Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
My face is burnt...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Stieva-A 0.01% the lowest concentration (Tretinoin cream, same as retin-a just a different brand) at night for 4 nights now, no problems. I've noticed a little peeling but no real redness. My face felt wonderful, not scaly or rough at all like with benzoyl peroxide.

I've been lightly exfoliating with my dermabration cloth in the morning (doc said I could exfoliate a bit), no cleanser. This morning though I over did it. My cheeks and between my top lip and nose are red and raw, above my lip is weeping!!!! Ugh. I've been cooling it with ice all morning and have applied Decleor soothing emulsion, a sample I received with my last EDS order. I sure hope it heals quickly.

No tretinoin tonight and the cloth is being shelved. Just had to whine here as my hubby doesn't quite understand. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
ouch, sounds painful lolli! when you start up again maybe try every second night for the first week?
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Poor Lolli - hope it heals up soon
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
It is painful, Lianne! I have a SkinCeuticals Serum 10 sample here but am afraid to try it. I guess I'll just let it heal and go from there. Every second night sounds like a good idea, or just don't rub my face at all! Which is probably a good idea too. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, thanks rzecka. Dh and ds are off for a walk, there's no way I'm letting the wind or sun at me today. sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ohh sounds sore Sad .
Have you got any Aloe Vera gel - brilliant for this type of thing very soothing and hydrating and protects.I used it post microdermabrasion treatment that made my skin sore and red. (Make sure its over 95% pure though).(Forever Living do a good one)
I'd drop the micro cloth if you're using a tretinoin treatment.
Hope you fell better soon.
(Only thing I can think that will cheer you up - bet you have really smooth skin once its completely healed).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I lolli I used one of those cloths before too and its easy to get carried away but I took a layer or two off my skin too. I hope you heal up soon, just dont rush into using anything that may hurt you.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I searched Wal-Mart and the drug store for some good aloe vera gel last summer but it's all bright green and low percentages. I don't know if I want to go out at all like this. I was thinking of putting some Medela cream on it, medical grade, very pure and soothing lanolin. I have a big tube here.

I would send dh but he just got home from town, we live 20 mins out. If it's still real sore or scabby tomorrow I will visit our one health food store and pray they have the right aloe, I hadn't even thought of it, thanks Lucia. We live in a dinky town and when they let Wal-Mart in we lost a lot of little shops, it's hard to find anything. Hence, my * spam alert * to internet shopping, which isn't going to cut it right now.

You are right ladies, my little micro cloth will be good for my legs and bum, not my face! Especially while using the tretinoin, I always learn best the hard way. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Dont wal-mart stock any creams, even for babies skin, it may take the soreness away. A good old nappy cream called sudocrem is still in my bathroom cabinet and Adam is 11. Well, its not THE same tub from all those years ago, but it is needed now and again, especially for chronically sore chapped lips, a good layer before bedtime, gets them on the road to recovery.

Wal-mart own one of our shoping chains over here - Asda, they sell alot of stuff but obviously the same kind of stuff as pharmacies....
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi, oh yes Wal-Mart has diaper cream, the white stuff you mean? Ours is a small Wal-Mart though so the selection of aloe vera gel was minimal. If I'm going to drag my burnt face out, I'll go to the health food store first, then to Wal-Mart to look for something soothing. Times like these I wish I had the actual plant like my mom always had. [/quote]

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli, the white daiper cream is great for over night repairs of anything, especially when you dont want anyone seeing you plastered in the stuff. Aloe Vera might be cooling and soothing but I dont think it will be healing enough. Pick wisely...
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Believe me, if I had some of the zinc/nappy cream it would be all over my face right now! I do have PureLan 100 by Medela it's 100% USP modified lanolin and it is soothing and moisturizing my raw spots.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Poor lolli, I hope tomorrow its easier for you. Its almost midnight here lolli so its type to hit the hay, sack or whatever they say. TTFN wave
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Goodnight Cindi, thanks so much for all your help! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shock YIKES lolli! I hope you are feeling better soon....let us know how you are doing!
Take care..
Pudoodles
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli, Jamieson Vit E oil has been good for me when I burn my face off....I picked it up at walmart..but I've also seen it at london drugs and shoppers drug mart...save on foods too
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just logged on here to post that I had found some Jamieson vit e in my cupboard, before reading your post Lianne! It's working too! Whew! I was a little worried because it's been kicking around for years but it seems to be doing the trick.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to do something like this. I didn't take the tretinoin as seriously because it's the lowest strength, obviously I don't need to up the dose any time soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli,

Be there done that! I was using strong retinol product nightly and decided to use a manual scrub, bad idea. I ended up giving myself allergic contact dermatitis. Face was painful, red, and covered in red/brown/scaly patches.

Someone recommend doing a honey & milk mask. It was very soothing. You just mix some honey with milk and slap it on the face.

Hope your skin heals soon. It took about a week for my face to completely heal. Definitely stop any treatment type products for now.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I keep asking myself 'What were you thinking???' I hope there isn't any damage, yours sounds really painful, mtview.

I'm off to bed soon, I'll do the honey/milk mask before though and report back. I hope I'm lucky and don't look and feel too bad tomorrow.

You guys have been wonderful! Thanks! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli,

I wish I read this earlier. Janson-Beckett has an awesome gel that would be very beneficial for the irritation you are experiencing: Anti-Irritant Gel Willard Water

An extremely beneficial & soothing treament after glycolic treatments, microdermabrasion, leg waxing and for men whose skin is bothered by razor bumps, nicks or shaving. Excellent for sunburn or minor kitchen burns.

By the time you ordered it I am sure you will be better. It's a great product to have in the cabinet for skin irritation.

Winnie
JB, MA
Mabsy

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Winnie - slightly O/T sorry, does JB as a company also sell Willard Water or do they just use it in a few of their products?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Winnie - slightly O/T sorry, does JB as a company also sell Willard Water or do they just use it in a few of their products?

Mabsy,

I will have to get back to you on that one. I don't see straight Willard Water on their website. Yet again, I might be missing it looking at their product list (just woke up). My sales rep. job is focused on the AlphaDerma line. I happen to use a few of their salon products and the Willard Water Gel is one that I have used.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
everyone should buy an aloe vera plant if they can't find the gel, just lop off a leaf and squeeze out the jel.

Natural yogurt / honey would be cooling & healing, add a vit.e capsule for extra moisturising.

Zinc oxide is basic yet can do wonders for irritated skin.

Can I ask who told you to use retinal every night and then scrub in the morning? they want their leg smacking - if it was you Confused

going on a slightly different tack has anyone used soluable vit.c on burns?

P.S.I hope it's healing
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Good morning ladies! Thank you, Winnie. JB sounds like they have great products. If only I had that stuff on hand.

LOL, Eve! My doc said I could exfoliate a bit if I get really flaky. I over did it, for sure, but I do think it was pretty easy to do. Wouldn't recommend it. Sad

The milk and honey stung a bit, the vit e is so far the best for soothing and moisturising. The two areas that were parched are looking just a bit dry now, the weeping area is more red and raised. I think I'll live though. Smile

I do have another question, are chemical and/or manual exfoliation no longer necessary or possible while using tretinoin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:40 am      Reply with quote
hmm.

I've flaked/gone red when I've used retinal IF I were to use it again I would probably use every 3 days because it is resurfacing your skin I wouldn't use any other exfoliator - the stuff I've got advises against it Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |