Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Phillips ReAura Fraxel Laser... Dangerous, Do NOT Buy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
willondon79

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, be careful before wasting your money.
This device has literally burnt my skin, and sadly to say, premaritally!!

I had a long legal battle with Phillips who has just recently agreed to give me some money (as an act of good will), because the ReAura has caused my skin to develop a Melasma....a large patch of pigmentation on my right check.

Phillips paid for dermatologist appointments, and some treatments, but so far, the patch is still there.

I wish I had never bought this machine.
Think twice before buying it.
It has ruined my skin!!!!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry that this happened to you willondon79... do you have dark skin by any chance?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry you are dealing with this willondon. I hope someone has provided an explanation for why it occurred and how to help correct things.

Another note - hopefully you'll be back to post and share and learn with us. Our site is so universal. We also have men here in addition to ladies and some of our guys use all the things the ladies do. It's great fun and we try to help each other.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...can you please share some more info about your skin type and usage of the laser?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am really sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with this device.

I haven't had any problems with the Philips ReAura, it works well, I get great results and I haven't seen any negative effects.

I have had my ReAura since they released it in the UK.

In fact I would say the ReAura, Tria and Pico Toner, are the three best devices I have purchased, so far!

PQ

5% products discount

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I think one must be very careful using terms like 'dangerous' and 'do not buy'. The ReAura has been co developed by Fraxel and Fraxel has actually been FDA approved for the treatment of Melasma. See here http://www.fraxel.com/physician/fraxel-science/clinical-details. The ReAura can be most closely compared to the Fraxel Refine, the company's most gentle clinic based system. I am a home ReAura user and like Photoqueen bought one at launch in 2011. I am delighted with the results and take huge comfort from the many rigorous clinical studies and FDA approvals it has received.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
That being said, not every device is suitable for every person. I read a very bad review of ReAura last spring (2012) on Skincaretalk. That individual was a person of colour, and at the time I thought that might be the problem as laser can be unsuitable for certain complexions.

It is devastating to the one who has had tragic results in the pursuit of an improved visage.

I love my ReAura and for me it has been very effective, but it does not address every problem, nor is it suitable for every person.

I do think it is very well designed with regard to safety - IMO it would be impossible to burn one's eye, or to give too extensive a treatment with the built in safeguards. I think Philips and Fraxel have done a stellar job in terms of safety.

willondon 79, you have my full sympathy for any damage that you have and it is good of you to share your cautionary tale with the members of this forum. That is part of what makes an informed decision.
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes but 'dangerous' and 'do not buy'? Of course not every product/device is going to suit everyone but I just think some caution is needed when using sweeping statements. That is the point I was making Smile

mismis wrote:
That being said, not every device is suitable for every person. I read a very bad review of ReAura last spring (2012) on Skincaretalk. That individual was a person of colour, and at the time I thought that might be the problem as laser can be unsuitable for certain complexions.

It is devastating to the one who has had tragic results in the pursuit of an improved visage.

I love my ReAura and for me it has been very effective, but it does not address every problem, nor is it suitable for every person.

I do think it is very well designed with regard to safety - IMO it would be impossible to burn one's eye, or to give too extensive a treatment with the built in safeguards. I think Philips and Fraxel have done a stellar job in terms of safety.

willondon 79, you have my full sympathy for any damage that you have and it is good of you to share your cautionary tale with the members of this forum. That is part of what makes an informed decision.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
TP, definitely not opposing your point, very well expressed. Just adding my 2 cents.

Most people here know just how ardently I support the Philips product, based on my experience. But it is just that - MY experience - no more valid than anyone else's.

In the interests of keeping this forum as open as possible it is valuable to have all opinions based on any individual's experiences available to those who are contemplating a purchase. This keeps things balanced. We may save some from a less than positive experience.

I would like to hear a bit more about Willondon's personal problems with the device so that we could at least see where there may be problems for others. Willondon, can you help us here? Since you are so definite in not recommending this device, can you tell the members of this forum what the problem is - As you have been awarded damages this should be straight forward.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I would love to read more on the experience so that I can make proper decision if I want to buy this.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like the OP is just doing a negative post drive-by across multiple places on the web, without giving full details.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering the same Bethany. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
It looks like the OP is just doing a negative post drive-by across multiple places on the web, without giving full details.

I thought this too.

I wonder if it is a strange kind of joke? Wink
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
bethany wrote:

I thought this too.

I wonder if it is a strange kind of joke? Wink

Very odd post, not much detail, or background to why they posted on here?

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, possibly a kind of trolling, wanting to muddy the waters about a good product?

Perverse!

Or perhaps the poster will return with some information which is actually solid and reliable.

As it stands, its fearmongering and of no actual use to anybody. Confused
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is why I posted that I am interested to know what exactly was the issue from OP.
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting. A forum post Willondon made in Jan http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6492741&highlight=#649274. Says here he developed two mild Melasma while on Accutane, a very strong acne treatment which makes you more sensitive to uv/sun. Strange that ReAura is now being blamed for same?
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I like my Reaura fine. Bought it a couple months ago, only used it about four times so far, as after I bought it I decided to use some other things first and then add it in to my regimen a bit later. It could definitely be dangerous if someone is not careful with it, but strongly believe the danger is minimal if care is taken.

Skincare, I would not be dissuaded from buying Reaura just from this post/thread. At least read the Reaura thread before making a decision.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:
This is interesting. A forum post Willondon made in Jan http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6492741&highlight=#649274. Says here he developed two mild Melasma while on Accutane, a very strong acne treatment which makes you more sensitive to uv/sun. Strange that ReAura is now being blamed for same?

While on Accutane? Not a good decision there!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
tracey parkes wrote:

While on Accutane? Not a good decision there!

He says in his post above " after a long legal battle with Phillips" If he was using Accutane during the ReAura treatment that could easily be the cause of his burnt skin problems. I was on Accutane 3 times and every Doctor will tell you not to do anything to do with lasers for 6 months after you get off of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:00 am      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:
I think one must be very careful using terms like 'dangerous' and 'do not buy'. The ReAura has been co developed by Fraxel and Fraxel has actually been FDA approved for the treatment of Melasma. See here http://www.fraxel.com/physician/fraxel-science/clinical-details. The ReAura can be most closely compared to the Fraxel Refine, the company's most gentle clinic based system. I am a home ReAura user and like Photoqueen bought one at launch in 2011. I am delighted with the results and take huge comfort from the many rigorous clinical studies and FDA approvals it has received.

I couldn't agree more. I don't like these "hysterical" types of posts which provide absolutely no evidence of what actually happened. Unfortunately, people read them and then form a knee-jerk decision against the device - which I believe is one of the most useful home-use tools on the market.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
tracey parkes wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I don't like these "hysterical" types of posts which provide absolutely no evidence of what actually happened. Unfortunately, people read them and then form a knee-jerk decision against the device - which I believe is one of the most useful home-use tools on the market.

Keliu,

Do you remember all the trouble I went to send your ReAura to you, how much bubble-wrap did I use....... but the chocolates you sent me were lovely, not sure if I ever thanked you for them.

Thanks again,

PQ
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me the estimate price of ReAura in Canadian dollars?
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:27 am      Reply with quote
It's 799 Pound Sterling, that's approximately 1,276.28 CAD.

You can check yourself with a currency converter like this one:

http://www.xe.com/en/currencyconverter/

If I were you I would buy the TRIA - less expensive, available in Canada and according to PQ (who owns and tried both), it gives the same results. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Chiqui65 wrote:
It's 799 Pound Sterling, that's approximately 1,276.28 CAD.

You can check yourself with a currency converter like this one:

http://www.xe.com/en/currencyconverter/

If I were you I would buy the TRIA - less expensive, available in Canada and according to PQ (who owns and tried both), it gives the same results. Smile

I've read that you have to use it daily. I don't mind, but hard to fit in my routine.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |