Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Have You Replaced Your Devita With?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Caris
5% products discount

Thu May 02, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have just finished my old Devita, and have been a devotee for a couple of years now using daily and loving it. I too have a new tube of skin drying, white cast creating completely different product from the one I love, and need to replace it with something different quickly!

For those of you that were Devita devotees, what have you switched to, and how similar is it to the original Devita we all loved so much?
Pixiedust2
5% products discount

Thu May 02, 2013 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be watching this post with you Caris. I feel just like you. I tried a new one from Juice and its awful. Hope someone finds a good alternative soon!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 03, 2013 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I switched to Suntegrity. I mix their SPF primer with a Light Tinted moisturizer. I like it more than Devita because it is less greasy.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 03, 2013 4:20 am      Reply with quote
RS, is there a white cast?
You must have been using the devita for face to say it was greasy, right?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
RS, is there a white cast?
You must have been using the devita for face to say it was greasy, right?

Yeah, I found Devita a bit greasy. It also gave me a sunburn a few times. Suntegrity primer does have a bit of a white cast, it is not as clear as Devita. Also, getting samples from Suntegrity is easy. I think, I got them for free before purchasing.
ellatu
5% products discount

Wed May 08, 2013 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely loved Devita in the original formula. I used it faithfully since I discovered it 2 years ago. Alas, as is often the case when I find a product that works for me, someone decides to change it or stop making it. I researched physical sunscreens with good ingredients, ordered several to try......and the winner is.....Josie Maran Argan 40+ SPF. I am 58, have very fair, sensitive skin that does not tolerate sun exposure at all. This product feels velvety and very moisturizing, and is absorbed within a couple of minutes. Very nice feel, makeup goes on like a dream. I don't think I am going to miss Devita so much after all Smile
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used Devita, but I use Invisible Zinc spf 30- which is an all zinc sunscreen.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
ellatu wrote:
I absolutely loved Devita in the original formula. I used it faithfully since I discovered it 2 years ago. Alas, as is often the case when I find a product that works for me, someone decides to change it or stop making it. I researched physical sunscreens with good ingredients, ordered several to try......and the winner is.....Josie Maran Argan 40+ SPF. I am 58, have very fair, sensitive skin that does not tolerate sun exposure at all. This product feels velvety and very moisturizing, and is absorbed within a couple of minutes. Very nice feel, makeup goes on like a dream. I don't think I am going to miss Devita so much after all Smile

I'm going to give this a try as I do not like the new Devita at all. Great reviews of Josie's product on QVC.

http://www.qvc.com/Josie-Maran-Argan-Daily-Moisturizer-w-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-40.product.A215362.html?sc=A215362-Zone&cm_scid=zone&cm_sp=MERCHZONE-_-Featured:+Recently+Aired+Items-_-2

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 15, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't posted here in a while because I had my skin routine all. figured. out. But when Devita changed their Solar Body Block formula, I had to come here for moral support! It's possible that it's more protective (because it's more opaque/white and takes a little while to rub in), but I was having good luck with it as my daily SPF for office days, etc. I don't really want to have to go back to the drawing board to find my new holy grail physical sunscreen! But if I don't apply it carefully, I end up with little flakes of white along my hairline/eyebrows/etc. Ugh.

So I'm with everybody: Any ideas of what to try next?

Part of the problem is that Devita, when using the body version, had a really nice price point. $10 an ounce is just hard to swallow for something I use so much of... I'll be curious if the upcoming EWG sunscreen report brings anything new to my attention. I never fully fell in love with Burnout and will look at Purple Prairie, but it doesn't sound very cosmetically elegant... If you've found a new HG, please share!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I began to use a new brand simplicite which came australia.It's also natural products.But the price is a little higher than Devita.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you looking for a Devita alternative, here are a couple:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6501608&highlight=uriage#6501608
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I keep seeing recommendations but v few which address all my particular needs... v light, non-greasy with no white cast.

Googling people's experiences & writing to Devita has really put me off the company. Apparently they have a history of changing the formulations of their most successful products on a wim? And I didn't care for the response they gave me - its like she cut and pasted a shpeel out of some company handbook, lied saying that they've already addressed the problem with no further complaints (oh yeah? just GOOGLE & see!), and (tersely?) implied that they have no intention of pursuing the matter any further.

Booo! I HATE being at the mercy of companies like that! It makes me want to take a stab at making my own sunscreen... Dragon had a recipe somewhere, didn't she?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Pixiedust2
5% products discount

Tue May 28, 2013 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA, I feel your pain. And I feel exactly the same way about Devita now. My only hope is that this hits them in the pocketbook eventually. They obviously know there is a big difference in this new formulation. Skin boards all over the net are complaining about it. They just don't seem to give a darn.

I've been using Burnout. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've found so far. And I'm tired of spending money trying to find a replacement. Lots of recs don't meet my needs as they contain cones or Shea butter.

I looked up a couple DIY recipes online, but my concern is truly knowing the SPF. I'm all for DIY, I already make a lot of my own skincare. But SPF is the one thing I've always left to the experts. I'm all ears if anyone finds a good one.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I really like this sunscreen from neutrogena...a real bonus that I can get it at any local store. I've never used Devita, but I have used many, many others. This one is not greasy (and I have a very oily face) and I have never burned while using it.

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/clear+face+liquid+lotion+sunscreen+broad+spectrum+spf+30.do?sortby=ourPicks

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the NCN sunscreen
http://ncnskincare.com/new-items-c-23/icovered-day-cream-spf30-2-oz-p-206

I've been impressed so far. I still have to use a moisturizer under it because I have extremely dry skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:15 am      Reply with quote
I have ncn sunscreen also and recommend it highly.

I also use roche posay anthelios in the tinted version and have no complaints.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried this,but MD Solar Sciences Mineral Sunscreen Gel SPF 30 gets pretty good reviews on Amazon.Pretty decently priced,too...about $16 for 1.76 ounces.
Freya
5% products discount

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to share the reason for the formula change. Unlike some have indicated, it appears to be forced by a new FDA regulation, and not some whim of the company. I wrote the company asking about whether they had changed their formulation or it would be changed back. This is the reply I received. I appreciated this professional reply and frank answer from this company. I will likely continue shopping for a new sunscreen, but it's frustrating that the FDA's interference in the market hurts both a company's business and our skincare routine. Smile

"Thank you for your recent internet message and for choosing DeVita Natural Skincare.

Here's the very latest news on this issue - We have had to refine and adjust our homogenization process, so the formulation on our solar products will necessarily be slightly different from now on, as our supplier was required to make an adjustment to their micronized zinc oxide ingredient, due to new FDA regulations. Please be assured our products protection qualities have not changed, nor has the base formulation. Our products still provide the same tested SPF 30+, broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, and are still vegan and paraben free. You may notice that it is a little less transparent at first, and may take a few more rubs to get it blended in.

May I invite you to visit our website www.devitaskincare.com we do now have the answer to your question on the following links-

Direct link to our page is http://devitastyle.com/home/devita101/sun-savvy

Direct link right to youtube video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTkzAukqGlE

The latest batch codes that we are currently offering for our solar products is on batch code 130501 or later, and these are the only ones that we have in stock."
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Devita years ago and switched to Pratima Neem sunscreen, which I love the texture of. It kept me from burning but I still freckled a little with it. It had better protection than Devita did, though, and it agreed with my skin more. It kept my skin clear.

Once I ran out of Pratima, I ordered the Devita Rx Ultrasolar spf 50 (which comes in a big 4oz pump). It's a totally different texture than the gel cream formula of the old Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer. I'm liking it. It's more of a thick, fluffy, non-greasy cream. It's slightly on the dry side, which is fine for my combo skin.

It doesn't leave a whitecast, but it occasionally pills a little, so I rub the pills off and reapply to that area and then it's fine. I haven't broken out from it. I think it has better protection than the Solar Protective Cream did and it's not shiny and doesn't sting in the same way.
Longyee

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Like most of you, I have been looking for sunscreen which is non-greasy, not leaving white cast, and with good protection. Unfortunately when I got to know Devita, it has been commented to have changed its formula so I have never tried it.

The Juice Beauty sheer mineral moisturizer suffocates. Even (La Roche Posay fluid extreme spf50) and (Vichy Capital Soleil ultra light sunscreen fluid spf50) were too greasy for me.

Recently I have tried SkinMedica daily physical defense spf30 and impressed me much. It looks thick when you squeeze it out, but you don't feel greasy when applying. It does give a thin dewy coat, but it sits well under my finishing powder. It is hot and humid summer here but I feel ok to apply on my arms as well. Wish EDS would stock this brand again!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:20 am      Reply with quote
LOVE Osmotics Age Prevention Protection Extreme SPF 45
have sooooper sensitive skin and this is great!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Uriage BarieSun Children's spf 50+ is a EU SS with tinosorb M. its not white or greasy and has no irritating ingreds. It doesnt dry my skin out or turn it greasy like zinc/titatium SSs. I use it on my face, neck chest and hands and then Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Ss on my body.

Composition:
Formula INCI: Aqua (water), carbonate dicaprylyl, Uriage thermal spring water, methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol (Tinosorb M), Butylmethoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl triazone, Glycerin, Nylon-12, PVP triacontanyl, butylene glycol, hydrogenated polydecenes, decyl glucoside, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 alcohols, glucose, xanthan gum, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate, o-cymene-5-ol, propylene glycol, trehalose, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate.

Fragrance free. Paraben-free. Hypoallergenic. Non-comedogenic.

100ml

Price: $26.95 www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Thinkbaby sunblock. These are the ingredients on my tube (the ingredients seem to differ on various online sites):

Zinc Oxide (20% (Non-Nano)).

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C),Capric Caprylic Triglycerides,Cranberry Seed Oil,Dimethicone,Hyaluronic Acid (Made from Vegetables),Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Jojoba Oil,Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt),Methyl Abietate (Pine Wood Resin),Papaya Olive Oil,Polyglercerol-10 Laurate (Vegetable Glycerin),Raspberry Seed Oil,Sorbitan Stearate (Coconut Based),Sunflower Oil,Tocopherols (Vitamin E),Water (Purified).

I love the texture of it for my dry skin (it's very creamy and goes on well, but it does leave a greasy feel with a white cast until it absorbs). I have tan (NC35-40) skin and the white cast does not bother me - it disappears after a couple of minutes.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |