Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Those who have used Obagi Please Come in!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Now, before you attack (just kidding, this is the kindest forum I've ever found), I'm asking this on behalf of a girlfriend who is ~too kewl~ for internet forums Rolling Eyes. But, here's the thing: Her skin is pretty good. She's early 30s, no real breakouts anymore, but still had redness from past breakouts and when she does get a pimple, the redness stays forever (I feel her on that on for sure) and mild pigmentation, but not a lot. She's already on Retin-A, and I've told her about skin rolling which she absolutely won't do, lol!

So, our question is this: Does she NEED the entire Nu Derm system, or would getting Clear #3 or Blender #5 help her with her pigmentation problems? The thing is, she doesn't have a lot of money at all, and it seems to me that a lot of the other products are basic things that could easily be replaced (gentle facewash, toner, and sunblock).

So, what do you guys think? Would she be okay getting one? If so, which one would she be better off going with? Or should she get both? Or is it a horrible idea to begin with? Thank you guys!
evesora

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I can't really tell you which one is better out of the Clear #3 and the Blender #5, or even if you only need to use one of them, since I use both. However, you definitely do not need the entire Nu Derm system as I've been using the Clear #3 and the Blender #5 for 5 weeks and my pigmentations have faded quite significantly.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! I'm a little confused about what the difference between the Clear #3 and Blender #5 are, other than I know you use Blender with Retin-A, no? I wonder why the need for both? Can someone chime in on this? Or maybe I should actually do some research Rolling Eyes (though I have found that this forum is absolutely the best place to do research, hands down!)

Thank you for your response!!
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Any other Obagi users with an opinion? Please do chime in, no matter what!!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Clear and Blender have slightly different functions. You do not need Blender if you do not use Retin A since Blender acts as a delivery agent for Retin A.

P.S.: Check the following blog: http://careprost-eyelash-growth-serum.blogspot.fr/2012_08_01_archive.html
It contains a list of Obagi products and their lower-cost alternatives.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you guys. One more thing- I've read that you shouldn't mix the Blender with Retin-A MICRO since Micro is technically a gel (even though it has a creamy consistency IMO), but I've heard several Nu Derm users (on this board and elsewhere) say they've used it with Retin-A Micro with no problem. What do you think?
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
P.S. Thank you so much for that link!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |