Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What Is Your Anti Aging Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
terraaus
5% products discount

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Curious as to what your anti aging routines are. This includes vitamins and supplements, products, devices, diet, manual exercises etc. How do you think it is working for you? Do you still have areas of concern? I will be back to post mine later.
terraaus
5% products discount

Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:34 am      Reply with quote
My vitamins and supplements
Gerovital GH3
HGH supplements
Neocell Collagen
Hair, Skin and Nails Vitamins with Minerals
Biotin
Fish Oil capsules
MSM
DMAE

Diet
Drink lots of water
Perricone Diet

Devices
Susan Lucci Microdermabrasion Kit
LightStim
NuFace

Products

I alternate between systems. Most systems appear to work.
Murad
Aloette
LifeCell
Meaningful Beauty
NV Perricone
Clinique
terraaus
5% products discount

Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add that everything combined seems to work well, but I still have issues with my neck, though I typically use a combination of 3 neck creams at a time.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for this thread! Would love to hear more about your reasons for the various supplements you take -and where you get yours.

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen (Burnout)

Retin A, hormonal topicals, glycolic acid, occasional TCA/Jessner peels

Microneedling with vitamin serums

upper lid Blepharoplasty (eek, not sure I spelled that right)

dermal fillers in lower lids

tapered off Botox because my other stuff made the Botox unnecessary.

Positive attitude
Continuous learning
Hobbies I enjoy
exercise & whole food diet and vitamins and minerals
sharing time with my kids and the sexy man I love.

Life can get better over 50. Never could have told me that 4 years ago...lol

BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Concerns? yes....

that it is getting harder and harder to control my weight

that my hair keeps getting dryer over time Sad

that menopause is going to beat me at all of this effort...

but remaining positive!

BFG
terraaus
5% products discount

Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add Frownies to my routine.

I get all of my supplemnts from GNC or Amazon.

The Gerovital GH3 changes my skin color to look healthier.It also firms over time. The HGH makes my body and face firmer. Neocell Collagen makes my hair and skin thicker.Hair Skin and Nails vitamins improves, hair, skin and nails. as the name states. Biotin makes my hair grow and prevents my hair from thinning. Fish oil adds a glow to my skin. MSM and DMAE both tighten my skin.

My neck looks fine if I add my Neckline Slimmer device to my routine, but I am looking for something easier like a good cream. I do not use any of my devices on a consistent basis. I'm sure I would have no problems if I did.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi again, can I ask about your HGH? where, what kind, etc.?

Thanks, BFG
alabamagirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Tell me more about the neckline slimmer device! I don't have a double chine but some wrinkles and sagging apparant on jawline and around thyroid area.

Since January, I've been reading EDS forums and experimenting with different products and devices. Right now I'm experimenting with copper peptides and am hopeful to have some scar reduction and tightening.

My exercies mostly comes from bicycling. I realize I need to incorporate some upper body work and ab work.

I also struggle with weight, hair getting dryer, and loss of firmness---everywhere. Sad

Trying to be disciplined with diet and supplementation is difficult. I hate swallowing pills.

Can't wait to hear what works for everyone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do you find that the HGH has an effect? Where do you purchase it?

I have a minimal routine:

suncreen constantly (still searching for the perfect one, but always buy one which has an excellent UVA blocking rating by the EWG)

vitamins and herbs (a multi, turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger)

Retin A nightly

Nuance products in the morning. Also just tried Nip and Fab's No Needle Fix today. Haven;t seen the promised instant results, but will use up both tubes and report back.

4-6 days per week at the gym

Keeping a young attitude!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am with BFG on this one : Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen (Burnout ...absolutely love it Very Happy )

Combo of topicals and actives: Retin A, AHA/BHAs, copper petides, LAA Vit C, antioxidant serums, trying out EGF by medik8, HA serums. Geez sounds like a lot but I usually don't layer more than 2 (not including sunscreen) but alternate as my skin tends to like change.

Devices: Micro needling just started, LED, home microdermabrasion device. Facials, peels and microdermabrasion at salon too, now and then. I've used Nuface microcurrent but don't feel it works or does anything for me.

Other: Dermal fillers in upper cheeks and tear troughs (it is the only thing that has fixed my bags under my eyes)

Botox for migraines and frownies but not too regularly, maybe once or twice a year.

Supplements: Omega 3.6.9 supplement, Vit C, Iron picolonate, probiotics, temporarily on testosterone (yep I'm low for a female lol) All diagnosed and prescribed.

I am a firm believer that many of us (I'm guilty too in the past ) take the wrong supplements because we "think" we need them. Best to go get extensive blood work to see what you need.
Very Happy
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
mmm? I cross train my skin. not on purpose..i just get into one thing..then go onto another. then go back to that thing that worked that one time.. so on..and so forth.

I think years of having fun working on my skin has just paid off.. here's a list of all that I've done and liked.

retin a
laser treatments
obaji
tca peels from Make up artists choice
clarsonic ***** (love it)
vacu lifter
led lights
cure
CeRave moisture
copper peptides (used for three years now)
lattise
sunscreen
supplements. liquid vit b 12, msm. vit c...krill oil.

two things of late that i love .. 5hpt..for lifting my mood and giving me to a good night's sleep. and slow release magnesium (i take both at night). They are incredible for a full night of rest.
Angelina Ballerina
5% products discount

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm a Paula's Choice girl.

Nighttime routine:

Cleanse using Clarisonic (PC Moisture boost)
Exfoliate (usually 2% or 9% BHA)
Hydroquinone lightener (with 10% AHA)
Retinoid (I alternate retin A, differin, and Retinol)
Antioxidant serum
Moisturise

Daytime, if just knocking about at home:

Cleanse
Tinted moisturiser or BB cream
Tinted lipbalm
Vaseline aloe moisturiser/sunscreen for body

Weekly 10% glycolic acid peel
Occasional Vit C peel

Botox for horizontal forehead line 3X per year

Broken facial capillaries zapped with laser 2x per year
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Vits/supps:

Multi with 200mg co-q10
melatonin,dhea,pregnenolone,vit.C,reishi,stinging nettle,muira puama,fo-ti,EGCg extract,green coffee extract,beta-alanine,astaxanthin,fish oil caps,lutein,lycopene,k2(mk7,mk4 plus others)magnesium,P5P,1/2asprin,benfotiamine,shilajit extract,lithium orotate,biotin,zinc,boron,probiotics,acetyl-l-carnitine,NAC,glucosamine,taurine,full spectrum E,garlic,creatine,whey protein, d3 (5000iu)
Most supps I buy from Swanson,vitacost,beyondacentury,or iherb.
I take these supps in the amounts that have been shown to have an actual effect. Not just trace amounts.

Diet:

Mainly paleo type diet

Skincare:

Purple Prairie sunscreen with added tint (1/4tsp for face as well as neck) half that amount for each hand.
Long sleeve shirts, wide brim hat, oversized sunglasses.
Tretinoin every other nite, copper peptide serum every other nite, DIY Skinceuticals CE Ferulic 6 days week, DIY NAG/Niacinamide serum, Cerave PM, Emu oil, Buriti oil, NAPCH
Ageless 3-4 nites week, Combo lactic/glycolic peel once every 4-6 weeks, dermaroll every 6 weeks (2.0mm face, 1.0mm eyes, 1.5mm neck/hands/arms, single needle acne scars, #11

Let's see...what did I leave out????

Laughing

I'm a guy BTW
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Forgot exercise. One day a week is various bodyweight exercises. Another day is weightlifting. 3 times a week I do HIIT on the stationary bike
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Body: exercise, dry brushing, yoga. Daily inversions (recirculate the blood)

Face/Neck/Hands/Chest: Lactic Acid, Niacinamide, CPs, MAP, Vitamin A, Rhassoul Clay, avocado oil, AALS, Dermaroller (product penetration only now).
I love: Skinactives, Osmosis, Rainwater Botanicals, Gratefulbody, Glorybe Herbals, Eucerin, Stemutone and Skin Biology.

Diet: no processed food; the best tip I ever got from a trainer that has made a HUGE difference is that I eat 1 gram of protein per 1 pounds lean body weight. Boy, that is hard to do but I look and feel better than ever.

Supplements: cant ever remember to take pills. Just try to have a good diet! I know I eat tons of Vitamin C, Zinc and A based on the fruit and veggies I eat!

Hair: the next frontier for me on the anti-aging. My hair is getting drier and thinner. I have never been blessed with a full head of hair. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
cleanser - Image total cleanser 1x per day

Clarisonic 3x per week (because I forget)

Dermaloigca - Daily microfoliant 2x per week

Image Maxx Serum AM

Image Maxx Serum PM or retin-a or NeoCutis BioGel.

Eye cream - either dermalogica age reversal eye cream or neocutis eye balm Luminere

1 IPL every 3 weeks

Hydrafacial every 4 weeks

Dysport every 4-5 months

Blue light or red light LED - 3 min every few days

RF Alma XL every 4 weeks on face or body

Nuface once a month (laziness...no wait! busy not lazy)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add my SPF! I was using Image Ultimate SPF but just got Neocutis Journee SPF. I have used it 3 days so I can't say yet if I love it. For $80 a bottle, I plan to use every drop unless it breaks me out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
This is what I currently use/do regularly.

Boots baby lotion (used 40+ yrs)
Jason aloe vera
La Roche-Posay
Lightstim
Dry brushing
Sunscreen (though too much means no Vit D!)
Vitamin C/Vitamin B complex
Facial exercises (a few favourites)

Aqua aerobics
Zumba
Tennis

Smiling
Have friends of all ages

I am about to start weight training at a gym. I have various bits of exercise equipment at home but don't use any consistently (although I believe any exercise is better than nothing!).

And every morning I look in a particular mirror in a particular lighting to see if anything's changed - or missing! Laughing
flasht75

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Supplements-pycnogenol, resveratrol, hyaluronic acid, omega 3, vit C,D3,multi, and iodine.
I use Image products and give myself a chemical peel once a month. Also do microdermabrasion, use a Clarisonic, and LED light therapy. Just got the Tripollar Stop for some rf treatments.
Regularly use retin-a with hydroquinone, AHA topicals and Rx acne topicals as needed.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention botox-I get it a few times a year for my 11's between my brows Wink

5% products discount

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I get my HGH from oleda.com. The name was changed from HGH to Hormone Booster. It appears to be the same product. I can definitely see a difference when I use it. My skin appears thicker and I have more tightening and muscle tone throughout my body.

While at the Oleda website, look around. This woman looks amazing for her age. Her site is an anti aging site.

I got my Neckline Slimmer from Amazon. It can also be purchased from the company's website. It is a small plastic device with insertable coiled springs. The device is used to exercise the neck and jawline. It is used for a few minutes twice a day. It does work for me. Read the reviews on Amazon before purchasing.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I remember Oleda Baker from when I was a kid. She advertised hair vitamins I think. She had long, thick, blonde hair. She still looks the same. Claims not to have had plastic surgery but she does look like she has cheekbone implants or filler/fat because that area is much more prominent than it was. Still, amazing and now is 78. Her husband looks to be her age but looks like an old man. You think he'd follow some of her anti-aging tips.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Bad Grin You think he'd follow some of her anti-aging tips.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Okay, checking out this neckline slimmer. Does it work?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Might help a little to know the age of people along with their routine?

I used to have a routine but I fell off the wagon. Just been doing pieces of it kind of when I can. I think I will have to recreate one and this thread seems like a good motivation.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |