Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone used REAURA on Surgical scars???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I have a pretty nasty large scar from a recent surgery (lymph node removal). I used scar silicone scar sheets but it's 4 months and still very red. Wondering if safe to use my reaura on it and if that would help fade it faster. Has anyone done it or tried?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Nylongirl, you might get better results by dermarolling/dermastamping the scar. Scar tissue tends to go deeper into the skin. I know there have been studies done on burn marks that have gotten better by needling. I know that dermarolling and ReArua work on the same principles but I think the ReAura works better on things closer to the surface of the skin. That being said I don't think it would hurt to try it on the scar as long as the heat from the laser did not effect the skin/scar negatively. Sometimes new scar tissue is tender and I would try to find out if the heat would affect the color of the scar and surrounding skin when it heals. Maybe you can ask the ReAura people.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I am currently experimenting with both ReAura and Derma pen on surgical scars. Very old surgical scars. I am documenting progress, but it will be hard to tell which is doing what. I do know that when the scars are needled (with the derma pen) I can really feel the difference in the skin - I can actually feel the scar fibres being disrupted. Crunch! So if you can wait . . . or you can experiment. Cookie's idea of asking ReAura is a good one. It could be the treatment of fresh scars would be different. There are some really good before after pics of before/after scars with needling.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'll write them and let you know if they get back to me. I just want the red gone! It's in a tender area, so I don't know if I want to use the rollar there. Fingers crossed I get a reply from Rearua. Will keep you post. As always, thanks for your replies! Smile
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
I'll write them and let you know if they get back to me. I just want the red gone! It's in a tender area, so I don't know if I want to use the rollar there. Fingers crossed I get a reply from Rearua. Will keep you post. As always, thanks for your replies! Smile

Nylongirl- if you registered your ReAura you can post a question in the Q and A section but I've had hit or miss luck with them getting back to me. If you are in the UK they have an online chat feature you can try on that site.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Here is their reply: "Thank you for contacting Philips. I have consulted our skincare expert. ReAura is not developed for this kind of treatment, so there’s no guarantee on the outcome, when actual scars are treated. With older and healed scars it should not be a problem to treat over the area, but there’s not to say if it will have a positive effect also. But in your case the scar is still red and not healed properly, so definitely don’t treat it." Sad
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Turn that frown upside down, nylongirl. I think they are just saying wait until it is no longer red.

Thanks for the info. I will let you know the results of my little experiment.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 am      Reply with quote
But Mismis, when it's no longer red, I won't have a need to use it there! I just want the red to go away. Maybe I can try the Baby Q????
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 am      Reply with quote
For new scars still red, nope, not me. I am using it on old scars though even though I don't expect the ReAura to do much.

Have you tried using some chamomile lotion or anything else that's good for calming skin? Or even give Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Concentrate a try (I always keep a bottle on hand because it's my "go to" for lots of things even pimples).

I have a lot of scars from the past and now that its warmer out, I'll start using chemical peels to get them flatter since they are raised and white now.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have not, but I have used Kelocote before for my post surgery scar. I found that it worked great for me, reduced the redness and it even relieved the itch Shock You might want to give it a try and see if it works for you. It's not well known and you can find it in CVS stores or on their website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
I have a pretty nasty large scar from a recent surgery (lymph node removal). I used scar silicone scar sheets but it's 4 months and still very red. Wondering if safe to use my reaura on it and if that would help fade it faster. Has anyone done it or tried?

Hi nylongirl, I saw this blurb about microcurrent and inflammation of surgically traumatized tissue. Maybe this might help with your redness.

Relationship Between Microcurrent & Scar Tissue

Chi’s 1999 study also proved that the redness, irritation, and inflammation of surgically traumatized tissue could be decreased significantly when treated with Microcurrent. Related to this, the buildup of hardened collagen that makes up scar tissue was noted to be 3 to 5 times less in tissue treated with Microcurrent. Further studies also indicated an amazing dispersion of existing scar tissue when treated with Microcurrent. This indicates that in the realm of plastic surgery, you can see the obvious place for Microcurrent technology. By administering a series of treatments before surgery, muscle and tissue condition is maximized, inclusive of an excessive storage of ATP. Microcurrent treatment of sutures and trauma post-op decreases the down time by reducing inflammation, redness and irritation, while enhancing the healing ability and minimizing scar tissue. Post-surgery treatments also are vital to maintain the results of the surgical work.

https://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=131

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
mederma got rid of the redness of a scar which was a year old when i started using it....
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:12 am      Reply with quote
bumping this in case mismis sees it.. wondering if any news on using Reaura on scars?
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I dont know if he will post but PQ said he'd used it on a scar on his friend and I thought was having "some" smoothening of the scar.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks debm, for chiming in. Smile
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I have used it on scars, but I don't think the laser had much if any effect - Derma Pen, on the other hand has flattened one scar significantly, and possibly softened the edges so that it is less noticeable. At this point, concealer is still my best friend.

Someone was asking about precancerous lesions and Reaura. I was referred for such a lesion to a derm, got my reaura in the meantime, and he said he could hardly see the lesion (it was quite diminished) and that it didn't need treatment. So I think that with some lesion, it could help; but of course with such things it is always best to get a professional opinion and not just treat oneself. In my case I didn't even know the lesion was dangerous, but my gp doctor spotted it and noticed it had some cell disorganization & I am glad she made me check it out.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for this info - wondering if I should invest in a NuFACE and try it on the scar!? That's micro current. Hummm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |