Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml) Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) Sothys Duo Repair Balm + Rebalancing Ampoules (2 items)
Random Scarring The Past Months (Please Help!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:42 am      Reply with quote
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1378160

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1378160


Apparently there are several posters with facial dents at curezone. Here is a listing of the posts...hopefully you can get some assistance there.

http://www.google.com/custom?domains=curezone.com&sitesearch=curezone.com&client=pub-0846790371736460&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=GALT%3A%23008000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23336699%3BVLC%3A663399%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3A336699%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BT%3A000000%3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BFORID%3A1%3B&hl=en&q=Dents+face&sa=Go

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Compass
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Boafriend!

I stumbled upon this very informative forum on I honestly am having a lot of hope, since I guess is not so uncommon for ppl to have this devastating condition. So it could be possibly due to a omega 3- omega 6 inbalance, which it rings so many bells with me since 2 months before this happened to my babies I fed them flaxseed everyday in their diet multiple times a day! Thinking I was doing good, it was actually the first thing I blamed it on and removed, but I guess it takes a while for there to be a balance again, please head on over to the website and read from the beginning! And let me
know if this could have influenced your condition as well. Something I copied from there.


"Flax oil (3.5 times richer in omega 3 than omega 6) can lead to omega 6 deficiency, because omega 3s and 6s compete for enzyme space in our cells. On unrefined flax oil made with health in mind (the first oil I developed in North America) I experienced dry eyes, skipped heart beats, joint pains, and fragile, thin skin. Others have suffered similar problems. The Inuit's 2.5:1 balance is the omega 3-richest traditional diet-nature's measure of the upper limit of safe omega 3 richness." Or fish oil, and too much vitamin A.



It won't let me put a link in here! Sen me your address so I can send it to you!
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the Cure Zone links.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole candida thing I'm seeing that's widespread in those links. I had tests done for autoimmune disorders as well as parasites and yeast/fungal infections, so I'm not sure what to say. I even took Ivermectin as a precaution to clear any potential internal bugs.

And I'm seeing your snippet about Omega 3's and as far as flax seed oil is concerned, I've never taken such supplements. However, with these Omegas mentioned, I do know they are abundant in fish. I've actually eaten a TON of fish for months. Fish has actually been a large part of my diet, and I recently cut down by a lot. I can say that previously (and this was during this whole denting/scarring horror, too) I probably had two fillets a day (dinner). However, we all know too much of one thing is not good, so I eventually stopped because I was getting sick of fish and knew too much could do harm. I never thought that it could maybe be a link in all this.

Like I've mentioned, the only supplement I introduced to my body was MSM liquid, which I took for I'd say 2 weeks, then stopped.

What I'm gathering from this Cure Zone stuff is that this scarring thing definitely isn't as rare as I thought, then, especially after seeing these threads. I'm kind of worried by that first link posted, though. The poster claims to have gone to UCLA's dermatology (where I will be going on Tuesday) and received zero help. -__-
Compass
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi boafriend!

Yes it really seems to be related to an unbalance of essential fatty acids, this could be it! I'm still currently trying to gather more information, that forum has pages after pages of experiences and info. And you know what we all have in common? We all consumed some sort of omega-3 or loads of vitamin A.

I'm telling you I constantly added this yo my kids smoothies and cereals, pancakes, food. It was an overload! If this is the case I feel so freaking guilty! Without the right balance of this oils our skin looses elasticity and becomes thin. Let me ask you, when you said your scarring stopped was it around the same time you stopped eating fish constantly? And yes your right too much of something is def not good. I'm starting to think my kids also have a calcium defiency since I don't really feed them milk afraid of hormones and antibiotics, which also plays a huge role in our skin. Have to buy organic milk from now on.

Well you should search AMVC spontaneous scarring on acne dot org. Please read all the info you can take in, I'm so busy with my kids and wish I had more time to do research. Let me know everything you get out of this. And please don't loose hope! Go in there thinking you will get some answers from your dermatologist.
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Compass wrote:
Hi boafriend!

Yes it really seems to be related to an unbalance of essential fatty acids, this could be it! I'm still currently trying to gather more information, that forum has pages after pages of experiences and info. And you know what we all have in common? We all consumed some sort of omega-3 or loads of vitamin A.

I'm telling you I constantly added this yo my kids smoothies and cereals, pancakes, food. It was an overload! If this is the case I feel so freaking guilty! Without the right balance of this oils our skin looses elasticity and becomes thin. Let me ask you, when you said your scarring stopped was it around the same time you stopped eating fish constantly? And yes your right too much of something is def not good. I'm starting to think my kids also have a calcium defiency since I don't really feed them milk afraid of hormones and antibiotics, which also plays a huge role in our skin. Have to buy organic milk from now on.

Well you should search AMVC spontaneous scarring on acne dot org. Please read all the info you can take in, I'm so busy with my kids and wish I had more time to do research. Let me know everything you get out of this. And please don't loose hope! Go in there thinking you will get some answers from your dermatologist.


Come to think of it, I have read claims about omega fatty acids and vitamin A contributing to all this (I've also read lots of stories about Retin-A and any vitamin A-based topicals supposedly "causing" scarring). But I never read too much into these things because it's hard to keep track of and there are no proven tests or studies to back any of this up. Furthermore, I've inquired at several derms about people's claims of vitamin A topicals "causing" scarring and they've all brushed this off, saying it's a wide misconception people have.

And I've read as much as I can on AMVC (I first came across it on Acne.org through a Google search for "random scarring on face". I think I noted in my initial post that I've brought it to the attention of the derms I've seen. Only one had heard of it, but she just told me she doubted that I had it since the "disease" has nearly no history and has no big, definitive studies behind it. She told me many dermatologists doubt the "disease" actually exists. If you look up the origin of AMVC, it was coined by someone describing the dents a man had had on his face, so the derm who's heard of it told me it's perhaps even just a descriptive term that was made up a long time ago. The derm I emailed who suggested Grand Rounds to me told me he's heard of AMVC through a few small case studies (there are some, I've seen. But they don't help you out too much because they state there is no solution or treatment) but has never come across a patient with the condition. So I think we can't jump around thinking we have this disease, although it unfortunately is the only medical thing we can come across that describes the condition we are having. And as a whole, there is not much information out there on AMVC, which makes this all even more frustrating.

I will definitely bring it up in my visit on Tuesday, and I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Okay guys, so I'm back and unfortunately, I don't have anything positive to say about my UCLA visit today.

The dermatologist I saw kept insisting whatever I was showing and telling her were just acne scars. I told her over and over that a lot of them formed on their own without the presence of acne and even tried showing her those little "pores connecting into lines" type of indented lines, but she wasn't very caring about it all. She told me those little lines she was seeing were WRINKLES, and continued to tell me how people get wrinkles as they age, etc etc. Well, yes...DUH, but I'm only 23 and I've used sunscreen religiously since I was like 14. Not to say this makes me immune from wrinkles, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

She even brought in a colleague dermatologist to get a second opinion on the spot (this colleague looked more caring and concerned about my scarring than my appointed dermatologist was), but they both concluded that I should get another blood test done, and this time to check for more things since I had told them about the prickly and tingly sensations I've been experiencing. The second dermatologist didn't say a word about my scarring, though. Not sure what she thought.

Pretty much a wasted visit and a huge disappointment for me since I was expecting more from a place like UCLA. It took me about 1.5hrs to drive there with LA's infamous morning traffic and I paid $12 for parking, too. Not to mention although I had a $20 copay per my insurance, I was notified by a girl at the dermatology front desk that PPO doesn't cover the hospital fee UCLA charges (since they are a university medical center, they charge a hospital fee), so I guess I'm in for a shocker in the mail soon. Kinda sucks because I even called them yesterday to inquire about what the fees would be like because I was worried from reading a few reviews from people saying they were slapped with a $200 or so fee just for a visit, but the girl on the phone told me to just bring my insurance card as usual and that things should be ok.

I got blood drawn in their laboratory so I guess we'll just have to wait on that. I appreciate the nurse there who helped me because she was the one who came in my room again and asked me about my blood test from LabCorp (where lots of patient info on there was wrong, such as gender, DOB, etc.) and how she suggested I get another one done to be sure it's my blood. I had noticed these errors early on and even corrected that particular LabCorp office, but who's to say if that blood test result was really mine or that of some 70 year old woman.

So for those of you like Compass who were hoping to hear something about demodex mites or AMVC scarring, sorry. I didn't even have a chance to bring these up at the rate that the dermatologist was dismissing my claims and concerns.

As for Grand Rounds (which was the initial point of my visit here), the dermatologist I saw said they aren't going on right now and will start in a few months. If I wanted to take part in it (now that I technically am a patient of UCLA), that I could just call and let them know.
Compass
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello boafriend!!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, it is so hard to get answers from doctor now days, all they know how to do is prescribe and cut people open I am very lucky to have found a very caring dermatologist who I took my kids too yesterday as well, even though he wasn't much of help either he did take the time to listen to me and my concerns and was very good with my kids and also knew a lot about demodex mites, I asked for a skin scraping and did it right in the spot! I was disappointed he didn't really scrape where the most damage is on my daughter and everything started, he scraped a little on both cheeks and nose and he apparently saw nothing under the microscope. I guess we can rule that out now. He also didn't know anything about amvc scarring.

He pretty much just said her skin is maturing a little after due to over production of sebum and is dilating her pores but is within the normal range and can't prescribe or won't treat it cause to him it looked just fine. And the random dented lines and pocks could just be due to allergies and her rubbing her skin too much. He really dont have an answer for that one i could tell, so I left that place knowing exactly the same thing, I asked him to prescribe a cream that supports collagen and elastin and he just said retin a does that but in this case it could do more damage. I have to note that her skin is looking better and better, her random dents have stopped god willing it stays like that and her pores seem to start just going back to just shrink and get skin texture is really baby smooth again, of course there is texture an pores are still dilating but I don't think is getting worse and I'm telling you look under that forum I previously mentioned, you'll find the info there. I have been applying evening primrose oil on her skin and they have been drinking some as well an I think this has made all the difference In almost sure there was an essential fatty acids inbalance due to all the accumulated flax seed I constantly fed them. I'm gonna stay hopeful and keep praying I see more improvement to the point it completely ceases.

Look into borage oil, evening primrose oil and benefits an start taking calcium citrate with magnesium without magnesium stereate it's really bad for our gut.

Good luck and please don't disappear!
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Compass wrote:
Hello boafriend!!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, it is so hard to get answers from doctor now days, all they know how to do is prescribe and cut people open I am very lucky to have found a very caring dermatologist who I took my kids too yesterday as well, even though he wasn't much of help either he did take the time to listen to me and my concerns and was very good with my kids and also knew a lot about demodex mites, I asked for a skin scraping and did it right in the spot! I was disappointed he didn't really scrape where the most damage is on my daughter and everything started, he scraped a little on both cheeks and nose and he apparently saw nothing under the microscope. I guess we can rule that out now. He also didn't know anything about amvc scarring.

He pretty much just said her skin is maturing a little after due to over production of sebum and is dilating her pores but is within the normal range and can't prescribe or won't treat it cause to him it looked just fine. And the random dented lines and pocks could just be due to allergies and her rubbing her skin too much. He really dont have an answer for that one i could tell, so I left that place knowing exactly the same thing, I asked him to prescribe a cream that supports collagen and elastin and he just said retin a does that but in this case it could do more damage. I have to note that her skin is looking better and better, her random dents have stopped god willing it stays like that and her pores seem to start just going back to just shrink and get skin texture is really baby smooth again, of course there is texture an pores are still dilating but I don't think is getting worse and I'm telling you look under that forum I previously mentioned, you'll find the info there. I have been applying evening primrose oil on her skin and they have been drinking some as well an I think this has made all the difference In almost sure there was an essential fatty acids inbalance due to all the accumulated flax seed I constantly fed them. I'm gonna stay hopeful and keep praying I see more improvement to the point it completely ceases.

Look into borage oil, evening primrose oil and benefits an start taking calcium citrate with magnesium without magnesium stereate it's really bad for our gut.

Good luck and please don't disappear!


Compass, I'm glad to hear you've finally been able to see a dermatologist, nonetheless have testing done. I don't know the age of your children, but try for a blood test if necessary as well, just to cover all bounds.

Scraping wise, the dermatologist will usually scrape an area where you're seeing the actual problem, so that's odd he didn't do that. However, I think if demodex mites were the problem, they'd be visible on any part of the face scraped, since they're bugs after all and they move all over. Yeah I'm not surprised demodex mites weren't an issue because that was what I was told (although I wasn't tested for those). If you look up damage that demodex mites cause, they're not consistent with dented lines - they're usually rashes, bumps, and overall associated with rosacea like symptoms.

Also, I'm surprised and glad to hear that your daughter's scarring has seemed to stop. I felt that way for a while...and then it all came back (just the weird lines though, no pitted dents).

Would you mind linking (or attempting to. You can message me)those forum links? I've looked in those links previously provided and have just been met with an overwhelming amount of info.

I'll look into evening primrose oil. I'm actually applying a serum (more like an oil, though) from a brand called Yuli (Cell Perfecto PM) that apparently does help pitted scars. You'll see some reviews on it online. Results as always, are not immediate, and the product is ridiculously expensive, but I figured it was worth a shot. Apparently the brand is nearly unheard of since they do not market at all and depend on word-of-mouth or online recommendations.

Also, what's the deal with calcium citrate with magnesium? How does this help the scarring or whole fatty acid imbalance fiasco?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 1194
Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was told by several doctors that if you have random itching that you can try taking Hydroxizine? that also goes under the same Atarax?

or also maybe try Benadryl as that is supposed to be for allergies.

I am not a medical person, this is just what I was told, maybe it can help someone.
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I was told by several doctors that if you have random itching that you can try taking Hydroxizine? that also goes under the same Atarax?

or also maybe try Benadryl as that is supposed to be for allergies.

I am not a medical person, this is just what I was told, maybe it can help someone.


Thanks for the help. My sensations aren't really "itching" per say...more of prickling/tingly sensations.

I went to an allergist who suggested Zyrtec for 2 weeks, but I felt zero difference.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
boafriend wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I was told by several doctors that if you have random itching that you can try taking Hydroxizine? that also goes under the same Atarax?

or also maybe try Benadryl as that is supposed to be for allergies.

I am not a medical person, this is just what I was told, maybe it can help someone.


Thanks for the help. My sensations aren't really "itching" per say...more of prickling/tingly sensations.

I went to an allergist who suggested Zyrtec for 2 weeks, but I felt zero difference.


Have you tried taking an anti-anxiety med? I had tingling on my scalp that drove me NUTS, and I would try all kinds of things to get rid of it...rubbing alcohol, hair color, etc. Nothing worked until my derm put me on a low-dosage anti-anxiety to help with what he described as short circuiting nerves. It worked like a charm.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
boafriend wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I was told by several doctors that if you have random itching that you can try taking Hydroxizine? that also goes under the same Atarax?

or also maybe try Benadryl as that is supposed to be for allergies.

I am not a medical person, this is just what I was told, maybe it can help someone.


Thanks for the help. My sensations aren't really "itching" per say...more of prickling/tingly sensations.

I went to an allergist who suggested Zyrtec for 2 weeks, but I felt zero difference.


Have you tried taking an anti-anxiety med? I had tingling on my scalp that drove me NUTS, and I would try all kinds of things to get rid of it...rubbing alcohol, hair color, etc. Nothing worked until my derm put me on a low-dosage anti-anxiety to help with what he described as short circuiting nerves. It worked like a charm.


I actually haven't. I haven't gone to any neurologist or any doctor specializing in nerves. I've only seen dermatologists and one allergist. I wasn't made recommendations to see any nerve specialist either.

It irks me because I'm not particularly feeling anxiety towards anything, although the scarring I've been experiencing for 5 months now has really upset me and made me extremely depressed. I'm guessing this could be causing anxiety? Is there any over-the-counter thing anti-anxiety med I can try?
WorriedMom
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Please keep this going with any new information! My 17-year-old daughter has developed spontaneous pitted and indented scarring on her face. In some cases they form a line, especially near her mouth. She is scheduled to start accutane next week, but she really doesn't have acne. Her scarring is appearing where she hasn't had pimples. My first thought has been folliculitis, but none of the descriptions fit for her scarring forming lines. She has multiple lines and seem to appear daily!!! I am going insane searching the web for anything that will give me a clue as to what is happening. In the last two months her skin has changed drastically - an I am so scared. PLEASE update with any new information.
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
WorriedMom wrote:
Please keep this going with any new information! My 17-year-old daughter has developed spontaneous pitted and indented scarring on her face. In some cases they form a line, especially near her mouth. She is scheduled to start accutane next week, but she really doesn't have acne. Her scarring is appearing where she hasn't had pimples. My first thought has been folliculitis, but none of the descriptions fit for her scarring forming lines. She has multiple lines and seem to appear daily!!! I am going insane searching the web for anything that will give me a clue as to what is happening. In the last two months her skin has changed drastically - an I am so scared. PLEASE update with any new information.


I'm so sorry to hear that. At the same time though, I'm glad that there are more people coming forward with this issue. From here and Acne.org, I'd say there are at least 15 people who are experiencing this random scarring - I really think medical professionals need to be more aware about this.

WorriedMom, for now, read the thread from Acne.org on AMVC spontaneous scarring. A few members in there have found that the scarring may be due to an imbalance in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, in addition to perhaps a lack of calcium.

I check this thread every day, multiple times, so don't worry...it'll be updated all the time.
WorriedMom
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Just finished posting on the acne.org thread and found this message too. Guess we will be working through this together... I am so depressed and hope that there can be some solution. Until I found these threads and all the matching symptoms, I thought we had found the answer to her problems by starting accutane. Now, unfortunately, I m really worried and feel I need to get some more answers. Especially from our dermatologist. Is it Lupus? AMVC? Too little calcium? Too much Omega 3? It is overwhelming and with each day that passes the scarring continues. I will keep praying for guidance and perhaps information to help. There are a few references to accutane and AMVC that I found and one in which a children's pits were shrunk/refilled. I just don't know... please let me know if you have any more thoughts or suggestions. thank you
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:39 am      Reply with quote
WorriedMom wrote:
Just finished posting on the acne.org thread and found this message too. Guess we will be working through this together... I am so depressed and hope that there can be some solution. Until I found these threads and all the matching symptoms, I thought we had found the answer to her problems by starting accutane. Now, unfortunately, I m really worried and feel I need to get some more answers. Especially from our dermatologist. Is it Lupus? AMVC? Too little calcium? Too much Omega 3? It is overwhelming and with each day that passes the scarring continues. I will keep praying for guidance and perhaps information to help. There are a few references to accutane and AMVC that I found and one in which a children's pits were shrunk/refilled. I just don't know... please let me know if you have any more thoughts or suggestions. thank you


You should start by having a blood test done for autoimmune disorders (and anything else the derm sees as necessary).

And most derma from my experience have never heard of AMVC or will have seen some case studies, but they can't help if you think you have it. The ones I've seen who've heard of it have all convinced me on the spot that I don't have it
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 1194
Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you "think" you are deficient in calcium, iron or vitamin D...or anything.....

Why do you not go to the doctor and ask for a blood test that tells you what vitamins and minerals or other things you are too low or high of?

All family doctors and even medical clinics can order this test.

Then you will know for sure if you are deficient in anything.

I have to actually have a test for nutrients/vitamins pretty much every month as I can have very bad problems with low iron if I am not careful or happen to get too many bumps n bruises from stuff...
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
If you "think" you are deficient in calcium, iron or vitamin D...or anything.....

Why do you not go to the doctor and ask for a blood test that tells you what vitamins and minerals or other things you are too low or high of?

All family doctors and even medical clinics can order this test.

Then you will know for sure if you are deficient in anything.

I have to actually have a test for nutrients/vitamins pretty much every month as I can have very bad problems with low iron if I am not careful or happen to get too many bumps n bruises from stuff...


I don't know about the other members, but I had a blood test done during my UCLA visit from last week, but I'm waiting on the dermatologist I went to give me a call back.

I personally don't think I could be deficient in calcium since I've consumed cheese and yogurt regularly the past 6 months or so (when all this madness started). Perhaps I'm lacking or low in something else, but it's just a matter of time until those test results come out.

I'm supposed to get a full body check and liver & kidney test sometime soon, so we'll see how that works out.

But people who were active in this thread, please keep it going. I think for now, we need to keep AMVC out of our heads because any medical professional is going to doubt its existence and severity. But just for some unknown, unexplained reason, we are all experiencing these random indentions on our faces.
delo
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 4
Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote
This last few months i been expierencing the exact same problem on point. Every day i pretty much find a new one and i thought it was crazy that you get the sensations all over when your go to bed, because i get the same exact thing mainly when i lay down is the only time i notice it. It feels like bugs are crawling all over me and i look and nothings there, it keeps me up for a while i try to ignore it but its hard. These scar looking line things are driving me crazy im scared there never going to go away and they just keep appearing, its depressing not to know a cause and it just keeps happening. This is the only thing i could find online about these symptoms and we have the same problem. I was glad to see i'm not going through this horrible stuff alone though. Any news on how to treat it or what it is? thanks for reading
-Delo
delo
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 4
Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I think everyone going through this should write exactly what they are using(dietary,products in the bathroom,products in the kitchen).

I remember getting one dark sort of indented line
upwards my eyebrow after using elicina cream.nd i was feeling this tingling sensation when going to bed,like zapping me).
But it maybe was the damaged skin that the cream sort of made it break if you know what i mean.

I believe everybody should score evey chemical in the rubbish basket.

_________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
UCLA called me back yesterday with the results for that blood test I had done, and everything is normal (they checked for autoimmune disorders and B12 deficiency). I'm assuming I'm not deficient in any vitamins or minerals, so...kinda back to the drawing board here.

I've had 2 of those dotted-line dents form this week. Crazy. I just discovered one near my lip while I was getting ready to go out.

I went to a doctor yesterday because my mom suggested I get a full body checkup and I explained to her (this doctor is a general family doctor) my symptoms and she obviously couldn't say too much, but she said generally stress can be subconscious on some level and could maybe be causing all this madness. I had blood drawn this morning for deeper testing (the doctor had said it would cover a liver panel and kidney panel as well as blood cell count, etc etc.) and also had a urine sample taken (just off the spot, I noticed my urine was darker in color today, esp when placed next to 2 other samples that were on the table. Mine was very dark. Haha) But pretty much, we will proceed from here to see what we can do. Like the other blood tests I've had, the doctors and nurses say if nothing is wrong with my blood, then I won't need any further action. And if there are any red flags that they notice, they will contact me.

Anyways, I wish everyone the best at this point. This thread as well as the Acne.org AMVC thread are all testament that people are experiencing something that while rare, is not THAT uncommon if you put together how many people have been coming forward with their concerns. I wish Compass would provide an update since she had been in touch with me for weeks regarding this scarring and said her daughter's scarring seems to have stopped with topical application of evening primrose oil.

It'll take about a week for my blood and urine test results from today to come out, but at this point like said, it doesn't seem I'm deficient in anything. However, I know some people have pointed out that some deficiencies cannot be detected by blood testing, so...IDK. The UCLA test only covered a few things so I'm thinking the blood I had drawn for a body check today could possibly reveal more.

I'm not putting in any shameless plugs right now, but I suggest for those of you who really want to try ridding or fading these lines and dents to try one of two things: Yuli's Cell Perfecto PM Serum or NovoScar MD. The former is pricey as hell ($98 ) but you can search and see that there are a few people who've used it for real, legit scarring, and have claimed to really have seen improvement, if not total healing. The product is packed full of plant peptides and extracts that are supposed to regenerate skin from the inside and outside. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and do not see any significant changes (obviously, it's gonna take time), but I'm trying to keep hope because this product claims to help real acne scarring. The latter I found through a SkyMall magazine and I contacted NovoScar's customer service and apparently this scar serum is brand new and just hit the market in June. The customer service told me it will help with pitted scarring, as the scar formula uses extracts from purified human embilical cord (yes, disgusting, I know), which contains a lot of growth factors. It's claimed itself to be "the most advanced scar serum on the market." The NovoScar MD product also claims to show results within a matter of days due to the new technology used in the formula. I have not purchased this one yet (it's expensive too, running $40), but plan to in the near future. The "matter of days" claim is always a red flag with any product, but this NovoScar MD product doesn't contain any silicone or crap most scar products contain to make you "think" the scar has healed when it's really just been masked with these fillers. Also, the fact that it is so new gives me hope because every scar product I've seen so far only works for hyperpigmentation or raised/keloid scars.

What is disheartening is that as much as these products may help fade scarring, they're not helping the root of our problem, which is that the scarring and lines form ON THEIR OWN. If we were able to detect a root cause and STOP the auto-scarring, then we'd all be better off, just using these products to see if they really produce visible results. So right now, it's like I may be fading scarring, but scarring is showing up on its own, so it's like I'm chasing after a mouse that keeps growing legs, if that makes any sense (yeah, I just made up that metaphor. I think you guys know what I mean, though).

So Compass and WorriedMom (as well as anyone else), please keep everyone updated, and if anyone here is like and is getting deeper blood testing or body testing done, keep everyone updated. I know we're all hopeless because we're all experiencing the same symptoms, but with no help, notably from the dermatology world. But I think a good thing is that this thread is making this problem more and more aware to viewers (look at how my thread blew up within its first week alone)...so hopefully SOMEONE will find an answer. I truly truly hope this scarring (and for me and a select few of you, the prickling/tingly sensations all over) ends soon. I agree over and over with those of you who say you'd never wish this upon anyone. Should the medical world ever come across a "cure" or diagnosis for this, it should be named "The Devil's Curse" or something. I kid you not.
WorriedMom
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Took my daughter to the GP doctor and had them review the blood work, among other things. She said it wasn't worth being concerned over. Asked about what numbers might indicate (high eos and low neutrophil)and she said allergies but wasn't concerned in the least. She also said to do the low dose of 10mg accutane and not to worry - if the derm recommended it, do it. Her skin has gotten very oily since stopping the zinc, etc and she is breaking out a little more. Her skin is looking slightly better with more oil production, but this is such a mystery. Also added a calcium vitamin to her diet and started her on a Garden of Life probiotic which the dermatologist encouraged.
boafriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 56
Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:48 am      Reply with quote
WorriedMom wrote:
Took my daughter to the GP doctor and had them review the blood work, among other things. She said it wasn't worth being concerned over. Asked about what numbers might indicate (high eos and low neutrophil)and she said allergies but wasn't concerned in the least. She also said to do the low dose of 10mg accutane and not to worry - if the derm recommended it, do it. Her skin has gotten very oily since stopping the zinc, etc and she is breaking out a little more. Her skin is looking slightly better with more oil production, but this is such a mystery. Also added a calcium vitamin to her diet and started her on a Garden of Life probiotic which the dermatologist encouraged.


Great to hear you had bloodwork done. It's always a first step for any bizarre health issue you're unsure of.

Has her random scarring stopped, by any chance? Just asking because people claim the supplement route is what has stopped their scarring. I'm still experiencing scarring, so just wanted to know.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Jour (Day) (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Ahava Elements of Love Kissed by the Sea Trio (3 items)