Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Is there any real secret to avoid skin tanning?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Please help guys I'm suffering from hyperpigmentation in some areas due to higher melanin production, mainly facial, derriere, back are like 3-4 shades darker. I need to find a way to blend it with my originalk skin color but it seems there's nothing that could avoid it?

Or maybe there is?

Please help me!

Thank You!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Have you spoken to a dermatologist about this?

It seems like professional input would be useful to you.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Effective sunscreen, everywhere. I say effective because I was just chatting with a friend about this. We both were freckled all over as children. We both wear sunscreen religiously. She has more freckles than ever, and I have none, but her sunscreen choice is based on whatever's cheap at Wallgreens rather than mine, which I spent forever researching and monitoring. Normal pigmentation such as freckles or darkness from the sun does go away over time and regular exfoliation in my previous experience. Although I don't have any, I think hyperpigmentation spots are a different story.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
avoid the sun, period! If indoors, pls make sure that the curtains are so thick that no sunlight pass thru em, so that the room is almost dark without electric bulbs even during mid day.... when u go out, sunblock is a must.... darker skin tones reacts v quickly to sunlight n produce melanin... Vita D supplement is vip when avoiding sunlight....
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I managed to get rid of the darker pigmentation on my chest. You know that scoop neck suntan we can get there from exposure. However, it took a couple of years of sunscreen rain or shine and devoted and consistent, practically complete, avoidance of sun exposure.

P.S. my vitamin D blood serum levels are very high! Must be how I eat?

I apply sunscreen daily on my face, neck, chest, and hands. Even more effective, is keeping the sun off your skin. Most people get damaging exposure just by walking through the parking lot from your car to the store/work/home, etc. I carry an umbrella at all times and use this when walking through sunny parking lots. I keep a sunscreen scarf and gloves with me at all times and use when driving, hiking, yard work, and etc.

I like these practices because, covering myself also keeps me from getting scratched or dirty during yardwork, or in my case, field work.

I have been doing this for 20 years and I don't care a darn thing about what others think, because this has been a primary factor in keeping my skin looking good. I have been ridiculed, but no one denies the positive results.

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
avoid the sun, period! If indoors, pls make sure that the curtains are so thick that no sunlight pass thru em, so that the room is almost dark without electric bulbs even during mid day.... when u go out, sunblock is a must.... darker skin tones reacts v quickly to sunlight n produce melanin... Vita D supplement is vip when avoiding sunlight....

I know you mean to help BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

We are human and therefore are not built to fear the sun in such drastic ways. Our bodies need AT LEAST indirect sunlight on a daily basis for normal functions to occur. I think that your suggestion is overkill because you are conditioning yourself to literally fear sunlight.

I might suggest a mineral powder SPF like colorscience for daily use. It's simple and you can reapply like crazy. I am sure you can even find a recipe online to make your own powders for this use.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Lightshox wrote:
daler wrote:

I know you mean to help BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

We are human and therefore are not built to fear the sun in such drastic ways. Our bodies need AT LEAST indirect sunlight on a daily basis for normal functions to occur. I think that your suggestion is overkill because you are conditioning yourself to literally fear sunlight.

I might suggest a mineral powder SPF like colorscience for daily use. It's simple and you can reapply like crazy. I am sure you can even find a recipe online to make your own powders for this use.

If someone does not want the skin to produce excessive melanin, s/he would have to avoid the sun, period, no way around it.... btw, no one has to fear the sun, they should love it and then not worry if the skin gets darker or not, one' own choice...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |