Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eyes and Facial Exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I never would have thought breast cancer could help to prove just how remarkable the skin is with its incredible ability to heal right back to square.

Radiation can and does burn the hell out of your skin. It doesn’t happen overnight (first few treatments) but before it's over with…WHOA! Where the radiation was targeted, my skin looked liked a fried taco. It was so bad I honestly believed my skin would be terribly scared for life…not that it mattered at the time. The Drs suggested using ONLY Aloe Vera after each treatment… 100% Gel, No alcohol, No color. I used ‘Fruit of the Earth’ Thankfully there wasn’t the stinging one usually gets when applying anything topical to sensitive skin.

My point? If you believe your under-eye skin was destroyed after facial training (any facial training program)… did your skin come anywhere close to the following photo?

Radiated Skin… BTW this is NOT a photo of me ...found several photos on the internet.

If your skin can return to normal, (like the skin on a baby's butt) after recovering from something as horrific as radiation, and considering the skins foremost job is to cover and protect all that’s beneath it; that should tell you your skin is the TOUGHEST most RESILIENT organ of the body regardless of how delicate it looks. Like I’ve said before ‘Nylon is delicate and they make rope out of it’.

If you have been too aggressive with your training (with regards to your personal makeup): eyelids are red, (may look like more wrinkles) puffy…try the Aloe and GIVE IT A REST. Once things calm down, with the knowledge you have gained (your skins reaction), resume your training. ALL programs allow for mild to aggressive training regardless of technique. You’ll find what works for you somewhere in the mix.

We have several facial training authors on this forum and at one time or another every one of them have been accused of ruining someone’s eyes… just to have another facial training author save the day Laughing Hopefully they too will shed some light on the subject… Hey Loulou! I know you’re out there, what’s your take

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
So happy to hear you are doing well now Deb! I had no idea you were going thru this.

I have read that melatonin topical cream can help protect against radiation burns specific to breast ca. But so glad that aloe vera works for you.

Its a tribute to the healing power of our own bodies you are absolutely right! You're loved by all, so happy you are fine now!

Melatonin cream:
http://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/20101004

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
at first,I also could not understand how under eye area skin can be ruined by f. exercises but I think when people complain of under eye skin being ruined by it, i think they end up getting scars like stretch marks by aggressive pulling on the thin skin ( some peeps have abnormally think skin there) and stretch marks rarely heal on their own , if at all... just my guess...
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
at first,I also could not understand how under eye area skin can be ruined by f. exercises but I think when people complain of under eye skin being ruined by it, i think they end up getting scars like stretch marks by aggressive pulling on the thin skin ( some peeps have abnormally think skin there) and stretch marks rarely heal on their own , if at all... just my guess...

Hi Daler

I have never heard of anyone in training complaining of scar like stretch marks under their eyes. But more importantly, stretch marks are NOT caused by stretching the skin. Knowing I might have a fight on my hands regarding this fact I have found a link to back-up my statement.

"When you gain weight hormones are produced and then metabolized by fat cells. The hormones resemble fat and cholesterol, so the whole gaining and loosing bit affects our hormones making them all wacky, it also affects the hormones in our skin.

MD Eric F. Bernstein Director of the Main line center for laser surgery, preformed a test in the lab. It plays out as follows; they artificially created stretch marks by rubbing strong corticosteriod creams on 'normal' skin. Without the test subject gaining or loosing any weight.

The steroids in the cream is similar to those hormones that cause stretch marks naturally in/on our bodies, the test proved that stretch marks are not caused by stretching of the skin, rather their hypothesis was right about the hormones being the sole cause.

So why do people who gain weight hit the gym or get pregnant get stretch marks?

It is in fact true your skin is expanding but the expansion is no factor in the cause of your battle scars, they are simply produced by hormones and that's it!

So perhaps stretch mark is the wrong name for them. Perhaps they should change it to hormone marks."

Taken from this link… http://throughglass.hubpages.com/hub/What-causes-Stretchmarks

However you are right about some people having extremely papery skin. The elderly can have skin so thin you don't dare apply surgical tape(in a hospital) for fear of tearing the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
daler wrote:

Hi Daler

I have never heard of anyone in training complaining of scar like stretch marks under their eyes. But more importantly, stretch marks are NOT caused by stretching the skin. Knowing I might have a fight on my hands regarding this fact I have found a link to back-up my statement.

"When you gain weight hormones are produced and then metabolized by fat cells. The hormones resemble fat and cholesterol, so the whole gaining and loosing bit affects our hormones making them all wacky, it also affects the hormones in our skin.

MD Eric F. Bernstein Director of the Main line center for laser surgery, preformed a test in the lab. It plays out as follows; they artificially created stretch marks by rubbing strong corticosteriod creams on 'normal' skin. Without the test subject gaining or loosing any weight.

The steroids in the cream is similar to those hormones that cause stretch marks naturally in/on our bodies, the test proved that stretch marks are not caused by stretching of the skin, rather their hypothesis was right about the hormones being the sole cause.

So why do people who gain weight hit the gym or get pregnant get stretch marks?

It is in fact true your skin is expanding but the expansion is no factor in the cause of your battle scars, they are simply produced by hormones and that's it!

So perhaps stretch mark is the wrong name for them. Perhaps they should change it to hormone marks."

Taken from this link… http://throughglass.hubpages.com/hub/What-causes-Stretchmarks

However you are right about some people having extremely papery skin. The elderly can have skin so thin you don't dare apply surgical tape(in a hospital) for fear of tearing the skin.

That is very interesting Deb, thank you for this info!

Also I do believe that stretching skin is good for skin ( other than under eye area) but who knows, some people may have very very thin skin in under eyes area n it gets damaged.. may be not stretch marks but more like tears...who knows..I am saying because there are people complaining and I dont think they ll just make up stuff or that it's just in their heads u know...
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
So happy to hear you are doing well now Deb! I had no idea you were going thru this.

I have read that melatonin topical cream can help protect against radiation burns specific to breast ca. But so glad that aloe vera works for you.

Its a tribute to the healing power of our own bodies you are absolutely right! You're loved by all, so happy you are fine now!

Melatonin cream:
http://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/20101004

Hi Fawnie

You’re a Sweetheart

Actually I discovered my C in 2010 right after my 3rd edition landed on the shelf (within a few days!)… Thank God I was finished with everything (book etc.) that would have reeeally been a nightmare.

Anyway I was very fortunate… stage I, no chemo, radiation only. I’m perfectly fine, Next! Laughing

I still keep in contact with a lot of girls that were in my boat... I'll pass along your suggestion about Melatonin cream. Sad to say everybody knows somebody.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Also I do believe that stretching skin is good for skin ( other than under eye area) but who knows, some people may have very very thin skin in under eyes area n it gets damaged.. may be not stretch marks but more like tears...who knows..I am saying because there are people complaining and I don't think they ll just make up stuff or that it's just in their heads u know...

Hi There!

Yes I too believe there are those who have had problems with under eye training. There is no doubt in my mind about that. But, believe me, if a person pulled his skin so aggressively that he tore it; there would be some serious pain involved. What are the chances he would do THAT again?

The initial point I was making is the type of problem they would be having is not permanent damage. Even the worse black-eye i.e., cut and swollen to the point the eye won't close will heal without a trace...unless the person has some serious health issue.

Thin skin does not mean weak skin. But again, for some, problems do arise. No argument there Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Really great to hear all is well with you Deb - and that you caught it so early!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Deb,

I am so happy to hear from you here and to know you are doing well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Deb,
I am delighted to see you posting and sharing your experience. I am glad to know you had early detection. A Blessing to you and your family.

Daler - (and Deb), I have been an avid facial exerciser - undereye too. I'm all about making the cells work, the collagen try harder. I understand that biology. When I hear someone created such damage by this I wish I could be in their living room helping them and seeing what they're seeing and doing! oh my. It's so hard to comprehend. I can certainly understand you wanting to know too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I knew something was going on with cancer and think Claudia mentioned, but my dh went through it, and it was intense and like Deb said at the beginning, he was fine with the chemo and radiation, but then when they started uping the dosage it really hit his system big time, he was throwing up constantly, and losing hair. thankfully we caught it in time, but I swear this is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Deb,

So great to see a post from you! Very glad to hear that you are well Smile

When I began to get aggressive with my skin remodeling, I was cautious with the skin around my eyes. I began to notice improvement with my facial skin, while the skin around my eyes remained the same. I wanted improvement around my eyes and so I began doing everything that I do to my face, to my eye skin, with great results!

From 2002, I have done vigorous and regular FE eye exercises and rigorous eye skin massages and I am happy with the condition of the skin around my eyes. It takes time to remodel muscles and skin and it is important that the body receive the nutrients necessary to recover. I work my eye area aggressively and feel confident doing so, based on my results.

Smile HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:

When I read the above paragraphs it makes me think of women who have upper lip lines. The ones that say they never smoked or drank from straws. They wonder why they have lip lines even though they didn't do these repetitive motions. But, I think the main cause of these lip lines are aging and hormonal changes.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:

When I read the above paragraphs it makes me think of women who have upper lip lines. The ones that say they never smoked or drank from straws. They wonder why they have lip lines even though they didn't do these repetitive motions. But, I think the main cause of these lip lines are aging and hormonal changes.

Yes exactly. Hormone depletion wreaks havoc on the lips.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |