Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
omg! beautyblogger's horrible reaction to facial (pics)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
words couldn't express my shock after someone
showed me this link

http://bunbunmakeuptips.com/my-horrific-post-facial-experience-you-need-to-read-this/

negligence? unsterile tools? product(s) used?
dunno...whole situation's horrible!!
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this on Makeupalley last night, and my heart broke for her, but I have to admit I was sort of annoyed when I read this:

Quote:
This ordeal has shed light to the fact that actually, there could be plenty of reasons why people look… well, different. Most of the time, they didn’t choose to look like that, they were just born this way. This person has probably seen more skin doctors in her life than I’ve seen a GP for a cold; that person probably has gone through years of depression due to low self-confidence from bad skin but has emerged stronger and immune to the stares of people; the other person probably has skin so sensitive she breaks out from the sheerest of makeup.
There are reasons why people are like that. I have learnt not to judge people by the result of their actions. I will learn to see more of what’s inside a person – a good nature, a pure heart, a fighter.

Like, really? It took you a terrible allergic reaction to realize that some people have horrible acne and other skin conditions that, despite their absolute best efforts (and literally thousands upon thousands spent), they might not be able to heal? I'm sorry, as someone with severe psoriasis (who has to spend about $2,000/month to look "normal,") this really bugged me. I guess I shouldn't be so naive- most people ARE extremely judgmental until something hits close to home for them. Sad

All that being said, I am SO sorry for this poor girl- that is an absolute NIGHTMARE, not something I'd wish on anyone. My heart breaks for her, and as I said, I say that as someone with a severe skin condition myself.

One thing I don't understand- why the willingness to name the doctor she went to, but not where she received the facial??
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Same sentiments here ellaelise. I was wondering this same question. Why she did not name the salon/spa who did this to her face? If I did not get good service from a doctor, I go to get a second opinion from another doctor but I don't get that upset. Doctors have different training, some are good, some are not....

ellaelise wrote:

One thing I don't understand- why the willingness to name the doctor she went to, but not where she received the facial??
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
ellaelise wrote:
I saw this on Makeupalley last night, and my heart broke for her, but I have to admit I was sort of annoyed when I read this:

Quote:
This ordeal has shed light to the fact that actually, there could be plenty of reasons why people look… well, different. Most of the time, they didn’t choose to look like that, they were just born this way. This person has probably seen more skin doctors in her life than I’ve seen a GP for a cold; that person probably has gone through years of depression due to low self-confidence from bad skin but has emerged stronger and immune to the stares of people; the other person probably has skin so sensitive she breaks out from the sheerest of makeup.
There are reasons why people are like that. I have learnt not to judge people by the result of their actions. I will learn to see more of what’s inside a person – a good nature, a pure heart, a fighter.

Like, really? It took you a terrible allergic reaction to realize that some people have horrible acne and other skin conditions that, despite their absolute best efforts (and literally thousands upon thousands spent), they might not be able to heal? I'm sorry, as someone with severe psoriasis (who has to spend about $2,000/month to look "normal,") this really bugged me. I guess I shouldn't be so naive- most people ARE extremely judgmental until something hits close to home for them. Sad

Could not agree more. I read her blog too - she seems incredibly immature.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that those pictures were horrible. I can feel my skin itch just thinking about it.

She looks pretty young so her immaturity isn't a super big surprise.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 am      Reply with quote
we are both from the country. Ermm she is not that pretty young already. in my country is just young still to some men is considered old.

but like your mentioned why not name the facial place too? but a miracle isn't it before and after makeup? without makeup she looks quite ermmm...

she did mention that the facial was sponsored maybe it was free of charge by the salon so she could not put the name down?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 am      Reply with quote
After both my Fraxel Laser and CO2 laser I had similar breakouts, but not to that severe of degree.
Both derms that did them said that with sensitive skin it can bring things to the surface and especially if you tend to suffer from cold sores. I had to take a medication (Zovirax?) for both that and an antibiotic to calm it down. It took about 2-3 months for it all to subside and the breakouts to stop. Now I have to take the medications 4-5 days before any procedure like that.
I would not wish that on anyone though, her reaction was so very extreme and it sounds like no one knew how to get a handle on it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
:P thats what my face always looked like until I started taking care of it...it was awwwwful,only mine wernt all white I had a lot of darker or red acne and some white,so I know that feels terrible and embarrising haha, I'd go crzy ( well not really but you know) if I got a facial and then that happened,it really takes some effort to get rid of acne..sigh, I wish all of us had perfect skiiiiin haha Smile ...and hair!!
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
i guess after my initial subjective reaction to this girl's blog post
i can't help thinking
why she, as a *beauty-blogger beauty-tip-expert*, wouldn't want to further investigate,
or at least have her local/municipal authorities investigate,
as to exactly what was the real cause of her predicament and share those results with her on-line audience...

maybe it's a country-cultural-political thing?

dunno
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
But skincare isn't an exact science, is it? I would think that we're all at risk both being treated and giving treatments. Who can say who's going to have a bizarre reaction to something which is perfectly acceptable to everyone else? I don't know whether it'd be fair to name the salon until it is proven that they did do something quite wrong, like unsterile equipment or expired products. (She definitely does need to have the place looked into.) The doctor she did give specific examples of he and his office being negligent and unprofessional.

Her condition is pretty extreme though. I don't know what to think about what could have caused something like that. I've suffered through some bad zits, but never anything anywhere close to that.. that is some serious irritation. Its almost like something must have burned her skin for it to erupt to that extent. But it didn't look like there was any evidence of the impending doom immediately after the procedure?

And about her being immature... people, especially pretty, privileged people who might tend to associate with only other pretty, privileged people (haha), I'd imagine live very sheltered lives. It makes me think of some of the rich, beautiful snobs I went to highschool with! I'm sure they could afford great skincare products and weekly facials and makeovers, and were looking at my teenage acne & lack of hoity toity treatment and makeup and thinking I was lazy and not caring etc. (Things were different back then & you couldn't Google everything or find super cheap alternatives everywhere). At least she did admit it and say that she's learned from it.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
not exact science? not sure what's meant -
nevertheless, i do like that in the states, at least,
ANY bad reactions that ANY consumer has to a
product(s), regardless of circumstances, can be reported to the FDA and
then they, also, could get involved (or at least they can document additional useful info into their data bases).
helpful link >

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm241820.htm
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
"not an exact science" means that while there are some set rules to follow, much is based on opinions and guesswork. There are a lot of variables that can get in the way.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
not exact science? not sure what's meant -
nevertheless, i do like that in the states, at least,
ANY bad reactions that ANY consumer has to a
product(s), regardless of circumstances, can be reported to the FDA and
then they, also, could get involved (or at least they can document additional useful info into their data bases).
helpful link >

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm241820.htm

True, but I believe she is located in Singapore. That being said, I know that Singapore isn't mainland China and that the products that are sold there are usually pretty good, but I have to wonder if the salon got some fake product from China and that's what did her skin in. I feel really badly for her , but it will eventually go away, as long as she doesn't continue to have extractions done (which can leave large pores and scars).

The worse thing about the pics is that the pustules look painful. I'd have trouble keeping my hands off of my face (I'm a picker...lol) if that were me. I can't believe the amount of the rash...and how quickly it all erupted. I wonder which products were used.

I would think that her best course of action would be to steam her face using some soothing medicinal herbs several times to open her pores and coat with an antibiotic ointment (and perhaps take an oral antibiotic as well).
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
"not an exact science" means that while there are some set rules to follow, much is based on opinions and guesswork. There are a lot of variables that can get in the way.

exactly!!! which is why HAD the events that occurred to her happened in the states there would have been a protocol for her (or any one in her unfortunate position) to take the opinions-and-guesswork OUT of the paradigm and report to a U.S. federal agency. read the gov consumer link ^

bullet875, i knew she was located in singapore based on reading her blog page i posted. I reiterate that i DO LIKE that in the states we have a federal safety measure which may or may not exist in other countries. i thought the same thing re: products used on her and their source.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure an ointment would be as good as so many use petroleum gel in them and your skin can not breathe.

I think something like a antibacterial first aid spray like bactine and then a antibacterial cream like tea tree oil could help.

The bactine spray is antibacterial, but also helps w redness, sunburn and has stuff for pain in it.

And maybe also using a clay mask to dry out the skin could help too?

My skin ended up with several stubborn blemishes in the past 2 months and this is what helped the most for me.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I am not sure an ointment would be as good as so many use petroleum gel in them and your skin can not breathe.

I think something like a antibacterial first aid spray like bactine and then a antibacterial cream like tea tree oil could help.

The bactine spray is antibacterial, but also helps w redness, sunburn and has stuff for pain in it.

My skin ended up with several stubborn blemishes in the past 2 months and this is what helped the most for me.

That's a good point. I thought that Neosporin might be good because, not only does the skin look infected and angry, the skin around the pustules looks dry. Tea tree would be a good thing to try. I use that myself over Neosporin...Neo is my last resort before a visit to the doctor.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I would not mess around and get to a reputable dermatologist. Cortisone, prednisone, antibiotics, biafine and an anti-herpes medicine can all help, but an RX is needed. Having been there on the small scale, it is overwhelming and heartbreaking and near impossible to treat on your own (in that large a scale).
But it will take a village (and time) to get it handled and healed without scarring. The sooner you can address it the better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
we are both from the country. Ermm she is not that pretty young already. in my country is just young still to some men is considered old.

but like your mentioned why not name the facial place too? but a miracle isn't it before and after makeup? without makeup she looks quite ermmm...

she did mention that the facial was sponsored maybe it was free of charge by the salon so she could not put the name down?

What? Country? OMG!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I saw her post blog as well and really felt for her. I can't imagine how devastating it would be.

I also think it was brave of her to post that. I can't say that I would have done it.

It is a good reminder for people. I have been guilty of it myself. When she first started to have the pustules, the first reaction was to do extractions, which ended up making her poor face worse. When my skin flared up a year ago, I thought it was breaking out. I started to use products to deal with the breakouts and my skin continued to get worse.

Finally a dear friend said - be gentle with your skin. When I switched back to healing, gentle products, my skin improved. If it would have had a voice, I'm sure it would have said - Thank God she finally got the message. Be kind to me and let me heal!!!

Sometimes a break out isn't a break out - but your skin giving you a message that what you are doing to it is too harsh.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
I saw her post blog as well and really felt for her. I can't imagine how devastating it would be.

I also think it was brave of her to post that. I can't say that I would have done it.

It is a good reminder for people. I have been guilty of it myself. When she first started to have the pustules, the first reaction was to do extractions, which ended up making her poor face worse. When my skin flared up a year ago, I thought it was breaking out. I started to use products to deal with the breakouts and my skin continued to get worse.

Finally a dear friend said - be gentle with your skin. When I switched back to healing, gentle products, my skin improved. If it would have had a voice, I'm sure it would have said - Thank God she finally got the message. Be kind to me and let me heal!!!

Sometimes a break out isn't a break out - but your skin giving you a message that what you are doing to it is too harsh.

^^ a very compassionate and wise perspective, Time2Bme
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kath91, that was nice of you to say. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:25 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

That's a good point. I thought that Neosporin might be good because, not only does the skin look infected and angry, the skin around the pustules looks dry. Tea tree would be a good thing to try. I use that myself over Neosporin...Neo is my last resort before a visit to the doctor.

The Bactine spray also has cloves and marojam oil in it- that is what the label on the one I have from Canada.

When I bought the US one it just lists "fragrances" but they smell the exact same...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:38 am      Reply with quote
And the picking is what makes it worse. It is hard to not want to, but then you are left with the red marks. Vicious cycle!
I ended up using a silver colloidal antibacterial ointment called Curad (helps diabetics heal) at the advice of my Doctor and it did really help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
@AnnieR
It's true. I'm always after my daughter not to pick at pimples. This poor girl though - it's not just the look of it she said it is also itchy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
posting the girl's update to her pernicious situation

she's now conferring apparently with a reputable derm-doc

and looking to maybe lawyering-up

her update:

http://bunbunmakeuptips.com/believe-you-will-heal-update-on-my-skin-condition-3/
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |