Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

anjelina jolie, double mastectomy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 15, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I have just heard about Anjelina Jolie,

I think she was really brave to be so open about it all. Good on her
Lets hope it helps to make every one more aware.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.naturalnews.com/040349_Angelina_Jolie_breast_cancer_surgery.html
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 15, 2013 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Too bad no one told her about Iodine & also too bad her docs didn't tell her she needed to get an oophrectomy as well to be fully protected if going the route of maiming.

And IMHO this simply proves what I have believed for a very long time. The rich & uber rich get crappy health care/advice like the rest of us! Shock
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
too bad her docs didn't tell her she needed to get an oophrectomy as well

She's having that surgery soon. The breast surgery was more complicated so she wanted that done first, I believe.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 17, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Come on,lets be more open minded.

Just think how many women can this person affect.
What about a company behind, that does the specific tests of the specific gene(i think brca2)
and jolie helps.How many women are going to be scared and do the tests(which means money)?Everything is actually on inforwar.
If you want i can post this.
Just dont think its conspiracy.
Its more likely to be a clever way to profit
from the many people that are being affected by celebrities.

But,please,lets be more open minded.
I know for good,skin care and hair loss industry
are one of the worst and greediest that make people miserable and depressed .

Everything is an industry.Lets face it.
Nobody care about us except for some nice people
that are here and there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 18, 2013 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to agree with you panoslydios. It's all about making a buck & the more fear that is put into the masses the more $ to be made. Taking control of your own health is discouraged in every way possible.

I watched Dr Oz re her surgery & was very disappointed in his view that maiming as a means to prevent cancer was the future of medicine. How utterly depressing! If he were truly cutting edge & looking out for the best interests of his viewers he would be sharing methods of detoxification (since all the toxic exposure we are constantly exposed to is undoubtedly the cause of gene mutations & many of our chronic degenerative diseases) such as iodine & chelation etc. But this might make his biggest advertisers (big pharma) very upset!

Personally I believe in keeping all of my body parts & ridding myself of the toxins!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 19, 2013 8:36 am      Reply with quote
cabrita - you believe in iodine/iodide to detox. What amounts are you presently taking?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 19, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
cabrita - you believe in iodine/iodide to detox. What amounts are you presently taking?

I think people are taking between 12.5-60 mg.
There is a forum on curezone that is active
and will answer your questions.

In order to make easier the detox process(for example to prevent bromaderma=zits from bromide detoxification) you have to take cofactors
that help the immune system(vitamin c,zinc,selenium) and there is also the salt loading protocol.
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 20, 2013 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit I would do exactly as she had done , if I had my genetic profile done. Our Drs here( UK) are not really driven by the $$$ thank goodness at least not yet. Its more refusing to do treatments or to prescribe generic medications rather than use the branded ones.

I have a family history of breast cancer, and also fall into the high risk category, ( not fat but I fit into the other ones) My mother had a mastectomy and so far so good has been in remission. NOw , her cancer was extremely aggressive but unresponsive to medication ,so her only options was the operation.
So should she have had just iodine and broccoli.

Needless to say she does have a good diet!

I would have that test if I could afford it and could persuade my gps to do it, and yes if I had that same result I would do exactly the same. I have a young family and would rather be ""Mutilated" and alive than intact and Dead.

Besides with the great reconstructions offered I could get better ones than I have originally ( very small cup size!!!) Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
AJ may have knowingly or unknowingly participated in a corporate scheme:
http://www.naturalnews.com/040365_Angelina_Jolie_gene_patents_Supreme_Court_decision.html

AJ is generation X and has had YEARS to learn about alternative medicine. Her "brave" choice was really just her refusal to help or contribute while also as usual drawing attention to herself.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
^^ per report link:

"... Get enough mammograms done and sooner or later they will detect breast cancer because they caused it!..."

weird.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 1:26 am      Reply with quote
kath, my thoughts too

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Isnt "weird" a shorthand way of saying " I havent seen this before." What you do after "weird" occurrs to you, is you either open up to the new, or shut down to it. Individual responses may vary.

Cancertutor is a very helpful website.

As I heard it, there is no breast cancer where there is no iodine deficiency. Wink
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 6:22 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:

AJ is generation X and has had YEARS to learn about alternative medicine. Her "brave" choice was really just her refusal to help or contribute while also as usual drawing attention to herself.

Am I the only one offended by this statement. The medical choices someone makes for their health are just that. THEIR choices.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD, ITA -

when i read the statement *weird #2* occurred (shut down to it per ^^) b/c it made little sense

then i *opened up to the new* (*weird #1* per ^^)
and read the posted link and thought *weird #3* (definition = WAT????) even
though i'm one that's very open-minded to *conspiracy-theories*

and that's my individual response
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
well, I have to say regarding the relation to iodine and breast ca my mother must be the exception, she definitely did not and has not had or got any form of iodine deficiency.

And Cookie you are not the only one either!

And when I think " weird " it doesnt usually mean that I havent heard this before. It means to me strange, bizarre, odd but not that I haven't heard it before, nor that I am unable to take it in and be open minded.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
ETA

Kath91 wrote:
CookieD, ITA -

when i read gretchen's statement *weird #2* occurred (shut down to it per ^^) b/c it made little sense to me..."refusal to help or contribute"...??

but i *opened up to the new* (*weird #1* per ^^)

yet after reading her posted article link, I thought *weird #3* (definition = WAT????) even
though i'm one that's very open-minded to *conspiracy-theories*

and that's my individual response
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Yup, some of the comments in this thread have really offended me, and triggered all sorts of things in me.

Of course we all believe in healthy living and detox, but how can you judge a woman who's been witness to her own mom dying of cancer. The loss of her breasts may have been worth every bit TO HER if only to help alleviate her fears.

I am certainly of the opinion that healthy living, detox and perhaps the latest in natural trends is the way to go for the vast majority of us. How do you know she doesn't believe the same? But I haven't had to live with the scare of cancer in my family. Could you imagine terror striking your hearts every day while you're raising young kids? From what I understand that kind of worry is cancer causing to begin with and can't be good for ANY of them.

Removing my breasts would not be my personal choice, but I have the luxury of growing older viewing my breasts as a vibrant, healthy, sexy part of me. Not ticking time bombs. Please try to have some compassion for women in this situation. Their thinking may not be correct, and they may even know it, but some of us know how hard it can be to reverse ingrained thoughts/feelings which adversely affect our daily lives.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
thank you Lori A

I think you have put into words what I couldn't, I am beginning to wish I hadnt started this thread!

I was really trying to say that Im in a similarish position and was really trying very badly to express just what you have said.
Thank you

I am not going to say any more here!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
gretchen wrote:

Am I the only one offended by this statement. The medical choices someone makes for their health are just that. THEIR choices.

Sure. Then it should be referred to as that-- a choice and not something heroic.
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/05/angelina-jolie-is-not-a-hero-2-2645178.html
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Some things should just be left go with compassion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 25, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
^ I agree. And I'm glad, Sylvia, and relieved that you won't be subjecting yourself to more of, what has unfortunately come out as, insensitive behavior here.

I myself wrote with AJ in mind since she was the topic of the thread. You didn't share your personal history until later, after much of the sarcasm and depressing summations about life were unleashed. I'd hope that certain people would have held back their tone if you'd have shared earlier.

Fear is a powerful thing and people choose to believe all kinds of things in an attempt to conquer it, and regain control: simple/absolute solutions (as I understand, there is not yet a one size fits all cure), victim blaming, conspiracy theories etc, some of which you've seen examples of here.
Celebrities are easy targets and bear the brunt of it... i.e. she's lazy/ill-informed, unintelligent, misguided, manipulated, greedy, attention hungry etc... while those of us cancer free with breasts intact are winning/better than her because.. we're not.

I don't really blame people for choosing to believe what they do in order to alleviate the tension of fear, insecurity, etc. Its a game of survival, but its unfortunate when they inadvertently end up disparaging others and their loved ones at their worst times. Its just unnecessary.

You strike me as someone with good sense and a healthy disposition... wishing you & yours peace and worry free life!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 3:29 am      Reply with quote
This issue involves life and death. In matters of life and death, I believe all viewpoints are equally valid and should be welcomed without derision...even when the point of view may oppose your own.

So...I say continue, one and all..

BFG
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Of course you're right, BFG! These are difficult issues.

Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
here's a letter posted in our local paper today that brought to my attention a viewpont i didn't often remember and, often, forgot to consider ---
breast cancer, also, as a man's disease
(couldn't get it to link so just copy/pasted letter from opinions in
www.democratandchronicle.com/

Jolie offers inspiration for men and women
May 27, 2013 1:10 PM

I applaud actress Angelina Jolie for having the courage to speak publicly about her choice to have a bilateral mastectomy. I have had breast and prostate cancer because of my BRCA gene mutation. My sister and mom are also BRCA2, and have undergone treatment for breast cancer.
Our foundation, which supports male breast cancer awareness, has reached out to many “famous” men who have had breast cancer but have no interest in publicizing their disease. Jolie’s power as a celebrity has brought a new mindset and awareness to living with BRCA mutations.
We want all men to know that they can also be carrying the BRCA gene mutation, and if so, they are not only susceptible to breast cancer but also prostate, pancreatic and melanoma cancers. For all the coverage that this story of Jolie has garnered, not ONCE did any of them mention that this is man’s disease as well.
HARVEY I. SINGER
HONEOYE FALLS
Co-founder, HIS Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation
hisbreastcancer.org
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |