good tip. I am not trying to force it to do something it is not meant to do, but I do recall people using it who said they could not go above a 2 or 3, it was too intense. I will try other batteries and the tips you mentioned!!! Thanks

I would also make sure you use a good conducting gel or aloe vera.

Keep us posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a chart showing treatment moves. It came with one of my larger machines. But people might find it useful. Sorry about the size!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Yay it has arrived! My very first beauty gadget!
Of course I had to find some batteries to try it out straight away - but it IS a bit scary. I tested it on 3 to see if it was working and well, it didn't zap me but there was a tingle along the nerve path, so I guess this means it's alive.
I'm so excited!

Yay! I will occasionally go to level 3 just to make sure I feel a tingle and know that the batteries are working. But you should really stay at a level where you do not feel anything. Make sure you look at the other movements we shared earlier in the thread.

BTW, hydration really does matter. When I had a lot of swelling under my eyes from the derma pen treatment, I could feel zapping at level 2. Shock

Also, this little tool did a GREAT job at helping me increase circulation after the derma pen treatment and get rid the bruising pretty quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Here is Kassy's gel recipe as requested. (Thanks Kassy!)

Quote:

I have a DIY conductive gel (or two) @ EDS.. This one is nice; http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6468231#6468231

If they just want something very simple that can be used for ANY gadget that needs a "conductive", you can't get simpler than this:

Conductive Gel

3oz Any 99% pure aloe vera gel in the store (clear colored)
1oz water
1 tsp vegetable glycerin
1 tsp salt (1/2 tsp was sufficient also in my experience.)
1/8th tsp trace mineral drops (optional) "Cell Food" makes a nice one that I like.

I keep it in a squeeze bottle in the fridge... Feel free to post it at EDS. Hope that helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Rapunzell wrote:
In my 50's and my chin area is my real main area of concern. I just can't imagine having to use filler there for the next 30 years!

Has anyone read any info on the long term implications of fillers like Juvaderm?

Would be great to find a less invasive method!

Filler actually does promote collagen growth, so it's not all bad. You can also go for a perm version like Artefill.

I would suggest bumping a fillers thread if you want to discuss it more there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
I miss Keliu and Kassy, they know so much.

I'm still around - but I know nuffin!! Now I have to get to grips with Aloe Vera being the next worst thing to Arsenic!!! There's just no winning, is there?

Laughing Laughing Laughing I don't know much, but I know one thing.. We are NOT mice, and as far as I know we won't be bathing in a vat full of aloe.

Have a read here for a hundred or so benefits of aloe; http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874199000859

Anyhoo, hasn't hurt my old hyde in 63 years, how about yours...lol

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. I think expecting muscle tone to lift etc is too much. I just can't find any real evidence for that. You hear it said that it can and its oft repeated, but far too little to substantiate it for my tastes, especially considering how long the technology has been around. I do think it can shift lymph though, and I like that, and after rubbing it about, I do some holds too, but actually think gently massaging my face with it is more effective. If it really does 'mimic our own bio electrical system' or what have you, and that is somehow helpful, and it feels nice to do, then why not? Especially as it is inexpensive, easy to use, and seems to be effective (short term) around the eyes. I also like to use Ultrasound, and think it does similar things, but also find it difficult to get too much good info on it. But once again I managed to get my device quite inexpensively, and find it enjoyable to use too.

As microcurrent has been around forever, and plastic surgery, fillers, Botox and the beauty industry in general has found the need to keep coming up with new improved ways to keep us looking young, I think its safe to say that microcurrent doesn't really offer face lift type effects. And if it does, where are the amazing photos? There are millions of actual facelift photos all over the Internet where you can actually see the results, but very little convincing evidence for microcurrent to do it. I know its not the most popular view point,because of course we all want to believe a gadget can lift and tone our face (including me). I just don't believe microcurrent can really do it. I remain open to any new convincing information.

Nonetheless, this is a nice little gadget, and a great find. You can use it one handed which makes it possible to browse etc too Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that instead of buying a more expensive microcurrent (that I am not certain will outperform the $14 BioWave), I purchased a Merbe/Sqoom ($265).

After my first ultrasound/galvanic treatment, I am seeing results that do outperform the BioWave but we will see what happens over time. I am going to bump the Sqoom thread and will post my thoughts on that product there.

The good news is that it looks like there are some awesome options under $300 for facial rejuvenation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cheerisonic wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

I still just wasn't sure on how long on each area/how slow to go or the direction. Think I have it figured out but am open to any tried and true pointers.

From all I have read (and from the informational diagrams Bethany posted) I use long sweeps and make the swipe last 2 seconds. I start at the nasial fold line and go outward from there.

On the included package insert that came with my unit it shows to run the machine horizontally on the forehead and my skin likes that better than doing upward strokes. The upward strokes caused a funny line on my forehead.

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing also.

I am doing the same, but I push up under my cheek bone (where the NL line would be) and hold for a bit. I do that from front to back, and it definitely helps lift.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |