Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shea Moisture - Organic Restorative Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I don't review a lot since by the time I'm nuts about a product...most folks here beat me to the punch Smile. However,I can't find a review here so here it goes (but granted my search skills suck). So if this item has been reviewed....my apologies.

First off, I LOVE this conditioner. I bought it at a Walmart for about $10 around the beginning of June. Mostly I was drawn to the ingredients which are all natural. Now normally, I'm not drawn to that, but if I can find a great product without all the crap...WINNING!

Anyho, I bought this at a Walmart in N.C. since I forgot my conditioner during travel and the hotel conditioner was terrible. The product is described as: 'Shea Moisture's leave-in or rinse out conditioner de-tangles, moisturizes, repairs and restores lifeless, damaged hair. Sea kelp's trace minerals detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue. Argan oil restores shine and rebuilds hair elasticity. Shea butter deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp. Cruelty free and made in the USA with certified organic ingredients'

I found it with the ethinc hair care products which I've dabbled with even though I have fine, straight, blonde hair...many of the products there work great for my hair (but I've gotten some strange looks....YET I love the carrot oil as a shaving oil, but that's another thread entirely).

Anywho, this stuff is great! IDK if its the sea kelp, argan oil, coconut oil, or the shea butter, but my hair loves this stuff!! I noticed it right away with first use and I've been using it for over a month now. I even took it camping and used it straight to help protect my hair and untangle it. My hair must like Shea butter. This left my hair silky, soft, and didn't weigh it down at all. I normally use the Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Mask, but I don't know if I will repurchase that (its pricey) again since this works great and I can use it as a mask too! time will tell....but I never thought I'd part with my Fekkai Color Care Mask ..not from this kung fu grip anyway. Now I might....

Ok, I used it as both a leave in and rinse out conditioner. I've found that I like to rinse it out and THEN put just a dab in the towel dried hair (from neck down) as a daily product to keep my long hair silky and help with damage and then a weekly mask and leave in for 15 min for deeper condition. It seems like the longer you leave in, the better the results. I let a black lady try it as leave in (she forgot her conditioner at the camp site). I ran into her again and she said it worked great for her hair too! Left her hair soft and she asked for the name so she could try it at home.

I like the scent. Very light. I can't place it, but its a little like honey maybe and it doesn't last long. I love the all natural ingredients too. The packaging is rather generic, but it must have worked because I bought it.

Here are the ingredients for those that like that: Contains de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil. *Denotes certified organic ingredients.

Looks like you can buy it at Target and Walgreens for about $9.99.

Oh, the pump broke off, but it happened while camping so I don't know if that means its a cheaper bottle or just prone to breaking. I love the product, but the bottle wasn't great.

Hope this was helpful and I'd love to hear how others like this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
The ingredients look good...no silicones.

I wonder if anyone has seen this in Canada. If yes, what store(s)?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |