Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dark spots on my body
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just couple of days ago I have found that my body is coverd with dark red itchy lesions...

When I went to a dermatologist he stated that its dry skin however i am not quite convinced. he gave me some ointment and i used it couple of times however they are not going away they are getting a bit worse.

I then thought that it might be something hormonal.. I was wodering if there is any product form any type of skin line that would help me out with it.. I want something that will not be messy and time consuming. My twins are all i can handle at this time. (hahaha)
Doubt

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Well, I tend to use Decleor Harmonie Essentielle for any types of skin rashes or reactions. It works *very* well and I always have a tube of this on hand just in case.

However, since you said that this is getting worse, I would actually go back to the doctor (or a different one) and get it checked out again.
gaffer
5% products discount

Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
don't be scared but i hope you do not have scabbies. do you have kids in school? my parents both worked in medicine and they were working in a hospital that had a scabbies outbreak, which then went into the local highschool. the local drugstore couldnt't keep up with the calamine or whatever it is they use. ask another doctor. i get dry skin and i just get dry and maybe itchy but not that. good luck.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I think this is the stuff I get on my legs (it truly *is* just extremely dry skin)...I made a post on it a couple weeks back. If your problem is the same as mine, I’ve found that a hydrocortisone cream is the trick to getting rid of them. Apply the cream to each spot/lesion a couple times a day. Good luck!
Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Yes I went to another doctor and they precribed hydrocortisone and so far it works very well..

kings

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Then it was just as I thought – your ‘lesions’ are the same as my horrible scaly patches on my legs. A word of warning though: it’s been my experience that you’ll have to continue applying the hydrocortisone cream to the affected areas even after they’ve healed/disappeared because the evil little spots can come back in the blink of an eye!! It’s absolutely horrid; I never knew that dry skin could look like that....I’m glad the cream is working for you, though. Here’s hoping we both can keep our skin well moisturized in future to keep the condition at bay!!
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
My mom had this problem and while the hydrocortisone worked to get rid of the spots, she had some good doctor recommendations for keeping them away. There's a product called Robathol that's an oil that has no lanolin, color, fragrance, or "anything" that's extremely hydrating and makes your skin really soft and smooth when you add it to bathwater. I also pat my body with it after baths or showers every now and then because it makes me really soft. After bathing or patting with it, apply a lotion called Amlactin (it's a body lotion that she uses... I forget what's in it, but you don't need a prescription for it) and that has kept her from getting the spots back. I was advised to do that same thing when my skin was dry and itchy a while back, and I've moved on to other products (except for the oil!) and have been fine ever since. Smile
Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
good to know.. i will try to find it here in toronto. Will let you know how it works for me.

thank you very much. you all have been a great help
kinga. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your problems Kinga. I hope you can get them under control and they dont return. My understanding of hydrocortisone cream is that it thins the skin with excess use, so use sparingly.

Wow, twins Kinga Well done from getting through 24 a days and starting all over again.
Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi

Thank you so much.. you want to borrow them for a week. (hahaha)

I know that the cream makes your skin look like shoe leather if you overdo it so i will be extra careful

thank you all so much

kinga. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
-rusalka- wrote:
My mom had this problem and while the hydrocortisone worked to get rid of the spots, she had some good doctor recommendations for keeping them away. There's a product called Robathol that's an oil that has no lanolin, color, fragrance, or "anything" that's extremely hydrating and makes your skin really soft and smooth when you add it to bathwater. I also pat my body with it after baths or showers every now and then because it makes me really soft. After bathing or patting with it, apply a lotion called Amlactin (it's a body lotion that she uses... I forget what's in it, but you don't need a prescription for it) and that has kept her from getting the spots back. I was advised to do that same thing when my skin was dry and itchy a while back, and I've moved on to other products (except for the oil!) and have been fine ever since. Smile
I've never heard of either of those products...dare I hope that since you're also in TX, that these products are available here in the U.S.??? Please, please, please!
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yep!! They are available in the US!! Unfortunately not at Ye Olde Neighborhood Walgreens, but almost any pharmacy that also sells products in their shop will carry them. Usually, if you track down a compounding pharmacy, or a mom and pop style one, they'll carry them 98% of the time. The RoBathol retails for about $11 for a large bottle, and it feels soooo nice on the skin! The Amlactin you can just directly ask the pharmacist if they carry it. It's over the counter and readily available, I just don't know how much that one costs since my mom usually picks it up for me for times when my bodily skin gets dry or acts up... heh. Wink
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Yippee-ki-ay!! I found both products at Dermadoctor.com, so I guess I’ll be placing an order if I can’t find it at my local mom&pop drugstore...the Robathol is $9.99USD and the Amlactin is $11.99USD. Thanks a bunch for this advice – I thought I was destined to be afflicted with these nasty dry skin patches for the rest of my life....
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow... I think I may have to order from there, too!! Very Happy

With the Robathol, add about 2 capfuls to a warm bath, or just pat some all over your body when you get out of your bath or shower. I was told to pat my body with it before drying off, and then patting dry with a towel. My mom doubled the moisturizing effect by adding a packet of the Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal (the fully powdered) bath soak in the water with it. I'd highly recommend that, too. On a side note, before I discovered the Kiss My Face moisture shave, I used the Robathol oil for shaving since I'm highly sensitive and prone to razor burn, and it really really helped. I think you'll really like it all around. If it doesn't help you out completely, it will at least drastically lessen your need to use the hydrocortisone (I get a patch of it on the inside of one of my fingers that originated from an unknown allergy, and there are good products out there that don't use cortisone.) But it's done amazing things for my mom and I, so I hope it returns the same results for you! Good luck with it all!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |