Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Random Scarring The Past Months (Please Help!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've scoured the Internet for those websites where you can ask medical professionals for help, but realized all of them required you to pay if a doctor actually responds....I guess nothing is free. I figured coming on here was better than nothing. Pretty much, since March, I have had a plethora of odd and disturbing things happening to my skin. I've come across many various posts on different forums with people who seem to have experienced similar symptoms as I have, but all these threads ended up dying out with no continued discussion. So this is just my experience:

Near the end of March, I noticed random pockmarks and thin indented lines forming all over my face. From April to June, I've gone to 3 dermatologists or so for answers, all of whom have been unable to give me a proper diagnosis. The first thing Google and Acne.org told me was some rare scarring disease called AMVC (atrophia maculosa varioliformis cutis), but none but one of the dermatologists I visited had heard of this disease before - the one that had heard of it assured me I didn't have it and that there was debate among dermatologists whether such a disease actually exists. I had a bloodtest done for autoimmune disorders (Lupus, scleroderma, etc.), as well as 2 skin scrapings done for fungal/yeast infection and scabies/parasite testing, all of which came back negative. Normally, this would be good news to any average person, but to me, it just meant there was no explanation for what I had going on. The scarring would happen every week, meaning every week when I looked in the mirror, I would notice a new dent or some damage of a sort. You can imagine how depressed I became due to all this, esp since I am someone who cares about his looks and appearance a lot. Since July, I noticed the random scarring on my face appeared to have stopped, so I started to feel a bit better. But unfortunately just a few days ago, I noticed a vertical dent right in the middle of my forehead....and it's like I'm back in hell all over again. I have a picture of the recent scar (surely the picture will do no justice though, due to lighting), but I figured it's better to have something than nothing. I can't say it's a true dented scar, but it IS a dented line that is quite noticeable if lighting is to any side of my face. My mom thinks it can be an expression mark, as I frown my forehead a lot, but it doesn't make much sense to me since most expression lines are horizontal, and also, this line really came out of nowhere. If I relax my forehead to the best that I can, the line is still there. My mom thinks I probably had the line previously and just never noticed it, but I know for a fact that had I had the line previously already, I sure as hell would have noticed. I'm paranoid because I have Chinese cupping and acupuncture done every week, and I had a needle placed near that area on my forehead, which might I add hurt a lot that time I had it done. Of course the day after, the area was slightly red, but that's when I noticed the dent, which seemed to "stem" from that point where I had a needle. However, acupuncture is not known to cause physical dents to the skin, so this just puzzles me. I just don't know what to make of it....and it sucks because this new dent is just...there right in the middle of my forehead now. I was thinking maybe because my forehead is pretty tense, my muscles would relax in the days following the acupuncture, but honestly....who am I kidding. This is not normal, and acupuncture doesn't cause crap like this. Note I originally had pics in here, which would help the world, but since I am a new member, I cannot have pictures in here.

Aside from my face, around March to April, I noticed I started forming a bunch of horizontal lines all over my knees. I initially didn't take it too seriously since I'm quite lacking on body care (I don't exfoliate or moisturize regularly). Also, I have always been a runner, but didn't run for most of my time in college. I picked up running regularly again in February or so, so I thought perhaps these lines were associated with runner's lines or whatever marks people online have been labeling such phenomena as....I even thought they were possibly stretch marks. However, one of the dermatologists I went to found these lines to be very peculiar and suggested I go in for allergy testing; another dermatologist I went to said the lines were Langer's lines, particularly lines of tension (and she said they absolutely were not stretch marks). However, I've searched up Langer's lines like mad all over the Internet and have not been able to come across any helpful information - only stuff I've seen is that they are natural lines surgeons use to guide them in surgical procedures. The dermatologist who told me they were Langer's lines said with regular exfoliation and moisturizing, the lines should fade...I've been regularly doing both for about a month now and have seen no improvement.

To make things worse, in April, I started experiencing random twitching and prickling/bug crawling sensations all over my body. As mentioned, a skin scraping was done to test for scabies or bugs, and I also took Ivermectin just for safety measures, but the sensations have not stopped. I went to an allergist upon the recommendation of one of the dermatologists I visited, who felt everything I was experiencing could be related to some bizarre allergy of a sort. He's put me on Zyrtec, which I think has slightly helped calm the sensations down, but they're definitely still present.

I know what I'm experiencing may be trivial to some, but it's definitely caused me unimaginable depression. Yes, it's such a superficial thing to be bothered about, but when it's something regarding your face, and worst - something no medical professional has been able to help with, you cannot imagine the distress and anxiety it can cause. The prickling sensations don't help, either. I feel I'm alone and suffering from some unknown disease or something that no one can help me with.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions or experiences or just anything that will help me, please do help. I'm at a breaking point. Thanks.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Boafriend, take comfort in the fact that the random scarring on your face has stopped. Expression lines - especially forehead "elevens", can definitely be vertical. Maybe the trauma to your skin had made it more vulnerable and so if you do frown a lot and have been more due to the stress, it allowed the line to appear earlier than it might have otherwise.

I may be wrong but I think when acupuncture hurts a lot, its indicative of some misplacement on the doctor's part, so again, maybe it exacerbated the skin condition and made the area/muscle etc, more vulnerable to the frown line.

I'd be concerned too, so definitely keep researching, and maybe bumping this thread so experienced people get a chance to see it over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, make sure that your diet meets all your nutritional needs, including healthy fats, etc. Also make sure that you're not overdosing on any food or vitamin supplements. The only time I've experienced extreme prickling (like when your foot falls asleep and wakes up) was when I tried niacin supplements. Its quite common when taking those and I can't believe these over the counter vitamins don't come with a warning label!

Again, try to relax and focus on whatever positives you can find. Stressing out won't help at all. Good luck.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Compass
5% products discount

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to let you know I know exactly what you're talking about, random dents, lines, tiny wrinkles that connect the pores and random pock marks, all of this is happening to my 3 year year daughter and to some degree on my 2 year old son. This hell started happening exactly 1 month and 3 weeks ago, when I noticed to my horror that my daughters pores on her right cheek appeared enlarged, just a few but I freaked out and blamed it on the heavy sunscreen or the flax seed I had been feeding her, well I was wrong, more pores have been enlarging they're like tiny holes on her beautiful skin, then 3 weeks ago she started getting random lines on her skin like small dents and some bigger pot marks when there has never been any physical trauma there, I cleanse her skin twice a day very gently which you can imagine this is hell with a toddler, and now my son has been showing some tiny random holes on his skin and a red bumpy rash on his cheek that finally went away, and more have been appering on their noses! what this has done to me emotionally cannot be explained, I search the web everyday every time I have a chance, I stopped eating for days an lost so much weight I cry all the time when I remember the good days when their skin was silky smooth and never did I have ever imagine this could happen to us. I almost lost my marriage due to being consumed by this since my husband does not even want pay attention to their skin. Okay so first I believed I could be herederity since large pores and pot marks run I'm my family we all seem to develop this due to acne and blocked pores that just leave big pores, it's horrible but I've learned to live with it but this cannot be it, it cannot happen to children I didn't start getting this until I was 17 yrs old. So right at the same time me and my daughter had just gotten over a cold and then she started getting yellow custed debri on her eyelashes and itchy eyes, eyebrows, hair and face all together. It's hell trying to keep her hands off her face, tiny little clear liquid bumps around where the pores started but nothing inflamed that could leave pores or dents. So I hope with what I about to tell you can find some answers to your problem just as I intend to do with my children, I always knew of this facial mite that majority of all humans have on their lashes and face only when one person becomes infested it can spread to other parts of body and cause problems, this what I believe are the reason of our problem I cannot find any other explanation, and I read other forums where people were diagonosed with democidosis (spelling?) but it's horrible the damage this beast can do to facial skin. My kids probably got it from me and dad who also has severe hair loss (another sign of demodex) they never had any skin problems before this, what else can explain the severe itchiness and pricking we all experience and for my kids it started right at the same time my daughter started showing different skin texture, and its only where there's more sebum on their skin that has been affected. I have been able to take them to a doctor since I'm working on the tgeir insurance, I'm living a nightmare so I can't totally sympathize with you. Did you get a skin scraping for demodex mites? If not, that's the first this i would recommend for you to do, I also want you to go to delusionalinsects dot com. david, a very nice man was also infested with demodex mites and after years of suffering and trying different cure he finally got rid of demodex mites with the use of rife machine. You can read it all on his website and also send him an email for help. This what I intend to do as soon as possible, I hope I at least have you some insight in this and I believe we can again live a normal life and finally wake up from this night mare. Wish you luck, please keep in touch and let me know of anything that happens. I will do the same.
Compass
5% products discount

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to let you know I know exactly what you're talking about, random dents, lines, tiny wrinkles that connect the pores and random pock marks, all of this is happening to my 3 year year daughter and to some degree on my 2 year old son. This hell started happening exactly 1 month and 3 weeks ago, when I noticed to my horror that my daughters pores on her right cheek appeared enlarged, just a few but I freaked out and blamed it on the heavy sunscreen or the flax seed I had been feeding her, well I was wrong, more pores have been enlarging they're like tiny holes on her beautiful skin, then 3 weeks ago she started getting random lines on her skin like small dents and some bigger pot marks when there has never been any physical trauma there, I cleanse her skin twice a day very gently which you can imagine this is hell with a toddler, and now my son has been showing some tiny random holes on his skin and a red bumpy rash on his cheek that finally went away, and more have been appering on their noses! what this has done to me emotionally cannot be explained, I search the web everyday every time I have a chance, I stopped eating for days an lost so much weight I cry all the time when I remember the good days when their skin was silky smooth and never did I have ever imagine this could happen to us. I almost lost my marriage due to being consumed by this since my husband does not even want pay attention to their skin. Okay so first I believed I could be herederity since large pores and pot marks run I'm my family we all seem to develop this due to acne and blocked pores that just leave big pores, it's horrible but I've learned to live with it but this cannot be it, it cannot happen to children I didn't start getting this until I was 17 yrs old. So right at the same time me and my daughter had just gotten over a cold and then she started getting yellow custed debri on her eyelashes and itchy eyes, eyebrows, hair and face all together. It's hell trying to keep her hands off her face, tiny little clear liquid bumps around where the pores started but nothing inflamed that could leave pores or dents. So I hope with what I about to tell you can find some answers to your problem just as I intend to do with my children, I always knew of this facial mite that majority of all humans have on their lashes and face only when one person becomes infested it can spread to other parts of body and cause problems, this what I believe are the reason of our problem I cannot find any other explanation, and I read other forums where people were diagonosed with democidosis (spelling?) but it's horrible the damage this beast can do to facial skin. My kids probably got it from me and dad who also has severe hair loss (another sign of demodex) they never had any skin problems before this, what else can explain the severe itchiness and pricking we all experience and for my kids it started right at the same time my daughter started showing different skin texture, and its only where there's more sebum on their skin that has been affected. I have been able to take them to a doctor since I'm working on the tgeir insurance, I'm living a nightmare so I can't totally sympathize with you. Did you get a skin scraping for demodex mites? If not, that's the first this i would recommend for you to do, I also want you to go to delusionalinsects dot com. david, a very nice man was also infested with demodex mites and after years of suffering and trying different cure he finally got rid of demodex mites with the use of rife machine. You can read it all on his website and also send him an email for help. This what I intend to do as soon as possible, I hope I at least have you some insight in this and I believe we can again live a normal life and finally wake up from this night mare. Wish you luck, please keep in touch and let me know of anything that happens. I will do the same.
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Boafriend, take comfort in the fact that the random scarring on your face has stopped. Expression lines - especially forehead "elevens", can definitely be vertical. Maybe the trauma to your skin had made it more vulnerable and so if you do frown a lot and have been more due to the stress, it allowed the line to appear earlier than it might have otherwise.

I may be wrong but I think when acupuncture hurts a lot, its indicative of some misplacement on the doctor's part, so again, maybe it exacerbated the skin condition and made the area/muscle etc, more vulnerable to the frown line.

Thanks, LoriA. However, this is exactly why I am up in arms again, as it seems this new dent on my forehead is a continuation of what I have been experiencing the past few months. I had thought the random scarring had stopped, but I guess it's starting up again.

I was also skeptical about the whole acupuncture needle perhaps causing the line, but like said, in theory, this just isn't possible. At worst, those needles will leave a little red mark that should subside within a day or so. I've also had needles in various parts of my face many times before (I've been doing this since May), and my forehead has had needles many times, with no marks or anything afterwards, so it's just puzzling to me. The acupuncturist I went to is a family friend who's had over 10 years of experience, so I trust she didn't mess anything up (even if she did, a DENT wouldn't result, right? This is a needle we're talking here)

I've heard of elevens and all that before, but I'm only 23, so I don't see how this could apply. And I have one horizontal frown line, so I know what these expression lines should look like. This line most definitely isn't of that kind...it's just a weird indent. I Googled about natural denting on foreheads many people have, and yeah...ok...but this line isn't of that kind either. Especially since I definitely DID NOT have this line on my forehead before.

Compass wrote:

Thanks for the lengthy and detailed response. Yeah, I've done lots of research into this, and most people say demodex mites will bring about some type of rash, none of which I have had. You referred to demodicidosis, which usually brings rosacea like symptoms to the skin. I had some slight irritation under my eye at one point, but I attributed it to generic clindamycin and tretinoin that I was using. I actually asked one of my skin scrapings to be done in that area specifically, and obviously, nothing came back. I had inquired my dermatologists about demodex mites since I as well have read some forum posts regarding demodex mites and random scarring, but they all said the scarring they were seeing on my face didn't seem to be related. I assumed the two skin scraping tests I had done would have covered demodex mites since the dermatologist said the scabies test would cover for ANY type of bugs.

I also took a look at that website, and while I am concerned since I have some similar symptoms described (namely the prickling sensations), I most definitely have not had abnormal skin shedding or bleeding/puss. Also the prickling sensations I have do not occur to the point that I cannot sleep. I've heard similar stories like this that relate to Morgellon's disease as well, but I really would not like to think that I have any of these. Even like David said, we have to take life day by day, or else stuff like this will just drive us to insanity.
Kash
5% products discount

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Does your face look red or inflamed at all? Inflammation can lead to skin changes. I was doing chemical peels and developed rosacea so now my skin looks like its spontaneously scarring and I have lines all over my face and orange peel texture which wasn't there before. I know how scary it is to watch your skin change before your eyes. I am still trying to find an answer and it has been 8 months. I'm just focusing on reducing inflammation. Hopefully you find an answer to what's happening to your skin!
Compass
5% products discount

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, well I am now even more lost than ever, like you said, for many people to find out they don't have any auto immune disorders or parasites might be relieving but for someone looking for answers is a nightmare.

What do you plan on doing now? You have actually gotten tests done, skin scrapings etc something I am yet to do with my children and there seems to be no answers. Can you really trust the skin scraping they did to tell you wether you have demodex mites or not? I also find it very weir since it seems like everyone has them as part of their skin flora, do you have any type acne issue? Was the dermatologist the one who told demodex can't do that type of damage? You are the same age as me, and this type of skin deterioration is not normal i too have noticed so many random dents, lines similar to thin scratches all over my skin, also have one on my forehead which is not a frown line because of the where is placed. I read on a forum about rosecea a lady mentioned she believes this damage to be done by mites carving and micro slicing skin with their claw like legs, this makes sense I would imagine the mite "brevis" to do this specially since they live deeper in the sebacious glands, just my theory. I think you should not disregard this possibility just yet. So did you do an allergy test yet? did you go to an alternative doctor? Sorry if you already answered this, what about a celiac decease test? I would like to know which type of food you seem to eat most, my kids favorite fruit are bananas which might be causing an allergy possibly, they eat it multiple times a day I have thought about taking away from their diet. I just don't know where else to turn.

Davids case was indeed very severe my kids and i don't have any type of pus plugs and don't have such extreme itchiness to that poit of bring able to fall asleep, and I agree about morgellons that is very freighting an I pray that is not our case. But I cannot stop stressing and crying I just can't, this is my childrens skin, my precious angels! I just want them to have a normal childhood and life and I will fight till the end to find an answer! Their damage is happening daily and is as if my hearts drops to my stomach every time I notice a new dent, pore, scratch. This is no life I'm living I need answers! Crying or Very sad
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Does your face look red or inflamed at all? Inflammation can lead to skin changes. I was doing chemical peels and developed rosacea so now my skin looks like its spontaneously scarring and I have lines all over my face and orange peel texture which wasn't there before. I know how scary it is to watch your skin change before your eyes. I am still trying to find an answer and it has been 8 months. I'm just focusing on reducing inflammation. Hopefully you find an answer to what's happening to your skin!

No, I have no redness or inflammation whatsoever. I'm not trying to downsize your issue, but inflammation and redness are common and there usually are many things you can do to reduce or rid of the issue. I'm hoping you've given multiple derms a shot, because the more who can help you, the better. Thanks for your kind words - I wish you an end to your problem, too.

Compass wrote:
Okay, well I am now even more lost than ever, like you said, for many people to find out they don't have any auto immune disorders or parasites might be relieving but for someone looking for answers is a nightmare.

What do you plan on doing now? You have actually gotten tests done, skin scrapings etc something I am yet to do with my children and there seems to be no answers. Can you really trust the skin scraping they did to tell you wether you have demodex mites or not? I also find it very weir since it seems like everyone has them as part of their skin flora, do you have any type acne issue? Was the dermatologist the one who told demodex can't do that type of damage? You are the same age as me, and this type of skin deterioration is not normal i too have noticed so many random dents, lines similar to thin scratches all over my skin, also have one on my forehead which is not a frown line because of the where is placed. I read on a forum about rosecea a lady mentioned she believes this damage to be done by mites carving and micro slicing skin with their claw like legs, this makes sense I would imagine the mite "brevis" to do this specially since they live deeper in the sebacious glands, just my theory. I think you should not disregard this possibility just yet. So did you do an allergy test yet? did you go to an alternative doctor? Sorry if you already answered this, what about a celiac decease test? I would like to know which type of food you seem to eat most, my kids favorite fruit are bananas which might be causing an allergy possibly, they eat it multiple times a day I have thought about taking away from their diet. I just don't know where else to turn.

Davids case was indeed very severe my kids and i don't have any type of pus plugs and don't have such extreme itchiness to that poit of bring able to fall asleep, and I agree about morgellons that is very freighting an I pray that is not our case. But I cannot stop stressing and crying I just can't, this is my childrens skin, my precious angels! I just want them to have a normal childhood and life and I will fight till the end to find an answer! Their damage is happening daily and is as if my hearts drops to my stomach every time I notice a new dent, pore, scratch. This is no life I'm living I need answers! Crying or Very sad

I completely sympathize with you, especially the fact that your children are the ones suffering from this. I wish my parents worried as much as I did about my issue (they think I just care too much about my appearance or am blowing things out of proportion).

And what I meant was that I'm looking for a diagnosis or answer for what I've been going through, but have not received anything. A blood test or skin test that comes back positive for an autoimmune disorder or bugs would at least TELL ME something, a reason, for what I'm experiencing. But mine have all come back negative, so it's baffling. The skin tests (the actual testing) was done by a lab, so I wouldn't know specifics, but one of the derms I visited did the scraping of my skin himself, and called me personally to tell me the test results. Demodex mites were not mentioned in specific, but I did mention them to him in my consultation....and like said, he noted that the scabies test the lab would perform would cover ANY type of bugs. As for the dermatologist who told me demodex mites couldn't do the damage seen on my face, this was the first dermatologist who I visited. A very knowledgeable guy, so I'm trying to take his word for it. I asked him at length about various bugs and parasites, but he assured me that the damage or marks these bugs could make are not consistent with what I have on my face. And as for demodex mites in general, they tend to cause rosacea like symptoms. So like said with me, I experienced no inflammation or rosacea like symptoms, so....I'm thinking demodex mites are out of the question.

As for acne, yes, I've suffered from it for YEARS (9 years almost). It was mild for the most part, but I had a few periods where it was straight up bad. Actually last fall (September to November 2012), I had reoccuring cystic acne on my cheeks...it was a very rough time for me. This was before the random scarring, prickling sensations, and all that madness started, too. However, I cut out spicy food (which had been a huge vice in my diet), started eating healthier, and started exercising regularly, and my acne has actually been much better than it has in years. But this scarring and all this madness is the issue at hand now. I eat pretty balanced in general,and do not have any food allergies to my knowledge, so I don't know how diet could factor in to this (only thing I acknowledge is that lots of spicy food can contribute to acne for me).

As for what I plan to do now, honestly...that's why I went on multiple forums today with my story. I figure I can reach out to others to see if ANYONE can help me. I left an email with a dermatologist whom I had seen a long time ago, explaining pretty much everything I had explained to you guys, so I'm just waiting for his response. At the most, I may go in to see him for an consultation. As for everything else....it's out my control. I'm trying to live day by day, but trust me, it is hard. I thought the random scarring had stopped and that I could finally focus on repairing the scarring knowing it wouldn't manifest on its own again, but...I guess that unfortunately is not the case. I have a damn job interview in the morning and my skin is bad enough...I really didn't need a fcking vertical dent to form in the middle of my forehead. Thank God I'm not like most guys who run from concealer...it's the very least I can do to help normalize my appearance.

Regardless, I appreciate the high view count and people who are taking their time to read my post and try contributing in some way. Thank you. It means a lot to me to have people listening and not thinking I am some crazy lunatic. If only my pictures could be in this post, it would help a lot. No one has even addressed the lines on my knees yet...that's a whole other thing in its own.
Compass
5% products discount

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm sorry to hear about your parents not really worrying about your issues, I can't ever imagine disregarding something so important as facial skin issues with my children, I'm going thru the same with my husband, he even refuses to look at their skin, and I feel so alone every time he calls me insane and thy is all in my head when the damage is clearly there. I just wish my kids never had to go through this, I want a normal childhood for them is that too much to ask? They are healthy, don't eat junk food and always clean, I see other parents who don't give a crap about their children and their health and the kids are totally fine, and infuriates me.

As far as diagnosis goes, I'm going to a naturopath this Friday, and have been calling around pediatric dermatologist to ask for help. I will keep you updated to whats goes on, please do the same. Hopefully we can help each other. I was also going to ask you, do you suffer from enlarged pores as well?
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Compass wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry to hear about your parents not really worrying about your issues, I can't ever imagine disregarding something so important as facial skin issues with my children, I'm going thru the same with my husband, he even refuses to look at their skin, and I feel so alone every time he calls me insane and thy is all in my head when the damage is clearly there. I just wish my kids never had to go through this, I want a normal childhood for them is that too much to ask? They are healthy, don't eat junk food and always clean, I see other parents who don't give a crap about their children and their health and the kids are totally fine, and infuriates me.

As far as diagnosis goes, I'm going to a naturopath this Friday, and have been calling around pediatric dermatologist to ask for help. I will keep you updated to whats goes on, please do the same. Hopefully we can help each other. I was also going to ask you, do you suffer from enlarged pores as well?

Great to hear you are getting help. The dermatologist I previously mentioned whom I reached out to for help suggested I try to attend (I'm located in Los Angeles) what is known as Grand Rounds at UCLA (different medical departments have their own rounds, so I'd obviously opt for the dermatology department's rounds), in which you are pretty much a patient on display, with 50-60 (according to him) dermatologists who will examine and try coming up with a solution to your problem. It sounds great, but at the same time, makes me feel like I'd be an animal on display in a zoo or something, since these events are supposedly quite lecture and panel based, with an audience and all. I really wish it were more private, though, since this is all pretty personal, and also apparently the dermatologist I spoke to said the people there will probably take a biopsy of my affected area to try finding a problem on the spot (good, but that means I'll have another scar to deal with, which I do not need). I didn't previously note that a biopsy is perhaps the only physical test I have not had done yet, and this is all because I do not want another scar. I have emailed a contact address on how I can be a part of this, but I have not heard a response for hours (they list a bunch of call options, and I really don't want to be on the phone with all this, as it's better done through text such as email).

In terms of enlarged pores, I've never had such issues. My skin has always been excessively oily though, and I have a major blackhead problem on my nose. However, I have experienced (as I've noted with these dented lines), that some, when examined very closely, appear to be little dots that have formed a line. I kid you not there are parts of my face where I feel these dots are playing "connect the dots," with some lines even forming X's (very faint, though). It's absolutely miserable to see. I've read many accounts from people across the net who've experienced similar "dots connecting" and what not, but a lot of these forum posts have died out or have had posters find out they had demodex mites or scabies.
Compass
5% products discount

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi boafriend, that does like a cry tempting way to tackle your issues but at the same time extremely frighting to be on display for everyone to see. Would there be a charge for it? I think you can find it withing yourself to do this, I mean they are dents are happening for no apparent reason it's under your control. if I could i would do it myself i live in san Diego and can't really make the drive up there.

You are extremely lucky to not suffer from enlarged pores, I mean I have never seen children with these types of skin disorders I'm extremely concerned. And yeah that is exactly what is happening to my daughters pores they have tiny lines that connect them, its terrifying! And I also have this all throughout my face. Have you thought about seeing a naturopath?
Compass
5% products discount

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for all the typos, my phone is acting up! I means to say it does sound very tempting to go do down that path of treatment and you also don't have any control of whats happening to you.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Boafriend, I think you misunderstood me. I meant that the line may have been inevitable (later on in life) and probably appeared early due to your skin being compromised, i.e. in deteriorated condition. I've known people who had elevens (vertical) in their early twenties. Stress and habitual frowning (as you'd indicated you do) has a lot to do with it.

Same with the acupuncture needle. Normally an acupuncture needle wouldn't have caused any damage but because of your compromised health/stress, it may have.

It seems like you're convinced otherwise though but I'd suggest the best course of action would be to chill out and at least consider that the worst may be over, and entertain all possibilities til you sort it out.
And yes, diet can definitely contribute to skin health.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Compass wrote:
Sorry for all the typos, my phone is acting up! I means to say it does sound very tempting to go do down that path of treatment and you also don't have any control of whats happening to you.

No worries. I called UCLA's Dermatology Center today and they said in order to be considered for that Grand Rounds event, I need to be an actual patient of UCLA's Dermatology Department, so a nurse set me up with an appointment for next Tuesday. I feel slightly optimistic now, since UCLA is reknowned for being a last-stop, ultimate go to for very serious health conditions...so I'm thinking I'm in good hands. The nurse said aside from a normal consultation, the dermatologist I was set up with will perform tests and such as needed just to cover all bases again, so that's assuring to me.

LoriA wrote:
Boafriend, I think you misunderstood me. I meant that the line may have been inevitable (later on in life) and probably appeared early due to your skin being compromised, i.e. in deteriorated condition. I've known people who had elevens (vertical) in their early twenties. Stress and habitual frowning (as you'd indicated you do) has a lot to do with it.

Same with the acupuncture needle. Normally an acupuncture needle wouldn't have caused any damage but because of your compromised health/stress, it may have.

It seems like you're convinced otherwise though but I'd suggest the best course of action would be to chill out and at least consider that the worst may be over, and entertain all possibilities til you sort it out.
And yes, diet can definitely contribute to skin health.

Oh ok, I get what you are saying now. Yeah, I see where you are coming from, but either I'm stubborn as steel or the Devil is trolling me big time, because I know what elevens look like and the line I have isn't even in the area where people usually get elevens. The most darning thing is that in most lighting, I cannot even see this line, but as long as I hold a mirror near a window (or any natural lighting) - BAM, that sucker is right there on my forehead. If I look hard from a slight angle, the dent appears to be like a line with a hook (think a "C" kinda elongated/stretched out). I don't even know if people notice it, but that's the most annoying thing about these types of phenomena - the more you KNOW you have or see something, the MORE it will bother you and cause you to be self-conscious, regardless of whether or not others see what you are seeing. It's just weird. But your point is valid, and the fact that my skin has been acting this way since March does make me believe (obviously) some type of strange deterioration is going on, and it most definitely may have contributed to this line showing up.

And thanks for your kind words. I'm trying to tell myself to chill, but it's been 5 months coming and this thing has truly been a nightmare for me. I cannot imagine what damage (stress and anxiety) my body has gone through because of this. The acupuncturist I go to says my body is so damn tense, and while I've naturally been that way since I was young, I can say without a doubt in my mind that I've tensed up 3x more the past half year or so due to this weird skin problem.

Diet wise, I've most definitely made a change for the better (cutting down spicy food was a big leap for me), and I think that (along with regular exercise and Doxycycline, which I hope) has made the difference in my acne. Scar wise though, we're obviously not gonna find any answers for that because that's just silly. Lack of vitamins or a certain mineral, or even a blood issue (aside from autoimmune disorders) wouldn't cause dents to randomly spawn. Food allergies at worst would produce a nasty rash or some bumps, not scars. At one point I thought liquid MSM that I consumed for roughly 2 weeks (pre-auto scarring fiasco for a few scars I already have had) was contributing to this (I had taken this since I heard across multiple online discussion boards that MSM can help repair scarring over time), but it just seemed ludicrous since MSM is a natural component in the human body, and something like that would eventually be absorbed or leave the body, not linger around and cause dents or prickling sensations on the skin.

Compass is most definitely right when she refers to this as a nightmare, because it truly is (little rant coming up, sorry guys. I just need to let it out). I look back on years ago when I'd be all pissed off because of ONE pimple on a cheek or a red post-acne hyperpigmentation...ridiculous and mind-blowing to see how low I've fallen since then. What I used to think was complete "Eff my life" or the "end of the world" is so minuscule compared to what I've been experiencing now. Although I'm thankful my acne has subsided and improved a lot recently, I'd honestly give anything to just have my skin (and body in general - I'm talking the twitching and prickling sensations)go back to a more "normal" state (face wise, I'd rather go back to pimples and red marks or even a period in 2011 when I had an odd rash on my cheeks). Anything is better than physical indentions and those that form spontaneously. I feel so weirded out seeing other people now...anyone in public who isn't me, any person I see on the Internet whether it's in a YouTube video or in a picture on Yahoo....I just think to myself, "This person doesn't have the problem I'm going through" or "This guy doesn't have random scarring on his face. Why do I have it then?" I just don't understand. I know self-pitying is stupid and won't get me anywhere, but there are just times when I want to know WHY. This sucks big time. I just want to be able to march forward with my life and live it to the fullest, but this thing is holding me back like a pair of cuffs chained to the ground. I've been job searching for a while now too, and this issue has for sure impacted my professional life (lack of distance, literally, from coworkers, lack of eye contact, etc.). I just want to be free and leave this behind. If I am supposed to learn anything from all this drama, it's to love myself more (I've had self esteem issues growing up too, for other reasons) and to know that ONE pimple or a few is not the end of the world, and also - that making a change for a healthier lifestyle is truly a great thing. Now if only things could really get better.
wishful skin
5% products discount

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think it could be parasites in the body?
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
wishful skin wrote:
Do you think it could be parasites in the body?

Most definitely something I've considered, since I had come across some accounts of this online. However, I took Ivermectin already, which is supposed to rid of any type of parasite, bugs, scabies, the likes, and it didn't do anything for me. The prickling sensations continue all over my body as do the random indented scars and lines.
Compass
5% products discount

Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi boafriend..

That is VERY exciting news right there, I really hope they will find the root of this problem once and for all, and that is something they have encountered before. My course of action is to take my children and myself to a naturopath DR, I have been calling around different ones yesterday and today for free over the phone consultations and so far I'm feeling very down as most of them seemed puzzled by this condition and have not ever heard of it, it's very distressing to know I might be all alone with children with this skin issue. They all keep mentioning how they will check how the organs and the inside are affecting the skin, but I also keep asking them how is it possible that let's say an allergy, how can it affect their babies skin this way it's not a rash or redness, it's random scarring were dealing with.
I want to make sure I take them the most qualified person, but its hard to know! I think you should definately do the same! Call naturopaths around you area and ask for free consultations, do you have insurance that cover all your dermatology visits? I will also go down that path once our insurance kicks in. I NEED to find out the root of the problem. Also, please don't forget to get tested to demodex mites! Just so you can really really rule it out.

And yes this is a total nightmare you just want to wake up from, I use to love sleeping in or what not, now I just automatically wake up at 7 am with the worst anxiety and uncertainty of our future. My heart aches all the time and I feel the same way honestly is as if I myself could of wrote that. its affects our state of being so much, other people would just not understand! I see other kids and I'm immediately taking back just 2 months ago when this issue in my babies was never a worry in my life, I feel helpless of why it happend to them and so rapidly. All the other daily obstacles don't compared to what the burden this problems brings on me. I don't care for food, tv shows, outings, friends family it's horrible. So yes boafriend you are not alone! And we will find the answers we need. I'll keep you in my prayers.
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Compass wrote:
Hi boafriend..

That is VERY exciting news right there, I really hope they will find the root of this problem once and for all, and that is something they have encountered before. My course of action is to take my children and myself to a naturopath DR, I have been calling around different ones yesterday and today for free over the phone consultations and so far I'm feeling very down as most of them seemed puzzled by this condition and have not ever heard of it, it's very distressing to know I might be all alone with children with this skin issue. They all keep mentioning how they will check how the organs and the inside are affecting the skin, but I also keep asking them how is it possible that let's say an allergy, how can it affect their babies skin this way it's not a rash or redness, it's random scarring were dealing with.
I want to make sure I take them the most qualified person, but its hard to know! I think you should definately do the same! Call naturopaths around you area and ask for free consultations, do you have insurance that cover all your dermatology visits? I will also go down that path once our insurance kicks in. I NEED to find out the root of the problem. Also, please don't forget to get tested to demodex mites! Just so you can really really rule it out.

And yes this is a total nightmare you just want to wake up from, I use to love sleeping in or what not, now I just automatically wake up at 7 am with the worst anxiety and uncertainty of our future. My heart aches all the time and I feel the same way honestly is as if I myself could of wrote that. its affects our state of being so much, other people would just not understand! I see other kids and I'm immediately taking back just 2 months ago when this issue in my babies was never a worry in my life, I feel helpless of why it happend to them and so rapidly. All the other daily obstacles don't compared to what the burden this problems brings on me. I don't care for food, tv shows, outings, friends family it's horrible. So yes boafriend you are not alone! And we will find the answers we need. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Exciting news that I've taken Ivermectin already? Haha, thanks. Yeah it was something I did and that the dermatologist I saw at that point in time recommended as a safety net just to rule out all possibilities.

I fortunately do have insurance that covers dermatology visits - I just have a copay each visit. I am so sorry to hear that you don't have insurance; everyone should have it. I hope yours goes through and that you and your children are covered ASAP. Some places do have free consultations, so yeah - definitely keep looking.

I have considered neurologists since the twitching and prickling sensations I am experiencing ARE after all...feelings...which equal nerves. But my mom has been adamantly against neurologists, saying nerves are very complicated and that they'll have to take so many tests and scans, etc. I agree but I know no matter how complicated, no monetary value can compare to the ease you feel when serious diseases or complications are ruled out. It's the same way this way with allergists, too. I paid one allergist a visit but have not gone back for further action (I was emotionally drained and felt helpless...I felt like a one-man show of an undiagnosed freak disease or something). I had a dermatologist I visited who advised against complicated allergy testing, too, saying that they are a waste of money and that my scarring and such could not be allergy related.

I've thought that maybe I have some disease where tissue or collagen randomly depreciates (because like the recent dent on my forehead, it doesn't look so much like the lines I've previously formed - it's really more like just...a dented line), but I've looked into these things and nothing shown looks anything close to what I have. I really want to believe that I just have some freak thing going on that was just unfortunate but curable, but nothing is sure right now.

On my Tuesday visit, I will most definitely re-inquire about demodex mites, however I feel I may receive the same answer as I've been told from my previous visits. Demodex mites usually cause rosacea or rash like symptoms, not indented lines. I've even looked into scabies, and scabies can cause lines, but raised and just red lines, nothing indented.

Lastly, I sympathize with you and appreciate your blessings. I'll keep you in my prayers as well.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry that you find all the diet stuff obviously silly/ludicrous, but I've known people who've experienced harsh scarring and other severe skin issues due to lacking nutrition.

And unless I've missed something, you said that your random scarring appeared to have stopped, and then you had one mark appear on your forehead which has made you really anxious.

Our bodies are everchanging and alive with billions of microscopic organisms living in/on our skin. If we decide to tune in, there's no doubt we'd all find marks we hadn't noticed before and feel new sensations. Especially if your immune system's been compromised, which can happen due to illness but also after runs of pharmaceuticals. Many of us won't even take pharmaceuticals unless absolutely necessary because of the cocktail of things in them. What fixes one thing, can throw another thing out of whack. Thats why its recommended that you eat yogurt after a run of antibiotics, for example.

FYI, a lot of people CAN'T take MSM because of the side effects. And as I mentioned before Niacin flushes are common, not silly or ludicrous.. and can happen on less than a quarter the recommended dose. A lot of people experience this raising histamine/dilating blood vessels, as part of the natural immune response after eating certain foods.

So try to keep an open mind and you may be more likely to figure out a solution even if it doesn't turn out to be the exciting, spectacular one you may have had in mind.

boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Sorry that you find all the diet stuff obviously silly/ludicrous, but I've known people who've experienced harsh scarring and other severe skin issues due to lacking nutrition.

And unless I've missed something, you said that your random scarring appeared to have stopped, and then you had one mark appear on your forehead which has made you really anxious.

Our bodies are everchanging and alive with billions of microscopic organisms living in/on our skin. If we decide to tune in, there's no doubt we'd all find marks we hadn't noticed before and feel new sensations. Especially if your immune system's been compromised, which can happen due to illness but also after runs of pharmaceuticals. Many of us won't even take pharmaceuticals unless absolutely necessary because of the cocktail of things in them. What fixes one thing, can throw another thing out of whack. Thats why its recommended that you eat yogurt after a run of antibiotics, for example.

FYI, a lot of people CAN'T take MSM because of the side effects. And as I mentioned before Niacin flushes are common, not silly or ludicrous.. and can happen on less than a quarter the recommended dose. A lot of people experience this raising histamine/dilating blood vessels, as part of the natural immune response after eating certain foods.

So try to keep an open mind and you may be more likely to figure out a solution even if it doesn't turn out to be the exciting, spectacular one you may have had in mind.

I'm ruling out diet in general as a factor because I have been eating a lot healthier than usual since the spontaneous scarring occurred. In terms of any vitamin deficiency, I had inquired extensively with the derms I had seen and each one said deficiency cannot cause randoms scars in the skin. Rashes maybe, but not scars. And as I had mentioned, I had a blood test done, and my vitamin and mineral levels were all in the report, all of which the derm confirmed to be as normal and healthy.

And yes, you are right about the scarring. And my mom mentioned something similar, saying perhaps the line was there and I hadn't noticed, but I am absolutely positive it formed on its own. As stubborn as I may sound, it's my face - I know it well. I took notice of my forehead when this one horizontal frown line (which yes, this one I've had for quite some time)seemed to indent in (and a dermatologist confirmed this with a light that there was some indention there). So I was taking note of my forehead...so had this newly formed line been there back then, I for sure would have known.

As for some people not being able to take MSM...=/ Yeah I really didn't know that; I mean of course ANYTHING taken, mineral or supplement-wise, has its risks, as everyone's body is different. But I just don't think my taking it should affect my body to this extent. If the prickling and twitching went on for a little bit and had stopped, then I'd probably understand...but this has been 4 months coming (the prickling/twitching).
wishful skin
5% products discount

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Your experience actually reminds me of something. I have had Chinese acupuncture and cupping done too, as well as scraping, about 3 years ago. I developed quite a frown line from it too. It's weird because at the time I was wondering if it had caused it, but it looks more like a regular frown line, it sounds like yours is more of a scar? A lot of people get vertical frown lines between their eyebrows so I just thought I must be starting to get wrinkles ( I was only 24) and I swear I never had that line before. I thought it was from the scraping because it was very painful and I would frown a lot during it, but it left such a deep crease. After like a year, it did seem to lighten up a bit and not seem so noticeable, I was very conscious about frowning or squinting, and sleeping on my left side, and I would massage the wrinkle too. I've even bought some of those sticky things you put on your face when you go to sleep to prevent lines, but they're expensive, and don't last long so I stopped using them. But just recently, in certain lighting, I've been noticing this line has gone half way up my forehead and I was thinking this wrinkle is getting worse, I started looking into buying one of those anti-wrinkle pillows to sleep on, but they look small and uncomfortable, and they're kinda expensive. I don't know if it's normal, but I don't have any frown lines on my right side, it's just the left that developed into a deep crease. I've always blamed myself for frowning so much during that particular procedure, but now that I think about it, how did I go from no line to a deep wrinkle in a matter of a few weeks, that can't happen from a normal amount of frowning.

Also when I started it, my cycle lasted only 2 weeks (which is very short), that's happened when I've done a fast too. So it does have some effect on the body, my guess is that the body gets very weak when undergoing this stuff and is more susceptible to damage. And in your case, assuming you have something, possibly bringing up something that was dormant in your body, if that is the case. That crawling sensation...I think most people experience that from time to time. If it's occurring regularly and frequently, it would certainly be something to get checked out. I don't know the cause of it, maybe a nerve thing, but I don't think it's entirely unusual since I've experienced that on occasion, not recently, but in the past.

I don't mean to downplay your physical marks, but just think, there are a lot of people out there who have bad skin too with all sorts of dents in their skin and some people with third degree burns on their body. It is depressing to see so many people with beautiful skin, I have a lot of problems with mine, it can make you feel alone, but I remind myself there are people who deal with some serious disfigurations. And assuming you don't have some kind of degenerative disease or serious condition, these lines and marks can be made less noticeable with the right stuff, but it takes time. Also as I was saying earlier, that kind of therapy may weaken the body/skin and accelerate damage that was already there or cause lines to show up that normally wouldn't so it may not be as serious as you think, but I would cover all areas like you are doing to be sure. The most stressful part of it must be not knowing.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Boafriend, you're not understanding me. You're looking for a single answer, but I'm not suggesting one.

Skin takes time to turn over, and the body more time than that to purge and heal from whatever contributed to the compromised condition - whether it be diet, pharmaceuticals, treatments, stress or whatever else it may have been IN COMBINATION, that allowed your skin issues to happen.

Niacin flushes wouldn't be due to any deficiency and would only explain the prickling, not the scarring, which might in fact be separate issues. There is such a thing as coincidence.

And I wasn't implying the forehead line wasn't there before (I already talked about how it might have happened, much like it did with wishful skin). I was referring to the knees & prickly feeling. And again, like wishful skin said, both the scarring & the prickles could be something that was dormant, now awakened due to your heightened awareness of your skin.

boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
wishful skin wrote:
Your experience actually reminds me of something. I have had Chinese acupuncture and cupping done too, as well as scraping, about 3 years ago. I developed quite a frown line from it too. It's weird because at the time I was wondering if it had caused it, but it looks more like a regular frown line, it sounds like yours is more of a scar? A lot of people get vertical frown lines between their eyebrows so I just thought I must be starting to get wrinkles ( I was only 24) and I swear I never had that line before. I thought it was from the scraping because it was very painful and I would frown a lot during it, but it left such a deep crease. After like a year, it did seem to lighten up a bit and not seem so noticeable, I was very conscious about frowning or squinting, and sleeping on my left side, and I would massage the wrinkle too. I've even bought some of those sticky things you put on your face when you go to sleep to prevent lines, but they're expensive, and don't last long so I stopped using them. But just recently, in certain lighting, I've been noticing this line has gone half way up my forehead and I was thinking this wrinkle is getting worse, I started looking into buying one of those anti-wrinkle pillows to sleep on, but they look small and uncomfortable, and they're kinda expensive. I don't know if it's normal, but I don't have any frown lines on my right side, it's just the left that developed into a deep crease. I've always blamed myself for frowning so much during that particular procedure, but now that I think about it, how did I go from no line to a deep wrinkle in a matter of a few weeks, that can't happen from a normal amount of frowning.

Also when I started it, my cycle lasted only 2 weeks (which is very short), that's happened when I've done a fast too. So it does have some effect on the body, my guess is that the body gets very weak when undergoing this stuff and is more susceptible to damage. And in your case, assuming you have something, possibly bringing up something that was dormant in your body, if that is the case. That crawling sensation...I think most people experience that from time to time. If it's occurring regularly and frequently, it would certainly be something to get checked out. I don't know the cause of it, maybe a nerve thing, but I don't think it's entirely unusual since I've experienced that on occasion, not recently, but in the past.

I don't mean to downplay your physical marks, but just think, there are a lot of people out there who have bad skin too with all sorts of dents in their skin and some people with third degree burns on their body. It is depressing to see so many people with beautiful skin, I have a lot of problems with mine, it can make you feel alone, but I remind myself there are people who deal with some serious disfigurations. And assuming you don't have some kind of degenerative disease or serious condition, these lines and marks can be made less noticeable with the right stuff, but it takes time. Also as I was saying earlier, that kind of therapy may weaken the body/skin and accelerate damage that was already there or cause lines to show up that normally wouldn't so it may not be as serious as you think, but I would cover all areas like you are doing to be sure. The most stressful part of it must be not knowing.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, mine...it's not really a scar (I kind of find it hard to describe)...it's like a line that just indented. I guess you could call it a scar. Sorry I'm not being clear. Funny you mentioned scraping though because my mom told me to use one of those scraping tools on my area the day I discovered the indented line and the entire area reddened. Currently I don't think the line has worsened by any means, but something is most definitely there, and I'm extremely upset about it.

And I'm a male, so I can't speak for periods, but obviously stress and experiencing anxiety over all this could be contributing, I know. And aside from my acupuncture, I do cupping too (I've wondered at one point if this contributed to the lines on my knees, since I have cupping all over my legs). The acupuncturist used to use a scraping tool on my forehead and temples, too. Not sure if this brought up whatever may have been "dormant" in my body, as some of you have termed.

As for the twitching and prickling sensations, yeah I definitely am aware that some people go through it for some periods of time, but the problem is, from what I've gathered online, it's only a temporary thing. My experience has gone on for 4 months now, and I've even read experiences of people going on 2 years of this madness, all with no solutions from the medical community. It's frightening. My experience is definitely frequent and it spread to parts of my body over time (started only in my legs and hips, then spread to my arms and shoulders, then my hair and eyebrows were the last victims). I've inquired about this at dermatologists and the allergist I went to, but for the most part everyone just said it was probably due to stress or anxiety. Doesn't help me too much.

And I totally feel you on the whole notion of looking at the bigger scheme of things. I know there are people out there have it so much worse, but the fact is - when it is you yourself, and it's something you have no control over and no help to (and the issue worsens and occurs on its own), it's a dark tunnel with no light at the end. I've tried telling myself this, but it's just not working anymore because I am losing my sanity bit by bit everyday that this madness ensues. Unfortunately, I have high standards for my appearance, too, so this doesn't help one bit. I know perfection does not exist and I'm not chasing that ideology. I had a few scars on my face already before all this madness started - and I'm willing to live with that condition - but the fact that all this became spontaneous and my face started getting more and more scars...it's just crazy and unacceptable to me.

LoriA wrote:
Boafriend, you're not understanding me. You're looking for a single answer, but I'm not suggesting one.

Skin takes time to turn over, and the body more time than that to purge and heal from whatever contributed to the compromised condition - whether it be diet, pharmaceuticals, treatments, stress or whatever else it may have been IN COMBINATION, that allowed your skin issues to happen.

Niacin flushes wouldn't be due to any deficiency and would only explain the prickling, not the scarring, which might in fact be separate issues. There is such a thing as coincidence.

And I wasn't implying the forehead line wasn't there before (I already talked about how it might have happened, much like it did with wishful skin). I was referring to the knees & prickly feeling. And again, like wishful skin said, both the scarring & the prickles could be something that was dormant, now awakened due to your heightened awareness of your skin.

My bad. I thought you were trying to throw out suggestions as to what is causing my problems. I get you now.

My acupuncturist actually said something similar to what you're suggesting (the whole COMBINATION of factors theory). Her take is that the muscles and tendons in my body are way too tense (which they truly are), so the indented lines started forming as a result (note this doesn't explain the random pockmarks though) and this damage occurred over the course of many years. She says all the twitching and prickling is a long-time-coming result of this overly tenseness, too. I've been going in for treatments since May, and I have obviously not felt any tremendous improvement - but just like you said, she stated that for my body to recover from this, it's gonna take a LONG time.

Anyways, thank you. I don't want any of you to think I am arguing or trying to refute your claims or theories - I'm just trying to throw out as much of how I'm seeing the situation, and to correct anything said to be most accurate. I really appreciate everyone's input and words of encouragement.
Compass
5% products discount

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi boafriend,

What I meant by very exciting need was the fact that you will be treated by the top dermatologists in this country, and I'm very excited for you. Again I really hope you can find some answers and please don't forget to check back.

So I'm kinda of changing my course and going to dermatologist/dermapathologist and he has a very impressive school record, and reviews. Hopefully he can give me a diagnosis of what this condition could be on children and I will definately ask him about those freak mites. From there I might then go to a naturopath and treat them naturally since all they can do for me is treat me and my kids as a whole. I really want a diagnosis.
boafriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Compass wrote:
Hi boafriend,

What I meant by very exciting need was the fact that you will be treated by the top dermatologists in this country, and I'm very excited for you. Again I really hope you can find some answers and please don't forget to check back.

So I'm kinda of changing my course and going to dermatologist/dermapathologist and he has a very impressive school record, and reviews. Hopefully he can give me a diagnosis of what this condition could be on children and I will definately ask him about those freak mites. From there I might then go to a naturopath and treat them naturally since all they can do for me is treat me and my kids as a whole. I really want a diagnosis.

Oh, I see. Yeah I'm not sure if the Grand Rounds thing will happen or not, but I'm just taking comfort in the fact that it's UCLA. Granted, some of the previous dermatologists I've seen have been graduates or had residencies completed at USC, Georgetown University, University of San Francisco - and none have been able to give me a diagnosis. But let's stay hopeful. I know it's hard because I myself have been losing hope with every new dent or line that I discover, but...let's just pray.

And I definitely won't forget about this thread - I've actually been checking it every few hours since I started it just to see if there are any new replies or glimmers of hope from people. I will definitely update.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |