Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Mustard Oil for a scalp treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I have recently started using Pure Mustard Oil as a scalp treatment by applying the oil directly to my scalp and letting it set for an hour or so before I shampoo.
It is supposed to help thicken/stimulate growth and reduce the amount of gray hair in the re-growth.
My hair does seem to be longer and I know since I just had my highlights/lowlights and cut and normally I can wait 4-6 weeks.
Anyone else try it?
I found mine on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JMDHFO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:30 am      Reply with quote
How does it smell?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds interesting. I'm going to see if the store I buy henna from carries mustard oil; I think I saw some last time I was there, but wasn't sure what I'd use it for.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
It does smell a little "heavy" but does not put me off. More like castor oil than anything else. It is very thick.
When I let it sit on my scalp and then rinse it off it does not leave my hair greasy, which is what I was afraid of. It just leaves my hair soft.
I did try it overnight, but didn't see any real difference of that over applying/letting it sit a couple of hours, other than not staining my poor satin pillowcase.
Laughing
I have very curly and long hair past my shoulders so I am always looking for something to keep it healthy. If not my hairstylist will cut it off. She is all for long hair past 50, but only if it is healthy.
I have my deep masks and serums but I liked the idea of something organic to stimulate growth, scalp and less breakage as well.
I have a friend who is from India and she is the one who told me about it. Her family has the most amazingly beautiful and healthy hair!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I stopped by my local Indian grocery store, and picked up a nice size bottle. 33 0z for $7.99. Annie, thanks for posting this; I have a dry itchy scalp, and hopefully this will help. One of the guys working there told me it's also used for massage, and I may try cooking with it as well Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried to cook with it but I have heard it is really good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
I stopped by my local Indian grocery store, and picked up a nice size bottle. 33 0z for $7.99. Annie, thanks for posting this; I have a dry itchy scalp, and hopefully this will help. One of the guys working there told me it's also used for massage, and I may try cooking with it as well Smile

If you have an itchy scalp, you might want to add a few drops of Oil of Oregano. Dandruff and itchiness is often caused by yeast, and that will kill it. Alternatively you can try Nizoral shampoo, but it does tend to strip out hair color if you darken your hair like me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:48 am      Reply with quote
You can also add tea tree oil. My hairdresser recommends rubbing a little in and letting it soak before shampooing. I was using Head and Shoulders but she doesn't recommend that due to its powers to strip hair color.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Great thanks; I have both tea tree and a little oregano oil and will add them and see how it goes
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting... I may take a stab at this. Coconut & castor oil had been working great for me.

I used to have a dry, itchy feeling scalp, along with a little dandruff. A few drops of apple cider vinegar rubbed in before I washed worked like magic til the next time it happened.

But it doesn`t happen at all anymore since I started using natural olive-oil based soaps with none of the extras normally added to shampoos. A few months ago I`d started experiencing some hair loss and this is no longer a problem either.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
The_Blogger

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to try something that thickens my hair, but how much and how often would you need to use something like the Mustard oil? Would that be every time you wash your hair, or just every so often?

By the way, new here, nice to see such a helpful community!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I put it in every other day a couple of hours before I shampoo, but I work at home so I have the time.
I wash my hair only every other day, so it works.
I have only been doing it a few weeks but it does make it soft!

5% products discount

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good, thanks for the tips, I might give it a try - I'd like to use an oil that washes out easily.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |