Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Neck cording
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Help me! I'm shrinking! Lolololololol!!! Shock

(That's me in those tiny photos)

Christine

Christine don't get me started again with the giggles Image
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I just did a little research on these neck cords and the official name of them is platysmal bands. Here is an "official" photo of them from a dermatologist's website:

They ARE caused by weak neck muscles and neck exercises can help. Here are some that are said to be helpful:

Exercises to Improve Platysmal Muscle Banding

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:43 am      Reply with quote
We got to get technical here – sorry people but so much just irritates me big time about what is being said here. Look at Margarita first photo– look at the eye level to the camera, now look at the last photo. Secondly look at the actual camera focus, first two photos are large and magnified somewhat, the last photo is more further back. There’s no denying she has good skin quality in the last photo either, but I do not see that in as not being visible in the first two, but just displayed differently. The angle of the shot, the lighting etc will all create a different effect period. Its not to say the exercises she has been doing haven’t had any effect, but have they reversed the neck cording – I am doubtful and can’t see a close up photo to agree with the poster on that one. People have a right to ask questions – it is called freedom of speech.

In looking at Karen’s photos there are some changes, but if we are talking about neck cords then you have to look at the photos in detail. Photo one, her mouth is closed, she is tensing her neck and her corners are turning downwards. Her second photo she is smiling, the photo angle is different to first, and it’s a sharper photo. The final photo (which is lovely) her lips are open, her neck is relaxed and up right, she’s not engaging her mouth to the same extent at the first two photos. I have no doubt that exercising and massaging the neck will remove tension which is highly beneficial and maybe that’s what Karen has done but I do not see any removal of neck cords as you seem to be indicating.

The “lame” excuse of lighting comment amuses me somewhat, because when you are talking about faces and results, people will look for proof that they work. Lighting makes a huge different, we’ve seen enough examples on the forum before about how changing the angles or depth of it can have dramatic effects.

I too am grateful for Christine and her receptiveness, and she doesn’t go into attack when she’s asked logical questions about things like lighting etc.

I have in the past posted photos not just on EDS but elsewhere too ,and am not nit picking but given honest feedback and wanting there to be open sharing across the board. This is something that’s needed by all facial exercise programs and I’m not aiming it at any one in particular. I’ve voiced these before, how can we expect face exercises to catch on when people notice there is trickery and manipulation involved in the results that are being posted.

I know Lala, but I also know that part of her results wasn’t just to face exercises but the fact that she completely overhauled her diet and started using natural products etc and her results are fantastic, but they are over a period of time, and sure there are improvements but I do not see complete eradication of all neck cords.

As for the jack of all trades comment please. Even program creators do their programs based on how they get results for their own faces, and no two faces are alike. So some people find they want to add to an existing program they are doing and if it gives them results who cares – it is not doing anyone any harm.

Why would you think that people who make claims like "cords cannot be eliminated" are doing a program that is limited in its abilities? Let me guess, they are making an excuse and don’t want to undo the neck cording right – give me a break. May also cost them the mastery of any program – again what rubbish. Even program creators change their programs, all the greats have Eva Fraser updates her stuff regularly and teaches it regularly too and now has qualified trainers who do the same. Same with Maggio, same with Carolyn, same with Deb.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:47 am      Reply with quote
They may be caused by weak muscles and theres no doubt exercises can help but remove them completely I'm still not so sure about.

Even Tom Haggerty said recently in a post on his forum "but once platysmal bands are established it might be too late for the magic of facial exercise"

AngelaE8654 wrote:
They ARE caused by weak neck muscles and neck exercises can help. Here are some that are said to be helpful:

Exercises to Improve Platysmal Muscle Banding
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Botox! Around 15 units in each chord and mine are gone.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes, there is definitely a noticeable difference in these women, but I’m not sure it is a positive one – although I understand that results/success/beauty are relative. Maybe it is just the photo, but now there is a “lump” in the center of Margarite’s neck that I find very distracting. The same problem is starting to happen on the last photo of the second woman (Karen?). IMHO both women look BETTER in the middle photos. The woman in the last set of photos has clearly reduced her neck cords, but the result has created a huge “V” in the middle of her neck – again, kind of distracting. So while I agree that the facial exercises have produced a result, it’s not the result that I personally would be looking for, and this is my issue with thin/lean women and facial exercise. It’s important to know when to stop.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
Yes, there is definitely a noticeable difference in these women, but I’m not sure it is a positive one – although I understand that results/success/beauty are relative. Maybe it is just the photo, but now there is a “lump” in the center of Margarite’s neck that I find very distracting. The same problem is starting to happen on the last photo of the second woman (Karen?). IMHO both women look BETTER in the middle photos. The woman in the last set of photos has clearly reduced her neck cords, but the result has created a huge “V” in the middle of her neck – again, kind of distracting. So while I agree that the facial exercises have produced a result, it’s not the result that I personally would be looking for, and this is my issue with thin/lean women and facial exercise. It’s important to know when to stop.

Panda1 your sentiments are like mine used to be when my friend Chuck would admire such necks. I didn't get it because like you, I did not like the bulge, but now I would rather that and be so far from cords than be in the middle and so close to them. Knowing me, I tend to get lazy and lose steam so I may not work out for a while. So if I had a neck like Margarita's final result when I took a hiatus, then I probably would not suddenly find myself with Kirsten's neck.

I used to dislike defined body muscles on women with a passion. They did not look feminine to me at all so I preferred the tone of ballroom dancers to that of fitness models. Now I cannot get over a curvy body that is so toned that you can see muscle definition through the skin. I am obsessed in particular with defined arms as I find "bat wings" so unattractive and since there is a rumor that they are inevitable, I am working hard to get arms like this:

...because I feel the more "cut" they are, the less likely they are to ever look saggy and ugly:

(I do not even find the end result of the surgery this^^ second arm got impressive at all.)

So in a way, you could say I have acquired a taste for extreme tone so that I never have to worry about shapeless sagginess knocking at the door.

Am I the only one who finds some of comments in this thread shallow and draining? So because certain people say things it makes them gospel and we must believe them? What about those who say the opposite, what makes their points invalid when they actually also have proof.

"Face exercises will not lift sag or remove wrinkles"
"You cannot change the body shape you were born with"
"You cannot change hereditary traits"

Blah blah blah...bull! I find it silly that people will take the words of mere mortals as the absolute truth and not even challenge them. Especially when there is evidence that "experts" get it wrong so many times. Tom Hagerty vs Carolyn Cleaves...what makes Tom the authority on the subject? Because he has seen his 5 exercises fail to remove neck cords? The chin exercise and neck exercises in his program which are the two I think touch the neck in any way are like only two of the various neck exercises Carolyn has but Carolyn also adds resistance. Even fawnie made a comment to the effect of how comprehensive she found CFF neck exercises to be. And unlike Tom's few-exercise program, Carolyn's program is dynamic and she is always researching and adding to it as needs arise and clients encounter plateaus or she finds she needs something more to maintain the results she has. That is why she can sing a different tune from Tom and her clients know differently too from naysayers.

As for when I talked of not mastering programs... clearly my point was missed by one. Confused For all who can keep up, surely you know we can't all be Einstein, right? And if simple spelled-out directions cannot be followed accurately, and even when the omission is pointed out that person argues defiantly from a point of ignorance, then surely that person is not cut out to be a Deb or a Carolyn or a Tom. So basically what we have here is a turkey comparing itself to an eagle.

As for the point of Lala doing other things being brought up... Bloody huh? I suppose now we are being told that everyone who eats like Lala and lives like Lala but does not do face exercises will have the same results as Lala. What a bunch of bull! The reason Lala's results are on a face exercise before/after webpage is because she got her results from FACE EXERCISES. Hello?!

How typical! Because someone has failed to acquire what Lala has because the person happens to be all over the place, not following programs accurately so doing them all wrong, and not committing to any program fully to reap anything from it lest she miss the next best thing, she will shamelessly dismiss the achievements of a program and someone's commitment to it as being due to a blinking lifestyle outside of the exercises. Give me a break! Laughing Sour grapes much? What I find amusing is how quick some people are to call others out on their nonsense but can't even smell it when they are the ones dishing it.

And I don't care to hear assessments of how the necks I posted are all due to poses until the one making these claims can show me her own neck pics taken the same day making her neck look like the different pics. Rambling on about nonsense to people with eyes and brains as is being done here would be like pointing at the sky and telling us that it is not blue but rather red and then going on to explain to us that it only looks blue because we are not wearing tinted glasses that would make it look red. Laughing

Anyway, this is my last response to ignorance spewed from a point of limited personal experience and simple gullibility. I prefer to have discussions with people who are actually using their God-given senses and rationale and contributing to the discussion in profound ways not simply babbling as if we are discussing some type of religious dogma.

AngelaE8654 thanks for the article on neck cords and your posts. The Undercover Boss lady had me really wondering if I ever pay attention to necks. I probably would have missed that clue too! I mean, the reason I am smitten with Margaret's neck now is as many times as I have pulled up her page and talked about her eyes, I never once paid attention to her neck until recently. After your posts, I find myself now glancing at necks every time I am around people! LOL
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Botox! Around 15 units in each chord and mine are gone.

Hi Mishey I believe the neck cords you had were those from tension. I am trying to remember where I read it (maybe RealSelf.com) that cords can also stand out from tension in which case Botox can relax them. But once the platysma muscle seperates and is hanging as in old age, I doubt Botox can help. Let me see if I can find the discussion where tension was mentioned...

Er...these sort of touch on it:

http://www.realself.com/question/what-botox-neck-lift

http://www.realself.com/question/normal-vertical-neck-band-the-age-25

http://www.realself.com/question/botox-neck-bands-safety-effectivity-cost

I actually love the answers given by the doctors at the following link because they not only confirm to me that face exercises can work but also they share knowledge without trying to sell us something:

http://www.realself.com/question/loose-neck-muscle-cause
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Am I the only one who finds some of comments in this thread shallow and draining? So because certain people say things it makes them gospel and we must believe them? What about those who say the opposite, what makes their points invalid when they actually also have proof.

* Please can you clarify what proof you have provided because so far the photos you have posted are not proof and far from it. In fact its been pointed out to you why: angles, lighting etc but you seem to not be able to provide anything other than that.

"Face exercises will not lift sag or remove wrinkles"
"You cannot change the body shape you were born with"
"You cannot change hereditary traits"

* Interesting I don’t recall saying anything like that in this thread.

Blah blah blah...bull! I find it silly that people will take the words of mere mortals as the absolute truth and not even challenge them. Especially when there is evidence that "experts" get it wrong so many times. Tom Hagerty vs Carolyn Cleaves...what makes Tom the authority on the subject?

* Tom is an authority on the subject because he really researches things in depth and also because I know you do his exercises I figured you would think him a reputable source. I at no point have made this into a Tom H v Carolyn C – but then again it doesn’t surprise me that you want to turn it into a war. I haven’t heard anything from Carolyn about whether she believes or doesn’t believe neck cords can be removed as you would have people believe. I simply pointed out a statement he made on his forum which anyone can see.

Because he has seen his 5 exercises fail to remove neck cords? The chin exercise and neck exercises in his program which are the two I think touch the neck in any way are like only two of the various neck exercises Carolyn has but Carolyn also adds resistance. Even fawnie made a comment to the effect of how comprehensive she found CFF neck exercises to be. And unlike Tom's few-exercise program, Carolyn's program is dynamic and she is always researching and adding to it as needs arise and clients encounter plateaus or she finds she needs something more to maintain the results she has. That is why she can sing a different tune from Tom and her clients know differently too from naysayers.

* Well that’s great, I didn’t know that Carolyn has said to you or anyone else that her program will remove neck cords. Good to know.

As for when I talked of not mastering programs... clearly my point was missed by one.

*Your point sadly isn’t missed by one, if anything it makes me think you are clearly jumping to assumptions about me, my face and my history and progress. Sadly that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it but its misinformed.
For all who can keep up, surely you know we can't all be Einstein, right? And if simple spelled-out directions cannot be followed accurately, and even when the omission is pointed out that person argues defiantly from a point of ignorance, then surely that person is not cut out to be a Deb or a Carolyn or a Tom. So basically what we have here is a turkey comparing itself to an eagle.

* Oh dear we are on a rampage here aren’t we. Nevermind.

As for the point of Lala doing other things being brought up... Bloody huh? I suppose now we are being told that everyone who eats like Lala and lives like Lala but does not do face exercises will have the same results as Lala. What a bunch of bull! The reason Lala's results are on a face exercise before/after webpage is because she got her results from FACE EXERCISES. Hello?!

* To be clear Lala is a dear friend who I adore but the point I was making – which you clearly missed (strange you can accuse me of that and yet never acknowledge yourself for doing it) is that her changes were not just due to exercises but a complete change to her lifestyle and diet and her progress is great but not just due to facial exercises period. I have no doubt that Lala’s exercising helped her and her neck, but to say that it was only the exercises is completely and utterly wrong, and leads people to an unrealistic expectation.

How typical! Because someone has failed to acquire what Lala has because the person happens to be all over the place, not following programs accurately so doing them all wrong, and not committing to any program fully to reap anything from it lest she miss the next best thing, she will shamelessly dismiss the achievements of a program and someone's commitment to it as being due to a blinking lifestyle outside of the exercises. Give me a break! Sour grapes much? What I find amusing is how quick some people are to call others out on their nonsense but can't even smell it when they are the ones dishing it.

* Strange, how do you know I haven’t achieved what Lala has? I’m all over the place – yet again a bad assumption and one that quite frankly is worrying but says a lot about the poster making the assumption than the person its aimed at. I shamely dismiss the achievement of a program and someone elses commitments to it – and have sour grapes. Hell its not even worth arguing with you on this.

Anyway, this is my last response to ignorance spewed from a point of limited personal experience and simple gullibility. I prefer to have discussions with people who are actually using their God-given senses and rationale and contributing to the discussion in profound ways not simply babbling as if we are discussing some type of religious dogma.

Limited experience – wow that’s an all time low even for you but suffice to say that I am glad people can see your true colours coming out here. I am not the one calling others "mortals" and likening this to religious dogma but then the person doing that is visible to everyone so keep on.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Also Keliu posted a great link in another thread which talks about camera angles, lighting etc:

Keliu wrote:
Here's a rather amusing video with a young girl going from "ugly" to "beautiful". But I thought it demonstrates perfectly how photos can be misleading - especially with before and afters - if the camera angle and lighting is not the same.

Notice how her double chin and nasolabial folds disappear when the angle of the camera changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kXMGrjtP8g
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Noni my chords would show when I talk and smile. They don't pop out while stationary.
I see that in Jane Grote Abell's photos she is animated in all of them. I admit though that her chords stand out more than mine do, but I think botox would help her alot.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Noni my chords would show when I talk and smile. They don't pop out while stationary.
I see that in Jane Grote Abell's photos she is animated in all of them. I admit though that her chords stand out more than mine do, but I think botox would help her alot.

Hi Mishey:

Yes, those are the tension ones. I do see what you mean about Jane Grote Abell as when she is relaxed they don't show:

And I agree with you on Botox being able to relax hers. Smile
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
I used to dislike defined body muscles on women with a passion. They did not look feminine to me at all so I preferred the tone of ballroom dancers to that of fitness models.....

So in a way, you could say I have acquired a taste for extreme tone so that I never have to worry about shapeless sagginess knocking at the door.

I too have never liked to see women with overly defined muscles and looking too masculine - but I now qualify this by saying young women. I think having muscles in senior women is much more attractive than the alternative of slackened skin (and I doubt I'd care whether I looked unfeminine or not, as I think the ageing process tends to de-feminise women anyway), so I am aiming to follow in Ernestine Shepherd's footsteps... Very Happy (who I think retains her femininity anyway).
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
I used to dislike defined body muscles on women with a passion. They did not look feminine to me at all so I preferred the tone of ballroom dancers to that of fitness models.....

I too have never liked to see women with overly defined muscles and looking too masculine - but I now qualify this by saying young women. I think having muscles in senior women is much more attractive than the alternative of slackened skin (and I doubt I'd care whether I looked unfeminine or not, as I think the ageing process tends to de-feminise women anyway), so I am aiming to follow in Ernestine Shepherd's footsteps... Very Happy (who I think retains her femininity anyway).

And I'm the exact opposite. I'm ok with very toned young women, but I think it is aging on older women. It is possible to exercise away the slackened skin without getting too toned. So to each his own:)
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
Tyger wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:

And I'm the exact opposite. I'm ok with very toned young women, but I think it is aging on older women. It is possible to exercise away the slackened skin without getting too toned. So to each his own:)

I was meaning young women with muscles like Madonna - which I find overly toned. And she is still quite young! Once past menopause, it gets harder to pull in slackening skin with just toning exercises that would suffice when younger (even young people can find this a problem when losing weight too quickly). So personally I would rather fill out with more muscle than let the skin hang. I want to continue wearing a swimsuit into my dotage without worrying about sag!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:
Panda1 wrote:
Tyger wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:

I was meaning young women with muscles like Madonna - which I find overly toned. And she is still quite young! Once past menopause, it gets harder to pull in slackening skin with just toning exercises that would suffice when younger (even young people can find this a problem when losing weight too quickly). So personally I would rather fill out with more muscle than let the skin hang. I want to continue wearing a swimsuit into my dotage without worrying about sag!

Tyger we are so on the same page. Funny you should mention Ernestine Shepherd because she is one of my inspirations and has the tone I would wish for myself. Very Happy

In another discussion, someone pointed out how even fitness pros like Jane Fonda stop to show their arms at a certain age and it seemed the implication was that "bat wings" were inevitable. That is not something I want to accept so I am hoping that finally getting my arms in shape now and not letting up ever again will help me sport Ernestine arms later in life.

If I look anything like she does in the photo below at the age of 75, y'all won't be able to tell me nuffin! Dancing

I am sure even anti-gun activists would agree with me that she is one woman who has every right to bare arms. Anxious Smile
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the photo, Nonie. Isn't Ernestine great!! It takes a lot of time, effort and dedication to look like that but it's so worth it (the late Morjorie Newlin is also an inspiration).

At my health club I see senior women (65++) who, the thinner they get, the scrawnier they look. If they tried bulking up their muscles, that would fill out the skin, even if it looks masculine (or ageing, as Panda1 believes). Once into the 'autumn' of our lives, our youth-obsessed society tends to look on seniors (particularly women) as aged/wrinkly/ invisible/grey/unattractive anyway so what exactly is there to lose???

It is never too early to start toning your arms. I lost a bit of weight a while back and after trying various exercises, have eventually almost eradicated those last niggly bits of sag Very Happy . I will be starting with heavier weights soon - doing it in my own time, for myself and have a long-term plan to follow in Ernestine's footsteps.........

Tyger

P.S. This is a very shortened version of my original post, as I was logged out (for taking too long?) and lost the lot Sad .
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:

I was meaning young women with muscles like Madonna - which I find overly toned. And she is still quite young!

Hi Tyger, I am sure Madonna would be flattered that you think she is still quite young at 55. She sure acts young. Good for her.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:

In another discussion, someone pointed out how even fitness pros like Jane Fonda stop to show their arms at a certain age and it seemed the implication was that "bat wings" were inevitable.

Hi Nonie, I think Jane Fonda wears the long sleeves to cover aging skin and not bat wings. I've seen recent pictures of her with the sheer net sleeves on her gowns and her arms are still toned.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:26 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:

In another discussion, someone pointed out how even fitness pros like Jane Fonda stop to show their arms at a certain age and it seemed the implication was that "bat wings" were inevitable.

Hi Nonie, I think Jane Fonda wears the long sleeves to cover aging skin and not bat wings. I've seen recent pictures of her with the sheer net sleeves on her gowns and her arms are still toned.

Oh I hope you are right, packratmack. I actually had volunteered her in a discussion as an example of one person with toned arms because they look so shapely in her long-sleeved workout gear. Plus I have been a fan since my teens.But when that statement about her never baring arms was made, I combed through Google images trying to find one image that could prove the idea that she has "bat wings" wrong by showing bare arms but found none--except IIRC one in a blue dress but it was too small to really see her arms. I saw the sheer sleeved gown you might be referring to but thought someone might argue that the sleeves are made of some control material not unlike Spanx designs. Neutral So I just resigned myself to the possibility that I may be wrong about her. Sad But although this did burst my bubble, it made me stop taking toning arms for granted just because I look OK and really get serious about exercising them.

Tyger I didn't know about Morjorie Newlin but just read about how she started working out at 72 and how her cats were her inspiration (A woman after my own heart! ) here. So impressive! I really ought to be ashamed of myself for not looking half as good. Thanks for giving me someone else to aspire to be like.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:34 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Tyger wrote:

I was meaning young women with muscles like Madonna - which I find overly toned. And she is still quite young!

Hi Tyger, I am sure Madonna would be flattered that you think she is still quite young at 55. She sure acts young. Good for her.

Well she is still relatively young! And since the retirement age (at least in the UK) is rising and rising, anyone in their 50s will soon be almost a teenager Laughing

Nonie - thanks for doing the link to Morjorie (I'm not too IT literate and can mess it up). I think we all have to re-adjust our exercise regimes as we age. Some people just give up and say they can't fight it! But I don't want to have to cover up!

Re the original post about neck cords, there are exercises to thicken the neck muscles for bodybuilders (some probably not dissimilar to Carolyn's, but with weights). I read about them a while ago but realised I would have to do a structured programme not to look unbalanced, so maybe Carolyn's will be good for the moment, until I get cracking on heavier weights.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tyger wrote:

I think we all have to re-adjust our exercise regimes as we age. Some people just give up and say they can't fight it! But I don't want to have to cover up!

I agree. I'm always checking out new things that will add to or modify my exercise regime. Low impact vs high impact. Different types of equipment. I work on balance a lot. I consider how the types of exercise I do will benefit me when I get older. Even if I could only do yoga, I would still be able to maintain a good level of strength and endurance. That's one of the reasons why yoga will always be a part of my fitness program. A practice that can move with you through the years. Its' so important to keep some flexibility. I lift heavy weights which tends to tighten me up. So, the yoga is a great complement. I sometimes wonder how many years I will be able to lift heavy but, when I see photos of people like Ernestine, I realize it can be for a good long time. Maybe, with some modifications.

This thread has gone pretty much off topic. So, I will steer it back by saying that I do see the improvement in Margarita's neck in the photos that were posted. Tightening up that platysma muscle helps the neck and jawline look better.
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I want to recommend a free youtube video that shows various exercises for sagging necks. It's in Spanish, but the exercises are very well demonstrated so that should not be a problem.
When she used to have a blog, I would use Google Translate to translate articles of interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_9kjS8Kuu0
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Marie-Andrée wrote:
I want to recommend a free youtube video that shows various exercises for sagging necks. It's in Spanish, but the exercises are very well demonstrated so that should not be a problem.
When she used to have a blog, I would use Google Translate to translate articles of interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_9kjS8Kuu0

This lady's neck and jawline are beautifully toned. Exclamation I am going to send this video to my Spanish friend who hates it that a lot of face exercise videos are in English and not Spanish, which makes it hard for her to know if she's following the directions accurately. She will be thrilled to see this.

Thanks for sharing, Marie-Andrée.
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Note sure if this falls under "neck cording" as well, but I've started developing over pronounced sternocleidomastoid muscles (two vertical ones) in the last couple of years. The skin is smooth (for now) but those muscles are showing a lot, especially when tensed. Also, I've noticed that I tense those muscles when I'm doing my abs workouts as well (and now I have an excuse not to exercise Smile).
So it's something like Vicky's muscles, but mine are bit less pronounced:
http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/90313p3_beckham_b_gr_01.jpg

Does anybody know some good stretching exercises that could help or some other remedy?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |