Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Eyezone Lifting Massager, Micro-Mini Current
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cocoa_Crema
5% products discount

Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I do think I have also seen some improvement in my marionette lines (treated twice), but not nearly as dramatically as my forehead.

I'm also seeing an improvement in the upper eye area, however I'm interested on the movements you use to work the marionette lines. These are my main problem area. Could you describe to me how you use the Eye Zone mini microcurrent for this region? I'd appreciate it. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Cocoa_Crema wrote:
bethany wrote:

I do think I have also seen some improvement in my marionette lines (treated twice), but not nearly as dramatically as my forehead.

I'm also seeing an improvement in the upper eye area, however I'm interested on the movements you use to work the marionette lines. These are my main problem area. Could you describe to me how you use the Eye Zone mini microcurrent for this region? I'd appreciate it. Smile

I am using the Nuface moves from a link provided by Fawnie. I use the motion recommended by them (8 swipes), move down a bit and do 8 more, etc. until I end right under my jawbone.

http://www.activeforever.com/t/nuface_instructions_for_use

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
One thing is bothering me about using it around the eyes tho: stimulation of the optic nerve. Is that really a good thing? The flashing lights I see when using it close to the eye are evidence of that. I think maybe Ill just use it on the crow feet area and other places.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
One thing is bothering me about using it around the eyes tho: stimulation of the optic nerve. Is that really a good thing? The flashing lights I see when using it close to the eye are evidence of that. I think maybe Ill just use it on the crow feet area and other places.

I noticed a little zapping near the inner corner of my eyes, but no flashing lights. I am going to have do a little more reading about microcurrent and eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
fawnie wrote:

I noticed a little zapping near the inner corner of my eyes, but no flashing lights. I am going to have do a little more reading about microcurrent and eyes.

Some people see flashing lights. Some have a haze like film they see. I think Christine Byer talks about some clients being more prone to it then others. I have never had it happen to me but others on EDS have.

The eye muscles are fairly delicate. It is best to use the lowest setting on them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
This is probably a stupid question ..

Are people's eyes closed when they see these lights? Are there actually lights flashing on the gadget or is it a perception of lights due to the nerve stimulation?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
bacchus wrote:
This is probably a stupid question ..

Are people's eyes closed when they see these lights? Are there actually lights flashing on the gadget or is it a perception of lights due to the nerve stimulation?

It is a perception of lights. There are no flashing lights on the gadget.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just did my Monday full face treatment, but the positive results I am seeing from this are making me want a larger unit, and keep this one for travel.

I am thinking a NuFace...any opinions? I am just not convinced that I need to spend $600 for a Pico and gloves that have to be washed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just did my Monday full face treatment, but the positive results I am seeing from this are making me want a larger unit, and keep this one for travel.

I am thinking a NuFace...any opinions? I am just not convinced that I need to spend $600 for a Pico and gloves that have to be washed.

Bethany I would think about something that has separate probes. I think you would like it better and get better results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany I would think about something that has separate probes. I think you would like it better and get better results.

Ok...I trust you on that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 am      Reply with quote
My knock off just arrived!!! It wasn't due until early to mid August. I wanted something I could travel with. My main concern is my upper eyelids, especially the inner corners. I'm reading here that this may not be an area with which I'll have much success. However, I'll take any improvement I can get. So excited!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
My knock off just arrived!!! It wasn't due until early to mid August. I wanted something I could travel with. My main concern is my upper eyelids, especially the inner corners. I'm reading here that this may not be an area with which I'll have much success. However, I'll take any improvement I can get. So excited!

Keep us posted, and be sure to read the various instruction guides posted above on the best way to treat the eyes. I'm not convinced that the included documentation is necessarily the best, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I did another full face and neck treatment today on my every other day schedule, and am surprised to say that I am seeing the following:

- reduced eye bags (yay!)
- a lift in my eyebrows that is lasting all day
- a decrease in my marionette lines that lasted all day

My 11's did have some improvement, but it did go to the next level when I did several rounds of a Safetox treatment tonight.

FYI that I am doing my treatments on Level 2. At this point I am very impressed for the big $14 expenditure. Granted, I am still looking at other long term options, but do think this is a winner for the price!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I now see what the "microcurrent madness" is all about. I just did another full face face/neck treatment, and I am really surprised at the lasting improvement in my forehead lines and 11's, as well as my marionette lines (a big problem for me).

I am going to replace the batteries before they need it just to keep it operating at optimal levels. And at only $14 for the unit, batteries are nothing from a cost standpoint.

I am also going to start/continue using my Safetox with the 3pt treatment plan. I really feel that the combo of that and microcurrent should work well for me.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm pleased to say that I have noticed a slight but appreciable change in my upper eye area.

In the past I've noticed that when I use black eye liner to create the cat eye look there was always a little fold at the outer end of my crease that seemed to get in the way as I drew the line. It seemed to be more prominent on one eye than the other. So, I'm excited to share that I can make a straight line without hitting the fold!

It's really a subtle lifting yet I'm quite happy about it. Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:07 am      Reply with quote
thats great!I need to start using mine, I just hate feeling the zap.Glad you saw a difference. I was surprised that for 35 it seemed to get pretty decent reviews on amazon.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
thats great!I need to start using mine, I just hate feeling the zap.Glad you saw a difference. I was surprised that for 35 it seemed to get pretty decent reviews on amazon.

If you dial down the intensity, you will feel no zap at all. I am using mine at Level 2.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I bought a little MC device too called the Notime Microcurrent. Not sure why I chose something different... Just looked cute. The current is just perceptible on the 'lifting' setting. I too am getting noticeable results around the eye. Nice brow lift, and nice eyebag removal.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
I bought a little MC device too called the Notime Microcurrent. Not sure why I chose something different... Just looked cute. The current is just perceptible on the 'lifting' setting. I too am getting noticeable results around the eye. Nice brow lift, and nice eyebag removal.

This looks like it has a few more function that mine, but it is about the same size.

http://www.emsolutions.us/microcurrent-ion-vibration-facial-massager/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
With regard to using microcurrent around the mouth - I used to have a student training DVD which said to avoid the area inside of the nasiolabial folds. This has also been mentioned in the instructions of my other microcurrent devices. Which makes me wonder why everyone is using the Pico on their lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I am definitely avoiding the area around my mouth, and I have no idea why someone would use MC on their lips. Maybe for temporary swelling?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I did buy some instructional videos from Christine Byer and she does have one for the lips I got. She doesn't use the probes directly on the lips but there are a few moves to plump the lips, stretch out tension around that area and raise the corners of the mouth. Quite honestly this isn't an area I've had any luck with. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious: what's the rationale for avoiding the lips/"area inside the NL folds"?

Mouth can can be a little sensitive, depending upon the intensity level you choose, and sometimes yoou can feel the current in your teeth Laughing, but it's no big.

In the BI training video I got with the elastin fusion products it specifically gives you moves to do with the lips. For me, especially when turned up high it really does plump well. Quite awesomely, in fact, although I like the BI wands for that better than Pico gloves.

Please not I am *NOT* advocating people turn their units up! This is my personal experience.
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"]
Idealist wrote:

This looks like it has a few more function that mine, but it is about the same size.

It doesn't go up as high strength wise as yours, as on the lift setting you can just feel a gentle current. IMO the vibration is there because with the kinds of devices that people can't feel, they often think nothing is happening and give up, so the vibration makes people think something is going on, because they can feel it. The only positive about it for me is that the vibrations happen every second or so, so I can count lifting holds. Otherwise, its more or an annoyance trying to do it while watching a movie with the SO and its buzzing away... Nicely made though, definitely does what it says, and cheaper on eBay.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
I'm curious: what's the rationale for avoiding the lips/"area inside the NL folds"?

Because it is a circular muscle. It appears that it might be ok with separate probes, but maybe not a unit with fixed probes.

Quote:

The mouth and eye areas are circular muscles and need to be treated in accordance with the muscle direction. Microcurrent does travel so improvement will be seen around the mouth and eyes.

http://www.harvardderm.com/products/nuface/

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |