Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carol Priest Blue Chamomile Facial Wash Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Blue Chamomile Facial Wash Cream

For normal to oily and problem skin types

A natural plant based facial cleansing wash. Contains pure essential oil of German Blue Chamomile which due to its high percentage of chama - azulene has excellent anti-inflammatory skin care properties. Contains additional herbal oils such as manuka and allantoin to assist problem skins.

Active Ingredients: Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera), Glycerine, Allantoin, Essential oil of Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium), Essential Oil of German Blue Chamomile (Matricaria recutica), Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis)

I tried this because of the talk about REN / Korres and natural skin care. I must say when you open the lid you are hit by the fragrance of blue chamomile, if anyone has dabbled with aromatherapy you'll know what I mean. This is nice to use, has a creamy texture and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. I think it's a good product pound-4-pound when compared with Ren. I think if you like natural products you will like this.
(you can try it from carolpriest.com also theapothecaryscat.com in the uk - they also threw in the marshmallow face cream which is very nice)
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Is this a proper cream wash or one of those balm textured washes?
I've made the mistake before of buying a cleanser that is described as a 'cream' only to find that it is more of a waxy, balm type substance. Confused
Sounds like a nice cleanser. I think it will have to be added to my list of cleansers to try. Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Surprised let's see, I'd say the texture is a cream, like a light cold cream - if that's any help, it's not waxey. You pat it on, add water massage it round and face cloth it off. I actually massage it on then leave it on for a minute or two to let the E.O's sink in a bit.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that, Eve. The fact that this cleanser has Manuka in it is really making me want to reach for my credit card. Very Happy
How good was it at removing make-up? I have a lot of warpaint to remove somedays. Laughing
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:41 am      Reply with quote
hmm, not tried it with anything heavy just yet, I shall put on some slap when I get home and test it Very Happy
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
No need to go trowelling it on for my benefit, Eve. Very Happy
I was just interested in finding out if it is any good at removing foundation. I usually wear foundation/tinted moisturiser and powder and I find that some creamy cleansers are pants at removing the stuff.
Still, if you want to go home and put some slap on then make sure you take yourself out somewhere nice afterwards so that all your effort doesn't go to waste. Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
taking dogs for walkies in the snow isn't exactly glamourous Confused but it's for science!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:42 am      Reply with quote
yep Toe, works on heavier make up.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that, Eve.
Also, thanks for the review on JI Liquid Minerals. I wasn't sure what sort of coverage this would provide and now I know that you would need to build it up in order to get a decent coverage I think I will steer clear of the stuff. Smile
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:05 am      Reply with quote
don't get me wrong it's not bad it's just not what I was expecting.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
I didn't think you were implying that it was a bad product, just that it takes a bit more application than a normal foundation. I'm too lazy to have to keep applying more layers to build up a decent coverage and unfortunately that is something I would have to do as my skin is not perfect enough to go with the sheer look. Sad
Annoying, as I liked the idea of a foundation that would treat my skin while wearing it rather than clogging my problematic pores with chemical-laden gunk.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |