Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eyezone Lifting Massager, Micro-Mini Current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cocoa_Crema
5% products discount

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:28 am      Reply with quote
My device arrived last week. I've been using it to compliment my Nuface Trinity and to reach around the eye area.

It's definitely a lot cheaper in quality, however it's pretty powerful. I keep it at level 3 and if I go higher my muscles around my eyes twitch and spasm. I'm not sure if that is good for it as I read somewhere that too high of a current can damage collagen. So I aim to keep the current at a faint level in which I can barely perceive.

The directions say do not hold in one area and to pass over the region 8-10 times.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Cocoa_Crema wrote:
My device arrived last week. I've been using it to compliment my Nuface Trinity and to reach around the eye area.

It's definitely a lot cheaper in quality, however it's pretty powerful. I keep it at level 3 and if I go higher my muscles around my eyes twitch and spasm. I'm not sure if that is good for it as I read somewhere that too high of a current can damage collagen. So I aim to keep the current at a faint level in which I can barely perceive.

The directions say do not hold in one area and to pass over the region 8-10 times.

Thanks Cocoa Crema - Please let us know if you think it does anything. I'm considering it for product penetration around the orbital/eye area. I guess I just like gadgets. Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kudos to bethany! this is the one I bought from eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bio-Wave-Microcurrent-Massager-Galvanic-Skin-Tighten-Eye-Wrinkle-Remover-cwr-/310688246875?

$14USD arrived in a week.

Sez to use it with "nutritious cream". Hmmm... So I slathered on some of my C3 Cream (DIY collagen, colostrum and vitamin C) and turned it on. Felt nothing but its only got 2 AAA batteries so what was I expecting? Like a mini NuFace you apply it and glide it over the skin. Did this for about 6 passes each place from the eyebrows gliding up to the forehead all across both brows. Still felt nothing. Then ...

Looked in the mirror 5 min later as I felt my eyebrows *POP* up! I mean they are LIFTED! Dont know how long it will last. The instructions say to *NOT* use it several times in a day, but to use it 3-4 times in a week.

So far: IMPRESSED!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Kudos to bethany! this is the one I bought from eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bio-Wave-Microcurrent-Massager-Galvanic-Skin-Tighten-Eye-Wrinkle-Remover-cwr-/310688246875?

$14USD arrived in a week.

Sez to use it with "nutritious cream". Hmmm... So I slathered on some of my C3 Cream (DIY collagen, colostrum and vitamin C) and turned it on. Felt nothing but its only got 2 AAA batteries so what was I expecting? Like a mini NuFace you apply it and glide it over the skin. Did this for about 6 passes each place from the eyebrows gliding up to the forehead all across both brows. Still felt nothing. Then ...

Looked in the mirror 5 min later as I felt my eyebrows *POP* up! I mean they are LIFTED! Dont know how long it will last. The instructions say to *NOT* use it several times in a day, but to use it 3-4 times in a week.

So far: IMPRESSED!

Mine still isn't here....jealous!!!!!

ETA: Looks like mine should be here next week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, what level did you use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Fawnie, what level did you use?

Highest. I kept turning it up to see if I could feel a tingle, or a twitching. Never did, so I just left it at the highest power. Eyebrows FLEW up minutes later and have remained since!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mine should be here Monday or so, and I'll let you know what I see!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I just bought one for $14.14 which included .99 shipping charge. It won't arrive until between Aug. 1 and Aug. 19. Here's the one I bought:
Bio Wave Microcurrent Massager Galvanic Skin Tighten Eye Wrinkle Remover cwr ( item: 171057229545
Vendor: 1buylong ( 4549

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 am      Reply with quote
That looks exactly like the one I got Mars. I think many are selling the same thing. Anyway, I like mine, seems to work for lifting the eyebrows which is why I bought it. Whether it would work anywhere else for lifting, I dunno. I spose its a cheap and easy way to find out if microcurrent actually *could* work, as opposed to paying $600 for something bigger. Please correct me if Im wrong in thinking that Pico Toner and this are similar microcurrent technology. (I realize the waveform configuration is missing on this little one, but surely microcurrent is still effective, no?)

Im only using mine a few times a week, maybe every other day, to avoid any possible "sag" reaction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mine has arrived!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
So I tried mine out, and have the following observations:

- It was less cheaply made than I was expecting (no rattling parts or anything)
- VERY easy to use, and would be super to travel with
- I could feel a few little tingles at Level 3...I tried 4 (zap) and 5 (mega zap) and immediately went back to Level 3.
- I very quickly saw my forehead wrinkles smooth out, which was pretty surprising to me Shock
- I did see some lifting of my eyebrows...it was VERY obvious that I had done more on one side than the other, and actually looked pretty lopsided. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I did the lower eyebrow some more until it corrected itself. (so count those strokes!)
- I did it on my jowls, but did not really see any immediate improvement (but I really wasn't expecting to).
- When I was done my face was slightly pink, presumably from the current and increased circulation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Bethany, What did you use as a conductor?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, Bethany, What did you use as a conductor?

Mars, I used ultrasound gel.

http://www.amazon.com/Parker-Laboratories-Aquasonic-Ultrasound-Bottle/dp/B000ERJDX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373925833

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
This is exciting. Good travel size too!. I never got that type of response from my nuface.

I do not expect this to compete with the Pico toner - thought it sounds like you get some good lift.
The Pico technology is based on medical type devices that are used in hospitals and by the military. It's quite advanced science with differing signatures and they have the ability to build that little Pico into a dynamo.

I will probably buy one of these to compare; it's certainly cheap enough. Plus if I travel I won't mind banging it around as much and it's probably killer for product penetration.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
So glad you got yours bethany.

I put new batteries in mine and tried again. Oops! Def got a shock on the high level!Laughing This time I used a conducting gel "Naval" that came with a Japanese ionic/sonic device that has since died.

Turned it down to level 2 and I felt a tingle and on level 4 I felt muscles in the neck contracting. I didnt get any lifting in the neck area like I did the eyebrows but I suspect those thicker muscles may take more treatment or just not respond at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
So glad you got yours bethany.

I put new batteries in mine and tried again. Oops! Def got a shock on the high level!Laughing This time I used a conducting gel "Naval" that came with a Japanese ionic/sonic device that has since died.

Turned it down to level 2 and I felt a tingle and on level 4 I felt muscles in the neck contracting. I didnt get any lifting in the neck area like I did the eyebrows but I suspect those thicker muscles may take more treatment or just not respond at all.

I was wondering if you had used older batteries!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Makes a difference doesnt it!

An hour and a half later my neck def feels "tight" or "toned" as tho Id done exercises there (which I do every day anyway). This might be a nice little "helper" to exercises in that it may be able to reach different sets of muscles. Or, as Sis sez, to help with product penetration. A fun little toy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Makes a difference doesnt it!

An hour and a half later my neck def feels "tight" or "toned" as tho Id done exercises there (which I do every day anyway). This might be a nice little "helper" to exercises in that it may be able to reach different sets of muscles. Or, as Sis sez, to help with product penetration. A fun little toy!

I have pretty low expectations of what it can do, but I do think that mixing things up is good. I was just discussing with another member today that my Safetox isn't as effective as it used to be, so maybe rotating devices is the way to go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
There ya go bethany! Keep the wrinkles guessing!

I got a SafeTox (the souped up one with 4th level) but found that it was just a hassle putting it on and getting it in the right spot. So I went back to my simple exercises instead. Im a simple girl ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
There ya go bethany! Keep the wrinkles guessing!

I got a SafeTox (the souped up one with 4th level) but found that it was just a hassle putting it on and getting it in the right spot. So I went back to my simple exercises instead. Im a simple girl ...

I still love my Safetox...maybe pull yours back out in a couple of months and give it another shot?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Ok...I am loving this little thing! I got up this morning, washed my face, spent a couple of minutes ironing out my forehead lines and 11's with the BW (with ultrasound gel)and then put on my products.

I need to start doing the rest of my face, but even if I only use it for the forehead it was worth the $14. I am actually going to take this on a trip with me later this week and use it before my interview!

Now I just have to monitor how long the results last.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I did want to share this quote I found on the Tua Trend webpage...it probably explains the fast results I am seeing on my forehead:
Quote:

“Devices that use a microcurrent that runs only along the skin surface and diffuses very slightly into underlying muscle affect only the skin’s surface and microcirculation (delivery of warm blood to tiny blood vessels). This increase in microcirculation causes an increase in warm blood and thus a rise in temperature. In fact, the treated area generally turns red. As for an aesthetic outcome, this microcurrent causes a sudden but temporary edema so that the treated area looks firmer. As soon as the microcirculation gets back to normal, however, the treated area returns to its original condition.”

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:21 am      Reply with quote
boo! It doesnt really explain the lifting of the eyebrows tho does it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:43 am      Reply with quote
This is a quote from Kassy:

Quote:
"Sodium Chloride (salt), is WHAT conducts the current, through the skin, to reach the muscle fibers..

Can you *feel* the current without salt, sure, but that's because the "feel" receptors are close to the skins surface... The muscle fiber you want to target with MC, is way down deep... You'll never get to it, with plain old water."

Because salted water is used to get deeper muscle penetration, should the tua trend and the BW and all microcurrent be used with saline spray?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
boo! It doesnt really explain the lifting of the eyebrows tho does it.

Nope, it doesn't! I will say that has been 4 hours and my forehead is still smoothed out. It actually feels a tad bit numb.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |