Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
vit c causing fine lines/stopped using peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tommycat

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:00 am      Reply with quote
wondering if anybody out there can help me...
i'm worried vit c caused fine lines under eyes. I'm confused though, b/c they could have also appeared b/c i stopped using peptides. i have used vit c under eyes off/on for about 6 months w/out any problems. recently used it for maybe 3-5 days once a day. i also use tea bags on my eyes but have done that for years. wondering if the tea bags plus vit c caused too much dryness which created problems, or the new fine lines all over are b/c i stopped using peptides a couple months ago which i have used for about a year.
i'm pretty depressed b/c i previously did not have so many fine lines.
any advice would help! thank you
tommycat

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am      Reply with quote
sorry, forgot to mention that it was 5% vit c...nothing stronger.
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:51 am      Reply with quote
What was the reason you started using vit c in the frist place? have you used vit c on the other parts of the face? A number of reasons could be responsible for the formation of fine lines.
tommycat

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for replying! i started using vit c mainly for "maintenance" purposes and only under my eyes...la roche posay. i think i've since figured out is was a combination of things that dried the hell out of the skin under my eyes. Crying or Very sad it was partially due to stopping peptides (mad hippie) and maybe using cerave pm twice a day sometimes. apparently my skin can't handle too much niacinamide. i stopped using everything and applied sea buckthorn seed oil until the crepiness mostly went away. i have a weird fear of vit c now, even though i don't think it's what caused the problem after all!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I had no idea CeraVe PM had niacinamide in it...thanks for mentioning that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to research using La Roche Posay Active C around my eyes again. Years ago I did a half face experiment and the side with this product looked better. When I started using CPs years ago, I stopped the C. There was something about it making CPs ineffective. Then I thought I read later you are supposed to use C at the same time. Have no idea. Thoroughly confused!
tommycat

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
i've since stopped using actives (not worth the risk b/c my skin is so sensitive) on my face and have been using a mixture of sea buckthorn seed oil, jojoba oil, and helichrysum...sometimes add other eo's too. i had such a hellish experience trying to figure out why my skin was freaking out that i've sworn off most skincare products. there are so many horror stories about certain ingredients, whether or not they can be combined, etc. that i just can't bring myself to use them for now. it's too bad b/c the cerave did wonders for my rosacea and skin texture.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Its probably irritation and the resulting dehydration- when I did not moisturize enough using Vitamin C it would crack when I smiled.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Its probably irritation and the resulting dehydration- when I did not moisturize enough using Vitamin C it would crack when I smiled.

That is interesting...we have had a LOT of people complaining of new wrinkles lately since using Vit C serums.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:33 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I had no idea CeraVe PM had niacinamide in it...thanks for mentioning that!

This is a good thing for those of us who like niacinamide!
tommycat

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
yes, cerave pm is actually a great product when used properly. it helped w/ multiple issues for me - blackheads, broken caps, redness, pores...i might try it again in the future, and maybe only use it every other day only at night. i think i was using too many actives at once, vit c included i now realize.
as for the vit c issues, i've sworn any type of vit c off for good b/c i have also read a lot of complaints about it being too dehydrating, causing fine lines etc. it seems like topicals are just getting stronger and stronger?
i really like the oil mixture i'm using now anyway - has really helped my neck area.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |