Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eyezone Lifting Massager, Micro-Mini Current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cheerisonic
5% products discount

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany wrote:
Cheerisonic wrote:

I looked at everything closer and my dial where it is marked the direction to move the dial to high is opposite what what you do. So the arrow points to move the dial to low... is actually moving the number UP. So what I think should be low, was the level high. (I hope.)

You should see a little number in the tiny window...make sure it is at 1.

Figuring out the level was a problem for me at first until I saw the tiny little window! The number it is set on will be in the window, so make to to look for that.

You are right foxe, thanks to Bethany (thanks Bethany!!) this was the problem, finding the little window. That window in my unit can't be seen until the unit is on and tilted just right. So needless to say I started out on the HIGHEST level. Even one of my friends I showed it to made the same mistake of turning the unit on high because of the direction of the dial. I am glad it just wasn't me.

I did see a nice glow to my skin even after I zapped myself. Today I tried it at the right level and didn't feel a thing. At least zapping myself showed me the intensity this little gadget has to offer. I don't see that this will ever be something to outgrow. This is the best $14 I have spent.

Thank you everyone for the input, I appreciate it SO much. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yay...I am so glad you didn't get a lemon!

5% products discount

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Yay...I am so glad you didn't get a lemon!

That is what I was so worried about at first. I am thrilled and excited to start on this part of my skin care journey.

I appreciate all the help, and the information from this forum is priceless.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
It took me a while to find the REALLY TINY window also, showing the MC level. It seems to me the dial works backwards from what's logical, but that's just me and doesn't matter anyway.

So how long do you all use this gadget for each treatment? I've used it at level 2 a few times, didn't feel much with the aloe but I need to make up some DIY microcurrent gel with salt in it, I guess. Since I don't feel much, I haven't used it much. Yet.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Yes that tiny window is a bit confusing at first, but keep it at level 2 unless you want to zap something!
Not feeling anything is key, you're using microcurrent which should be sub-sensory.

I have used it 3 times now - the kids seem to be around all the time, not giving me any privacy - and I know that I will use this thing on a regular basis. For one, it stimulates exfoliation which is very good because I don't like agressive acidic stuff on my face and this thing doesn't cause any irritation. But better still, some flab I had which I attributed to lax muscle actually must be fluid and this thing really knows how to move that. Surprisingly, the results do not show immediately but are better the next day. So for 14 dollars incl. shipping you have a lymph massager and an exfoliator, not to mention the longer term possibilities (studies that show enhanced collagen and elastin, who knows how this will work out over say, six months).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Very Happy Yes that tiny window is a bit confusing at first, but keep it at level 2 unless you want to zap something!
Not feeling anything is key, you're using microcurrent which should be sub-sensory.

I have used it 3 times now - the kids seem to be around all the time, not giving me any privacy - and I know that I will use this thing on a regular basis. For one, it stimulates exfoliation which is very good because I don't like agressive acidic stuff on my face and this thing doesn't cause any irritation. But better still, some flab I had which I attributed to lax muscle actually must be fluid and this thing really knows how to move that. Surprisingly, the results do not show immediately but are better the next day. So for 14 dollars incl. shipping you have a lymph massager and an exfoliator, not to mention the longer term possibilities (studies that show enhanced collagen and elastin, who knows how this will work out over say, six months).

Lotusether, I am glad you like it. I hate to recommend things for fear that others will be unhappy, but for $14 I think we have definitely received our money's worth and then some!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I am really excited now!
Hope it comes with instructions.
I have some HA gel, would that be good to use with it or do you use serums?
What is everyone else using?
Also, sounds like you can use this on other parts of your body rather than just face and neck?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Last night I used dollop of aloe but added some very finely milled gray salt to it in my palm first ... which liquefied the aloe right away, and I definitely felt the microcurrent more at level 2.

Annie, some people are using aloe, some microcurrent conductive gel, and here's a DIY gel you can make. My experience so far is aloe is fine, but add some salt to it.

[***Please note, this is NOT my recipe, but I cannot recall who posted it, or I would give due credit***]

Conductive gel:
3 oz sea kelp bioferment
1 oz water
1 tsp glycerin
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp trace minerals (optional)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:12 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I am really excited now!
Hope it comes with instructions.
I have some HA gel, would that be good to use with it or do you use serums?
What is everyone else using?
Also, sounds like you can use this on other parts of your body rather than just face and neck?

Annie, I think it is too small to be used anywhere other than the face and neck, though I have used it on my chest as well.

It does come with instructions, but I previously shared another set that goes into a little more detail.

bethany wrote:
FYI...I just found an awesome picture guide with the recommended steps for treating the eyes with this device. I was NOT doing these steps, but will give them a try tomorrow.

This is from the New Spa site....same device, bt it has their logo printed on it. Also, if you order from Amazon for $38 (vs $14 on ebay) it supposedly comes with batteries and the conductive gel.

http://www.new-spa.us/microcurrentguides

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany those graphics were very helpful!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Great, thanks so much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
So does just regular table salt work?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
So does just regular table salt work?

I would suggest skipping the salt...nothing I have used has salt in it, and it conducts just fine without it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Perfect, mine just came in so I will use it with my HA gel. May try to zap the hubby first, haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Perfect, mine just came in so I will use it with my HA gel. May try to zap the hubby first, haha.

Just be sure to check the little window for a 1 or a 2 at most or you will be sorry, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I used it at 3 but tried it at 4/5. It had a little zap like touching a 9 volt but only in some areas. I also used it on the hubby first, haha. It shocked him every now and then. He's a good sport. It didn't hurt but then again as many IPL's and that darn EXCEL Laser as I have had, nothing "shocks" me much anymore!
What are the real differences between the numbers or higher settings?
I tried it with some HA gel mixed with the sea algae and felt nothing. Then I tried it with my Exuviance Bionic Serum which gave it more slip. That worked better. Seemed the "wetter" the skin was, the more I felt it and better the slide.
Does that also seem to affect the results?
The instructions were pretty basic. I tried to find a You Tube video on line bc I still just wasn't sure on how long on each area/how slow to go or the direction. Think I have it figured out but am open to any tried and true pointers.
Crazy little gadget for 14.00 bucks!

5% products discount

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

I still just wasn't sure on how long on each area/how slow to go or the direction. Think I have it figured out but am open to any tried and true pointers.

From all I have read (and from the informational diagrams Bethany posted) I use long sweeps and make the swipe last 2 seconds. I start at the nasial fold line and go outward from there.

On the included package insert that came with my unit it shows to run the machine horizontally on the forehead and my skin likes that better than doing upward strokes. The upward strokes caused a funny line on my forehead.

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cheerisonic wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

I still just wasn't sure on how long on each area/how slow to go or the direction. Think I have it figured out but am open to any tried and true pointers.

From all I have read (and from the informational diagrams Bethany posted) I use long sweeps and make the swipe last 2 seconds. I start at the nasial fold line and go outward from there.

On the included package insert that came with my unit it shows to run the machine horizontally on the forehead and my skin likes that better than doing upward strokes. The upward strokes caused a funny line on my forehead.

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing also.

I am doing the same, but I push up under my cheek bone (where the NL line would be) and hold for a bit. I do that from front to back, and it definitely helps lift.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, that did help. I just wasn't sure also on how long to hold it per area. The 2 second per swipe makes sense.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have any updates?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Anyone have any updates?

I am still using mine periodically for lymph drainage under my eyes....I think it does a better job there than the Merbe.

I need to add back in the lifting of my cheeks...I haven't been doing that since I started the Merbe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I used the BioWave tonight after finishing up my Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola massage and lifting session, and was still able to see some additional lifting on my marionette lines from the cheapie $14 microcurrent unit.

Between the 2 devices, I am benefitting from ultrasound, galvanic, and microcurrent...and I am a happy camper thus far.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I still find it amazing that I notice the firming/lifting effect best the day after treatment. It's subtle but it's there.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I still find it amazing that I notice the firming/lifting effect best the day after treatment. It's subtle but it's there.

It's crazy that it is so cheap, yet really works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:25 am      Reply with quote
It does seem to help the drainage around the eye area. I am tickled that the little cheapie is working out so well!
If I had paid a lot I would have really high expectations, which is where a lot of the disappointment comes from on this forum. We need cheapie versions of all the gadgets here and I think it would guarantee less bickering, haha.
Thanks so much for passing this on Bethany!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |