Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
advice for my sensitive acne prone skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mandaeliz

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! This is my first post and I would like to get some feedback from all the knowledgeable forum members about my current routine. A little background: I have sensitive, acne prone, somewhat oily skin that occasionally has dry patches. My main concerns are managing my acne and preventing aging as much as possible (I am almost 30). I was using CeraVe products, which I hear good things about, but I found multiple times that they were causing small rash like areas of pustules on my face. So, I am switching back to Dermalogica products, which I had success with years ago. Here is my current routine:

AM: Wash with Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel, follow with Dermalogica Active Moist and a bit of the Redness Relief SPF 20 from the Dermalogica line

PM: Use Dermalogica PreCleanse followed by the Special Cleansing Gel with my Clarisonic. Then a 15-20 gentle application of a sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur wash prescribed by my dermatologist. I wait about 15 minutes and apply my full strength Retin-a Micro.

I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, but I am not sure if it is necessary since I am already using Clarisonic and the package says it should not be used with prescription exfoliation products.

For makeup, I use Bare Minerals products, but may end up switching back to Clinique.

I am also taking a variety of supplements for skin care and hair loss.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Your routine sounds great. I sometimes use Dermalogica for my acne prone skin. I also use sulfur products and Retin A, but by day I use products with Salycilic Acid. I'm in my 30's too so have similar concerns about aging and acne. I used to use the Dermalogica Daily Microexfoliant and had mixed feelings. Sometimes my skin would look great after, but sometimes it would get extrememely dry and peeling for days on end. I have oily skin, so that extreme flaking was both painful and ugly. I would caution you to only use it rarely if at all, and to moisturize after. As for makeup, I would stick with mineral. I use Being True mineral compact which is really matte and blends well. A spritz of toner on top makes it set and seem like I'm not wearing makeup at all. It only makes my skin better, I have never broken out from it.
jennybistro
5% products discount

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
The routine is great, but may be you should introduce some simple things which would keep you away from acne. Since acne are natural, you should handle it the same way. Drink lots of water and eat fruits. It will be good for a healthy skin. Also, it will keep the skin hydrated. This is something which has helped me with my oily skin. One of the most effective product I found is MIDO. It is an all natural cotton towelette which I use to remove make up and wipe the oil from the face, as well. It has gradually made my skin less oily.
jennybistro
5% products discount

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Also, introduce some exercise in your routine. It would even help you better.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
adult acne...argh Sad

there should be more lines out there that target those with adult acne who are also concerned about anti-aging because there seems to be a lot of us out there. Adult acne is much trickier than teenage acne. Your routine seems great. I wouldn't switch back to clinique products though. A mineral make-up is a must for acne skin and bare minerals contain SPF which is a must for anti-aging. As far as clarisonic, are you disinfecting your brush after each use? This is important because acne bacteria will stay on the brush. The next time you use your clarisonic, you are spreading those acne bacteria all over your face...same goes for make-up brushes. It's important to give your make-up brushes a good cleaning once in a while.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |