Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's causing my Nasolabial Folds?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
benzerbru
5% products discount

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi, new to the forum and hope any of you can help me.

Lately I've been noticing more of a prominence of my nasolabial fold and it being a result of the buccal fat shifting further towards my mouth which produces little lined shadows either side of the end of my nose.

I'm 30 so it's maybe just due to aging but could anything else have caused this and is there anyway I can reduce this fat without surgery?

Thanks in advance.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi benzerbru,

Welcome to the forum!

You may start with Tanaka massage to address the issue.

This is the link to youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI

And this is the link to forum discussions: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36457&highlight=tanaka

Cheers
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I had radio frequency treatment by a plastic surgeon. It took three months to see results. However, there seem to be different types of radio frequency treatments so you need to find one that would fix your problem.
havana8

Wed May 01, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
benzerbru wrote:
So recently I've noticed shadowed lines appearing either side of my nose wings and top of mouth and come to find out that they are nasolabial folds.

I'm 30 and I'm assuming it's due to aging but I've recently lost a stone and a half in weight and wonder could it be to do with weight loss and excess skin or sagging skin resulting from it?

Or is just that my skin has thinned/sagged with age which has created the fold?
benzerbru
5% products discount

Wed May 01, 2013 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestions. I've started tanaka and noticed no improvement after 4 days of it yet. Don't know how long I have to wait for it.

I've recently lost a stone and a half in weight. Could my folds be occuring due to loose skin after losing weight or is it skin thinning due to aging? Any ways to tell?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 01, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Yes, weight loss is a known cause.

Some resolve through fillers and/or combination of facial lift surgery.

Wishing you the best, BFG
benzerbru
5% products discount

Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Yes, weight loss is a known cause.

Some resolve through fillers and/or combination of facial lift surgery.

Wishing you the best, BFG

So you're saying I have to pay loads to get it rectified?

No alternative methods?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
face exercises would help you, there are many threads here on eds re em...
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

I agree with daler. They made a difference to me as I show below:

Jan 2007:

Aug 2007:

Jan 2009:
benzerbru
5% products discount

Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
daler wrote:

(photos)

Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback. I can certainly see the difference.

Just for the record, what face exercise do you do and how often?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 12:13 am      Reply with quote
benzerbru wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
daler wrote:

(photos)

Carolyn's Facial Fitness. Initially I did the program 5 times a week taking a 2 day break. Once I had gotten the results I wanted I switched to doing it fewer times a week.

But your best bet, should you decide to do the program, is to contact Carolyn, share photos with her and explain what you are hoping to achieve and she will direct you on how to use the program. I don't think copying another student's regimen is a good idea as your starting point might be different from mine.

(I had over 15 years of face exercise experience under my belt, followed by a 4 month spell of a bad experience that gave me the N/L lines and then a year of hoping things would return to normal before I started CFF. So the foundation I had laid down with the many years of exercising my face I'm sure played a role in how quickly my results came, thanks to muscle memory.)
jennybistro
5% products discount

Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there, they may be because of aging. My friend had nasolabial folds and it made her bothered. Even she didn't prefer to go with surgery, so she used Dermastrip Face Lifts. She just used it for a few minutes everyday. It yielded really good results and her nasolabial folds are not visible. I think you can even try them out.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
daler wrote:

Jan 2007:

Aug 2007:

Jan 2009:

How did you post those photos? I can't get any photos posted Sad
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

How did you post those photos? I can't get any photos posted Sad

You have to have the photos saved on an online album and then you need to copy the URL/address. Next you click on the Img button above the message window, paste the image URL then click on Img* again. Clicking on Img/Img* adds a code around the URL like this

[ img] http://precalcadventure.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/bugs-bunny.jpg[/img ]

so when you submit the post you get an image.

You don't even have to use the Img button. You could just post the URL and then type img within square brackets at the start of the URL and then type /img within another pair of square brackets. There should be no spaces within the string. I inserted spaces in my example so you would be able to see the string needed to post an image. Had I removed the spaces, an image would have appeared. You can test this by removing the spaces and then posting and you will see an image appear. You can test this in a private message (PM) to me so we stop hijacking the thread.
benzerbru
5% products discount

Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
benzerbru wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
daler wrote:

(photos)

Carolyn's Facial Fitness. Initially I did the program 5 times a week taking a 2 day break. Once I had gotten the results I wanted I switched to doing it fewer times a week.

But your best bet, should you decide to do the program, is to contact Carolyn, share photos with her and explain what you are hoping to achieve and she will direct you on how to use the program. I don't think copying another student's regimen is a good idea as your starting point might be different from mine.

(I had over 15 years of face exercise experience under my belt, followed by a 4 month spell of a bad experience that gave me the N/L lines and then a year of hoping things would return to normal before I started CFF. So the foundation I had laid down with the many years of exercising my face I'm sure played a role in how quickly my results came, thanks to muscle memory.)

Very interesting, I'm definitely going to look into this.

I've had other people recommend the Tanaka massage. Do you think it's better to opt for the Carol Maggio program instead of Tanaka?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 20, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
benzerbru wrote:

I've had other people recommend the Tanaka massage. Do you think it's better to opt for the Carol Maggio program instead of Tanaka?

Since you quoted me, I am guessing you were asking me.

Unfortunately I neither do Carole Maggio nor Tanaka so I cannot compare them or give an opinion on them. Carolyn's Facial Fitness that I do is by Carolyn Cleaves not Carole Maggio.

There are threads on Tanaka and Facercise in the DIY forum that might be able to offer you insight into how the programs compare. Maybe you don't have to select one or the other. But you'd get better direction from those versed in the programs. So I suggest you go to the threads of either program and pose your question there.

I only do CFF and on days I haven't got time to devote 15 minutes to the program, then I do Tom'swww.shapeyourface.com program. That's it. CFF includes massage within the program so I don't feel the need to look elsewhere for that benefit.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
benzerbru wrote:

Unfortunately I neither do Carole Maggio nor Tanaka so I cannot compare them or give an opinion on them. Carolyn's Facial Fitness that I do is by Carolyn Cleaves not Carole Maggio.

There are threads on Tanaka and Facercise in the DIY forum that might be able to offer you insight into how the programs compare. Maybe you don't have to select one or the other. But you'd get better direction from those versed in the programs. So I suggest you go to the threads of either program and pose your question there.

I only do CFF and on days I haven't got time to devote 15 minutes to the program, then I do Tom'swww.shapeyourface.com program. That's it. CFF includes massage within the program so I don't feel the need to look elsewhere for that benefit.

VERY impressive Nonie aka AD. Wow! Really nice results and you have beautiful skin!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie, you probably don't know this but you are my total guru when it comes to all things beauty!
I want to thank you for all your wisdom and ideas you share with everybody (especially your butt exercise recs!)

I want to chime in here that the Yamuna face program really helps lift the cheeks up and outward, and as an added benefit massages little lines out of the skin. I love it.

I have gathered so much from these forums over the years, that I've adapted what I do to remain youthful and vibrant according to little things I've picked up here and there.

I'm finally getting around to making a blog with all the wisdom I think I can impart to friends and acquaintances -- and of course strangers!

Here is something I wrote that I think may be of interest to those who struggle with lines and depressions in our face:
http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/post/51029516663/waking-up-to-beauty-part-1

My new blog does not advocate an obsessive 'look younger' philosophy, but rather, it promotes daily rituals and protocols for looking natural, and looking your best. I see too much plastic surgery out there, and I privilege natural beauty, but that doesn't mean we can't work every day to be our very best.

--avalange

Nonie aka AD wrote:
benzerbru wrote:

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie you have beautiful skin and facial structure. I love how you generously share your information and pictures.
(FYI: I'm so happy about the rockin foot scrub product you told us about a while back... I think of you when I'm using it ... Wink

And Avalange I enjoyed the link/post that you shared... about the Scalp flex exercise. I've always loved that one for energizing the face. It just feels sooo good. I like the wink that you added to it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl, avalange and sister sweets thank you for your kind words.

avalange what a wonderful way to start the day. I love sleeping so I usually keep hitting my snooze button till it's so late then jump out of bed like junkie on speed. Your way of getting up is so much nicer and serene and seems to promise a day of stress-free bliss. I'll do that tomorrow. I do love doing Yoga in the morning! I do the scalp flex during the day and never thought of doing it when waking up. Can't wait to try this!

BTW, are you share it was I who shared a butt exercise? I don't remember. (They do say the mind is the first thing to go.)

sister sweets that is so funny that you think of me coz I think of you too when I use my stone or recommend it to someone Laughing since IIRC you were one of the first people to give me positive feedback on it after I recommended it.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Nonie!
Oh my, now I just do not remember. I just associate you with successful facial and butt exercises, please forgive me!
I also, like many others here, attentively read your carefully thoguht out, helpful posts.

Let me know if the morning scalp flexing works for you!

Like I said, the blog is a digest of sorts of things I've learned from many of you.

--avalange

Nonie aka AD wrote:
mountaingirl, avalange and sister sweets thank you for your kind words.

avalange what a wonderful way to start the day. I love sleeping so I usually keep hitting my snooze button till it's so late then jump out of bed like junkie on speed. Your way of getting up is so much nicer and serene and seems to promise a day of stress-free bliss. I'll do that tomorrow. I do love doing Yoga in the morning! I do the scalp flex during the day and never thought of doing it when waking up. Can't wait to try this!

BTW, are you share it was I who shared a butt exercise? I don't remember. (They do say the mind is the first thing to go.)

sister sweets that is so funny that you think of me coz I think of you too when I use my stone or recommend it to someone Laughing since IIRC you were one of the first people to give me positive feedback on it after I recommended it.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bodyskincare
5% products discount

Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Benzerbru...

You can also try facial machines to help strengthen skin from deep in the underlying layers.

Treatments like micro current or ultrasound/galvanic work on stimulating the tissues which rejuvenates skin.

Ultrasound and galvanic especially stimulates circulation and increase collagen and elastin production. It works the same as facial massage but without having to learn and do the massage movements.

Because you use an organic gel with galvanic to conduct the current, it's also the best way to deliver nutrients to the deeper layers of skin, which will plump them up and make lines or folds less visible, and prevent them from getting worse.

You could look at the Fyola Lite which is a good home ultrasound/galvanic device. 3 or 4 times a week for a few minutes at a time is all you need. It's also a really relaxing treatment so is a nice step to add to your overall skin care routine Smile
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem as you since this year.My opinion is to use organic oil to massage the face every night.I keep doing it for about 3 months.It works a lot.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |