Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
what to use to tighten cheeks after weightloss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Phoebe Bonaparte

Sun May 05, 2013 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am 28 and pale skinned. I have lost some weight all over recently but it's really taken a toll on my face. I used to have very plump, high cheeks, which have since deflated and sagged prematurely into my jawline. I really want to lift and rebuild my cheeks. I am currently using Tua Spa for microcurrent and ultrasonic treatment. I have a tua trend which I may start using again but I got scared off it by those old studies that claim a current higher than 500 microamperes depletes ATP and hence destroys muscle tone ( I know that Tina Richards and her team claim the device does not do this, but I'm not sure what to believe). I was thinking of getting the tripollar stop, but do not know if this is worth the money, or a stronger microcurrent device such as NuFace or CACI microlift. I feel pretty down about how I look for my age as I've always looked after my skin and all of a sudden it's caught up with me so I would be so so grateful for some advice on what to do.

I know I could get a filler/vampire lift or some sort of skin tightening RF treatment with a good dermatologist, but I am pretty broke at the moment and just want to do the best thing I can afford for my skin.

Sorry for such a long post, but lastly, I have no idea whether I should be using some sort of lazer therapy at home too e.g. sirius?? I am quite confused by all that is on offer and would really like to hear from anyone who can help.

Thank you! x
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I strongly recommend Ageless if You Dare facial exercise program. It did wonders for my sagging cheeks!

5% products discount

Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you could look up the Fyola Lite Machine? This is an at-home ultrasound device, and is safe to use on your face a few times, and really easy.

I don't think you'll need a stronger current, just one that works well. And as long as you use it consistently you will notice a difference.

If you've got sagging skin due to weight loss, the skin itself needs to be rejuvenated. Manual facial massage works more on the muscles to lift and contour.

So you've got the best idea using ultrasound, which penetrates deeply into the underlying tissues and will help rebuild collagen and elastin. If you use it regularly your skin will tighten and refine.

Just remember, rebuilding skin takes a bit of time so just be consistent and patient.

Take fish oil supplements, and make sure you eat enough protein - this is really important for skin firmness and so often over looked (especially by woman as we are so conscious of what we eat, that protein intake is often inadequate). This could be especially true if you're lost a lot of weight recently (well done by the way:)

Hope this helps!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
bodyskincare wrote:
Maybe you could look up the Fyola Lite Machine? This is an at-home ultrasound device, and is safe to use on your face a few times, and really easy.

I don't think you'll need a stronger current, just one that works well. And as long as you use it consistently you will notice a difference.

If you've got sagging skin due to weight loss, the skin itself needs to be rejuvenated. Manual facial massage works more on the muscles to lift and contour.

So you've got the best idea using ultrasound, which penetrates deeply into the underlying tissues and will help rebuild collagen and elastin. If you use it regularly your skin will tighten and refine.

Just remember, rebuilding skin takes a bit of time so just be consistent and patient.

Take fish oil supplements, and make sure you eat enough protein - this is really important for skin firmness and so often over looked (especially by woman as we are so conscious of what we eat, that protein intake is often inadequate). This could be especially true if you're lost a lot of weight recently (well done by the way:)

Hope this helps!

I had the original Fyola and it was wonderful. I tried the new fyola lite when my old Fyola stopped charging and I was VERY disappointed in the new Fyola lite. It didn't deliver the same intensity of ultrasonic and ultrasound and was cheaply made....very disappointed. Crying or Very sad

Mon May 13, 2013 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I had LOTS of issues myself around weight loss and my face falling off afterwards! I put the weight back on unfortunately Crying or Very sad but this time around as I'm preparing to lose it all again I'm getting ready to support my face at the same time!! All my research (thanks to people on this forum) has pointed out Microcurrent to me.

I'm pretty sold on the CACI machines as I'm in the UK (you can sometimes pick them up on ebay for a reasonable price if you look hard and long). I also just picked up an Integra facelift machine last week for £40. It's on older school model that was based on CACI but without the price tag and was designed for home use.

The uber basic principles of microcurrent are that it lifts and tones over time (and as long as you are proficient in how to use which ever machine you opt for) and re-educates the muscles back to their intended original positions.

From all the agonising I went through last time about my slipped off face, it's totally worth it to invest in something you can use at home everyday, even if it appears to cost more on the surface!

Good Luck! Smile
geishagirl257

Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi again!

Having just caught up with the forum again after reading your post, I'd now seriously look into investing in a Pico Toner, which is one of the latest microcurrent devices on the market.

It has rave real-user reviews from people on this forum and might be the thing that will work for you! Theres' a really comprehensive thread on it!

I'm certainly going to sell a couple of things now to re-invest into buying a Pico!
Phoebe Bonaparte

Sat May 25, 2013 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate your advice. I will look into ultrasound and the pico toner. I was looking at those integra devices on ebay also as they look pretty reasonably priced, but I wasn't sure whether to go for it. Smile)
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 6:32 am      Reply with quote
This interests me too as I want to loose weight but I want to avoid sagging skin on my face or anywhere I have been doing some research and I think that after you loose weight it can take time for your skin to catch up with your body change. I've read a lot of reports from people who were sure they needed surgery but that after a while (up to 2 years) their skin did firm up.

I am sure that the right exercise, nutrition and care is also important.
jacksonbird03

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hey i think you use ageless and you must eat healthy foods that will help you alot... Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |