Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eyezone Lifting Massager, Micro-Mini Current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wishee
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I bought this little device kind of as a trial before investing hard earned money on the pico, and I'm still deciding on that. It kind of bums me out that my positive results may be temporary. But thanks ladies for providing valuable real information. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
wishee wrote:
I bought this little device kind of as a trial before investing hard earned money on the pico, and I'm still deciding on that. It kind of bums me out that my positive results may be temporary. But thanks ladies for providing valuable real information. Smile

Wishes, unfortunately pretty much everything is temporary as we age, sigh. You just have to keep on fighting the fight.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
Yes I am at this moment - it is past eleven here - too lazy to look it up but through google I found some articles on microcurrent and healing and an increase of collagen and elastine in injured tendons. Anything wound healing and scar diminishing has the potential of course to be beneficial for old, wrinkled and slack skin. But I am looking into ultrasound as well - bad thing is, as it is I don't know how reliable the old threads on EDS are in that respect....I miss Keliu and Kassy, they know so much.

I remember posting quite a few articles on ultrasound back in the day. At that time the big things was 1 mhz vs 3 mhz. Now it appears that 1 MHz may actually be the better choice, especially if you combine it with fragmented HA for better penetration. (that is the concept behind the Sqoom).

How do you mean fragmented HA? its first time i read abut this kind of HA.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
ko6kin,

I just purchased the Merbe (Sqoom knock off), so I will either bump a thread later tonight or start a new one...we can discuss the HA types there.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Here on EDS long time ago was a thread about Dermaltone and ppl were very happy with it. It look a bit like this little gadget- in terms of it has fixed prongs but instead of 2 prongs Dermaltone got 3 prongs-(prongs?)i cannot post links yet but you can easily find it here.
Microcurrent was initially designed to help with muscle loss,and was used on astronauts in the space-to prevent muscle-loss and on earth after they landed for rehabilitation. So it does build up the muscles and it does help to get sagging muscles back to normal.
microcurrentpluscom/led_therapy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that instead of buying a more expensive microcurrent (that I am not certain will outperform the $14 BioWave), I purchased a Merbe/Sqoom ($265).

After my first ultrasound/galvanic treatment, I am seeing results that do outperform the BioWave but we will see what happens over time. I am going to bump the Sqoom thread and will post my thoughts on that product there.

The good news is that it looks like there are some awesome options under $300 for facial rejuvenation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Looking forward to trying my little 14.00 gadget but I love the other options.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:36 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that instead of buying a more expensive microcurrent (that I am not certain will outperform the $14 BioWave), I purchased a Merbe/Sqoom ($265).

After my first ultrasound/galvanic treatment, I am seeing results that do outperform the BioWave but we will see what happens over time. I am going to bump the Sqoom thread and will post my thoughts on that product there.

The good news is that it looks like there are some awesome options under $300 for facial rejuvenation.

Cool, I've been looking at the Sqoom with interest, especially the part about it replacing filler. I'm looking forward to your report!

Back on topic, did anyone else's eyelashes grow like crazy with micro current? Mine are a lot longer!
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 am      Reply with quote
wishee wrote:
bethany wrote:

Cool, I've been looking at the Sqoom with interest, especially the part about it replacing filler. I'm looking forward to your report!

Back on topic, did anyone else's eyelashes grow like crazy with micro current? Mine are a lot longer!

Really?? that's a wonderful side effect! Very Happy
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I look forward to your updates re. the merbe, Bethany!
My el cheapo ultrasound should arrive in a couple of weeks - just in time for my birthday.
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Bethany could you give a link to Merbe/Sqoom please?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I considered buying this device to compare with my Pico and I might still - it intrigues me. but after getting Pico probes I'm in heaven. I know this device can't come close, although I appreciate trying/buying it for experimental purposes. And for travelling short distances.

I have a cheapie microcurrent (wishing/thinking it would be the Squoom LOL... and I would bank money it can't compare to the Squoom. It would be unrealistic to assume that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:16 am      Reply with quote
ko6kin. wrote:
bethany wrote:

Here you go:

bethany wrote:

So I bought the Merbe. Shock It came with a Korean plug (no converter) and a BIG container of gel for $264.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Merbe-Ultrasonic-I-on-Anti-Aging-Skin-Care-Face-Manager-EMS-3-6days-Free-/190849168061?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2c6f7f32bd

And then of course AFTER I bought it, I found this one for less than half the cost! ($109!!!!!) Please note that these are supposedly refurbished, so I would look into this more carefully if interested, though they do have 100% positive feedback and a 14 day return policy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Facial-machine-30-Days-Younger-Looking-Skin-Fyola-Old-Model-Original-289-/121160029968?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1c35b35710

5% products discount

Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany
and here is the links to one of for the Dermaltone topics, (there are few)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=84986&highlight=dermaltone#84986
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:47 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ko6kin. wrote:
bethany wrote:

Here you go:

bethany wrote:

So I bought the Merbe. Shock It came with a Korean plug (no converter) and a BIG container of gel for $264.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Merbe-Ultrasonic-I-on-Anti-Aging-Skin-Care-Face-Manager-EMS-3-6days-Free-/190849168061?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2c6f7f32bd

And then of course AFTER I bought it, I found this one for less than half the cost! ($109!!!!!) Please note that these are supposedly refurbished, so I would look into this more carefully if interested, though they do have 100% positive feedback and a 14 day return policy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Facial-machine-30-Days-Younger-Looking-Skin-Fyola-Old-Model-Original-289-/121160029968?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1c35b35710

Oh, i see, it's an ultrasound device, how do you use it? I mean, do you need to use it every day with your serums for penetration, 2 times per day- when applying the products (morning/night)? Is there any where a face-map which shows how to use it?
Also, i would really appreciate if you could point me to the topic which discussing the galvanic part of an eye-zone device, please.
Thank you!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:39 am      Reply with quote
ko6kin. wrote:

Quote:

Oh, i see, it's an ultrasound device, how do you use it? I mean, do you need to use it every day with your serums for penetration, 2 times per day- when applying the products (morning/night)? Is there any where a face-map which shows how to use it?
Also, i would really appreciate if you could point me to the topic which discussing the galvanic part of an eye-zone device, please.
Thank you!

Here is the Sqoom thread...I posted a ton of info on page 2 including the manuals.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46985&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=25

Regarding the BioWave/Eyezone galvanic aspect...we couldn't find any real info on that, other than the higher numbered levels are better for product penetration, and the lower levels for lifting. Unfortunately anything over 2 causes some zapping and is unpleasant to use. Embarassed

5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oksy I bought the little 14 dollar unit from ebay. Mine took 2 weeks from Hong Kong.

I washed my face, then applied some aquasonic gel. Turned on the unit using the lowest setting and it really bit me. I washed the gel off and just used lotion which helped a bit, but it really has quite a bite to it. I don't know if I can use it . I will wait to hear from you gals before I email the seller about this.

I have the serious skin care microcurrent and it causes problems if I get too close to my fillings, but this little thing just bites me whenever. I am keeping the probes smoothly on the skin without lifting and I am gliding it over the skin not too fast or too slow.

Any advice for me or experiences?

Thank you so much!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
You got zapped on level 1? or did you use level 5?

5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Level 1 and it startled me. It was better with just plain lotion, but still. I tried not to break contact with the skin. When I had the ultrasonic gel that zap about had me swearing. Surprised
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Cheerisonic wrote:
bethany wrote:

Level 1 and it startled me. It was better with just plain lotion, but still. I tried not to break contact with the skin. When I had the ultrasonic gel that zap about had me swearing. Surprised

Wow...Was it everywhere on your face, or just in a specific area? Near my nose/eyes is where I am most zap prone.

FYI that I generally feel nothing at all on levels 1 and 2. However, I used it a few days after I dermarolled when I had some swelling left, and did get zapped at level 2.

I almost hate to suggest this, but maybe try it on level 5 on your hand to see if they mixed up the high and low settings?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
..in the meanwhile I bought this little cheapie from amazon because it had good reviews. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002U774PK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but the first timeI used it ,it shocked the hell out of me Shock so I have to get up a little more nerve to use it.....

Yeah, I have one of those too and it hurts. Sticking to my NuFace. Neutral

5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Cheerisonic wrote:
bethany wrote:

Wow...Was it everywhere on your face, or just in a specific area? Near my nose/eyes is where I am most zap prone.

FYI that I generally feel nothing at all on levels 1 and 2. However, I used it a few days after I dermarolled when I had some swelling left, and did get zapped at level 2.

I almost hate to suggest this, but maybe try it on level 5 on your hand to see if they mixed up the high and low settings?

It zapped me almost every place I put it, WOW.

I looked at everything closer and my dial where it is marked the direction to move the dial to high is opposite what what you do. So the arrow points to move the dial to low... is actually moving the number UP. So what I think should be low, was the level high. (I hope.)

So since I zapped myself today, I will wait and try it again tomorrow to see if it makes a difference and report back. I don't want to zap my face into a perma-grin. Laughing

Thanks for helping me and reporting where to expect a zap and that you don't feel anything when at level 1 & 2.

Thanks again for your help! I will post a report tomorrow.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cheerisonic wrote:

I looked at everything closer and my dial where it is marked the direction to move the dial to high is opposite what what you do. So the arrow points to move the dial to low... is actually moving the number UP. So what I think should be low, was the level high. (I hope.)

You should see a little number in the tiny window...make sure it is at 1.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Still waiting on mine from ebay but I will certainly make sure that thing is on level one! I can tolerate IPLS and the Excel Laser but I would not expect this little gadget to have a bite!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Cheerisonic wrote:

You should see a little number in the tiny window...make sure it is at 1.

Figuring out the level was a problem for me at first until I saw the tiny little window! The number it is set on will be in the window, so make to to look for that.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |