Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Mario Badescu Buffering lotion For Cystic Acne?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Does this work for cystic acne? Anyone used it? I seen reviews on amazon that says it works but on makeupalley many mention it doesn't. They say its a small bottle and its very weird to put on the pimples.

Does it work for inflamed pimple cysts? I seen someone mentioned it works for cysts that hasn't been raised yet but what about cystic acne pimples?

Someone mentioned the drying lotion is for small or regular pimples but the buffering lotion works for those nasty inflamed cysts. But one review from amazon with a lot of likes mentioned it doesn't work for real cystic pimples as he/she said others who said it works for their cystic acne don't truly have cystic acne.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used this particular brand but have used both Kate Sommerville EradiKate and the drying lotion from Platium Skin care and neither worked on cystic acne or even small pimples for me. They are pretty much the same product as MB.

Here a thread about some of their products.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17468

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Does the buffering lotion come in a glass bottle? I ask because I know if you participate in a Mario Badescu skin survey (it just answers questions about your skin), you get a kit full of nice free samples catered to your needs. At first after you finish it it seems like nothing is going to happen but then they email you saying they'd love to send you samples, and they do! I believe they sent me about 8. The only one they said they couldn't send is the drying lotion because it came in a glass bottle. So you could maybe try it that way?

Also, see if there are sample sizes on eBay? That's my absolute favorite way to try a product without having to pay too much cash (I know I can send stuff back, but it's such a hassle- I'd rather spend $6 on a trial size tbh).
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:22 am      Reply with quote
The buffering lotion comes in a plastic dropper bottle.
But they do not have samples of that- prob because you have to shake the product to mix it before using.

I find for me anyways it does work and was also told you can use it before the drying mask as a spot treatment overnight.

If I do that most of my stubborn blemishes are almost gone in a week or two compared to doing nothing and being stuck w similar blemishes for a couple months or at least 4+ weeks.

I had one extremely stubborn and painful blemish I could not put any creams or anything on as it was way too painful.
I was using just spray antiseptic and bactine as that has numbing stuff and 2 months later still have the same breakout only slightly better.
But for me that is rare to even break out like that and I did go to the doctor, derm already.

Also if you order from Badescu you can pick 3 samples, but I have asked for 8+ samples and gotten them before.
-only because I really wanted to try a bunch of stuff.
But it is only good to get so many samples to try stuff- now I do not bother w samples so much as I already know what I like.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, but what I was talking about was a survey you do where you then get 6-8 (I can't remember now) samples catered to your skin's needs and a booklet explaining when and how to use them, not the standard 3+ samples with purchase that most beauty brands do nowadays, though it is good to hear that they're generous with their free samples w/ purchase, like Sephora or Lancome Smile
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this works for real cystic acne? Read someone on amazon.com review post that it doesn't work for real cystic acne and said ppl confuse their acne being cystic when it isn't.

I have a few painful inflamed cystic pimple on my jawline. I currently use benadryl cream for it. Is that bad? It seems to help a bit.

Also, would mario drying lotion be pointless since those are for small pimples but not cystic pimples?
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.acnetreatmentserum.com/cystic/

I have about 3 of these on my face. Two are on the jawline area and one on my cheeks. Would using this work? This is what you call cystic pimple/acne correct?

Would the Mario buffering lotion work for this? I read ppl say it works for cystic acne under the surface but what about this?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |