Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
under eye damage copper cp serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
saxah

Wed May 29, 2013 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Help dear group! I am sure the answer is here if I search, but I just can't find it. After 1 week of use, I have developed creases under my eyes. Deep and they were not there before! How can I start to repair! Many, many thanks!
Sarah
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Stop using the Copper CP immediately and use the most moisturizing eye cream you have. I've never used copper cp before. Is it even recommended for under eye use? Perhaps other users will chime in here.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
what type/brand of CPs did you use?
This makes a big difference.

Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
it was the slin bilogy one. not a strong version and i didnt use it under my eye!! TY SO much for the response!
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
CP's help your body replace old damaged collagen. It's why they're a good anti-aging substance.

But after the old collagen is "kicked out", so to speak, there's often a period of time where there's no new collagen to replace it because collagen generation can take a couple months to get going real good. The diminishing of damaged collagen without simultaneous collagen replacement causes what is known among CP users as "the uglies", which can take the form of new lines, general sag, hooded eyes, etc.

I've had the uglies. They're no fun. But they typically go away and you look better than before. I like CP's and recently started using them again after being lazy for a couple of years. I've been using them for about 10 years, and always have a bottle around the house, even if use has not been consistent.

Incidentally, my mother got the uglies after using CP's for a couple of months. It scared her so bad she quit using them completely. But I saw her about 9 months after she quit using them (hadn't seen her in about a year) and her eyes looked FANTASTIC. She always had good eyes (no bags, no hoods, not many lines underneath, etc.), but she had virtually no lines left after recovering from her bout of the uglies. There was a noticeable improvement in an area where she was already doing good. But I never could convince her that the CP's did her the good. She still thinks they damaged her eyes and stopping CP's is what helped (even though her eyes looked much better after she recovered than they did when she started CP's).

Everyone's tolerance is different for CP's. Some get the uglies fast, some slower. Pretty much everyone gets them, though, if they're consistent in use. When you get them, stop for a while, then start again until you get the uglies again. That's supposed to be the strategy. It's worked pretty well for me.

Worth noting is that some people don't react well to CP's ever. These people seem to be in the minority but it can happen.

Also worth noting is that some have said in the past (although I haven't kept up so I don't know if they're still saying this) that you can power through the uglies. Just keep using. Personally, I couldn't tolerate that. I have to stop and recover.

So, saxah, what you do depends on your own tolerance for what happens to your skin during the uglies. If you can tolerate a little bit more, another week's use before stopping might do you some good. If you really don't like what's happening, then stop until the uglies go away. Then start again after you've recovered for a while. Up to you.

HTH. Good luck!
saxah

Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for the response. i stopped immediately and ha ejust been moisturizing a lot. fingers crossed.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Early on when I started using CPs (starting with the weakest and gradually working up to Skin Signals which I use now) I noticed my eye skin getting crepey. I did what was recommended and used it every other day nstead of everyday and it improved. I've always used stuff around my eyes they say never to use! I'm not stupid and I am very careful, generally leaving a 1/4" border clean around my eyelashes. Common sense.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:24 am      Reply with quote
That is why I am not using any type of CP. Because CP is not for everyone. Best way is to keep it simple. Too much stuff or skin-care products not relating to your skin can only worsen your skin. Good luck! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |