Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Washing face after Jessner Peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
x_Stella_x

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I went to a salon here in Tampa, FL for a Jessner peel and have had 2 so far. My question is this: should you wash the Jessner solution off of the face right after the peel?

The reason why I ask is that I was researching the Jessner since I was going to start doing it at home and most instructions say to leave the solution on your face for 4-5 hours (some even say 8-12 hours) before washing it. I did find a couple that said to wash/rinse it after you see frosting though.

There seems to be some conflicting ideas of how long to leave it on. Any input would be welcome, I definitely don't want to mess up with a chemical peel!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
What did they tell you at the salon?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
At the salon she washed my face immediately and didn't leave the solution on when I left.

She said not to wash my face for 2 days and no moisturizer for 2 days either, just sunscreen.

The directions from other sites and videos from salons online say to leave the solution on for several hours before washing it off and say to put neosporin or something similar on the face immediately after and for the first couple of days.

Definitely conflicting accounts of what to do.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
You wash it off after frosting appears. You should never leave it on for 4 or 5 hours. If you buy peels form Makeup artist choice they include good instructions with all their peels. The sell Jessner's plus all other kinds of peels. Here is a link to the Jessner's.

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/MUAC-Jessner-Revitalizing-Peel_p_171.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I would call the place in Tampa and find out the name of the brand that was used and ask for emailed aftercare instructions. You don't know if it was a true Jessners, modified jessners, lite jessners etc so get it straight from them.
We do peels at my spa and always send people home with written instructions. It is hard to remember every little detail! The not washing for 2 days sounds odd. Maybe they wanted to say very gentle cleansing for the first 2 day s.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I didn't think it weird at first but then when I started reading up on Jessner's peels after this last time it seemed strange.

That is a good idea about getting the instructions from the maker of the peel! I didn't even think of that, hopefully they will tell me which kind they are using on me.

After this second peel I did wash my face gently on the evening of day 2 and put neosporin on my face. It feels MUCH better than the first peel where I did no wash and no moisture for 2 days.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |