Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Make cheap rejuvenating led panel???would this work??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hey Gals,
I watched Christine Bayer's video about buying a cheap led plant growing panel and add a blinker so the leds start blinking (off and on)
the red wavelength: 660 nm
Blue wavelength: 455 nm
Orange wavelength: 610 nm have only red and blue

My question is do u think this will work? Christine says she doesn't see a difference between this and the professional one she has.

do you have to have the lights blink? or can u use the continuous light?
is orange light important?

there is also some that have only red and blue

here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gBEb7uZ0U

here is a link to a panel on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-225-LED-14-Watt-Hydroponic-Plant-Hydro-Grow-Light-Panel-14w-Tri-Band-/220967212509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372ac15dd

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
What a great video! I'd also love to know if anyone has had success with these panels. My photon device outputs for the red and blue are very close to the specs you just listed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Has- here is a thread that Christine started about this subject. Hope it helps.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47583

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hey has,

I was looking into building one, but then saw a review somewhere on Sirius LED light therapy system. I was looking at the Baby Quasar, but holy cow, is it expensive! Especially if you want all 3 lights.

The Sirius is relatively cheap and no assembly required. I picked one up on Amazon about a month ago and everyone has been telling me how great my skin looks lately. Not sure if it's solely from the LED, since I also started using Roc Retinal, but I think it is helping.

I just have to be careful not to use it too much, because it can dry my skin out from overuse.

Anyway, hope this helps!
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks agraves for the tip. I also want to buy LED therapy for both me and my mother, but there are sooo many products out there, it's really confusing. After seeing that video I almost purchased a grow lamp on eBay myself, but some of the responses seemed like it wouldn't be realistic to think they could do *anything* for the skin, so maybe it's worth it to cough up the extra $75...
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
You need to hold the device very close to the skin, and having a hand held device might be easier to use than a panel.

The quality and power of the LEDS have to be considered, from safety and effectiveness perspective.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 5:05 am      Reply with quote
PQ you seem you to be expert on all things gadgets and although I haven't talked to you directly, your advice has already been proven to be invaluable to me. This is a specific example of the LED panel that I, at least, am talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-225-LED-14-Watt-Hydroponic-Plant-Hydro-Grow-Light-Panel-14w-Red-/350789873737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51acb4b049

Could this really do anything? Also, do you have a recommendation for a red LED light device that's not too expensive (no more than 266 euro, with under 152 euros being ideal) than I can get either in or have shipped to the US? Thank you so much for your response.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 am      Reply with quote
ellaelise wrote:
PQ you seem you to be expert on all things gadgets and although I haven't talked to you directly, your advice has already been proven to be invaluable to me. This is a specific example of the LED panel that I, at least, am talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-225-LED-14-Watt-Hydroponic-Plant-Hydro-Grow-Light-Panel-14w-Red-/350789873737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51acb4b049

Could this really do anything? Also, do you have a recommendation for a red LED light device that's not too expensive (no more than 266 euro, with under 152 euros being ideal) than I can get either in or have shipped to the US? Thank you so much for your response.

I will check the spec for you and speak to the supplier.

The only ones I would recommend are:

Lighstim, they do a mini lightstim now (See Kassy's review on EDS), Ultra renew has a great LED output, see review on my blog, Omnilux New-U (very high output) and of course Baby Quasar, which I love using.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 7:03 am      Reply with quote
ellaelise wrote:

The ebayer supplier said:

Hi, sorry we are not familiar with skin rejuvenation systems, so we are not sure it this will work or not

Regards,

- mixwholesale

- I think says enough really.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I really wanted this to work. When I read the led bed thread I thought It would be great to buy few of these n make your own led bed or stick them to a wall or something. I will contact Christine on YouTube n ask her how the panel is working for her.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your response PQ, you really are the best. I will look into those for sure. May I ask you one more question? My mother is worried about "jowls" and I really want to get her an at-home system that will work. What devices would you recommend to help that area of the face the most? For this I would be willing to drop as much money as needed, to a reasonable point of course. I'd rather save up and wait a while and get something that actually works than pay for something ineffective. Or would she be better off going to a doctor and getting something professionally done? What is your opinion? Seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |