Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Alba Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lucy2
5% products discount

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've waited two weeks to review this - hope that is long enough. I have combo skin that can get dried out easily. This cleanser has not done that, and for a foaming one, I'm surprised! It smells amazing, leaves my skin feeling very smooth and clean. I've been letting the gel sit on my skin for a minute or so to let the enzymes do their thing. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it seems to make my skin even more soft. I'd rec. this b/c of the great price and quality. Maybe not for drier types.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:52 am      Reply with quote
lucy, I tried the pineapple scrub from them and it's really nice as well. It's not a super grainy scrub so it's perfect for sensitive skins, or for someone who wants to scrub daily..
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I love their Hawaian Kona Coffee after sun body moisturizer. It smells so yummy, I use it all year long. Not just after sun, it's great for dry, winter chapped skin too!!!!!
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
When I was a teenager I used The Body Shop Pineapple Facial wash and this stuff made my oily pimply skin perfect. Now I am 30 and have yet to find a product that will take me back (isn't that what we are all looking for? Wink I am almost out of my current cleanser-a scrub that I am not impressed with and was thinking about going back to the pineapple.

Is the product drying for you? I guess I could follow-up with a heavyer moisturizer at night.
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Alba Pineapple Cleanser now, as well. While it does remove makeup well, it can leave you a little dry. So those with really dry skin, skip this one.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
just came across this line at the health food store, I saw a body lotion with SPf %16 and AHA looked very nice.. i'm going to try it out. but thanks for the review
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Alba Pineapple Facial wash. I'll let you know how it goes.
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Well it has been about two weeks for me and I love this stuff. The smell is great. The amount of foaming is surprising from a clear gel. It just cleanses so well which is exaclty what I needed for my oily skin. My skin is almost totally cleared up.

I haven't noticed the drying effect. I guess I have an oil slick for a face. Very Happy
Selesti
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
This is HG for my combo, oily forehead, shiny nose, and tight cheeks acne prone skin. I am on the last 10% of a bottle, after having used it day and night for a month.

I give it 4/5 because it does leave my cheeks feeling tight and my nose will flake a bit, but moisturizer stops that instantly (and all gel cleansers seem to do the same to me)

This gel cleanser does have a strong citrus scent which I find pleasing but others might not. It washes CLEAN and does not leave a film (which frustrates me with many other cleansers) but does not leave the squeaky, rubbery feeling that overly harsh cleansers leave.

I would not recommend to anybody with dry skin, but if you need to get the dirt and sweat out of your face (acne prones, I'm talking to you!) and you like foaming gel cleansers, give it a whirl. Packaging and price are sensible, and Alba Bontanica is a great, natural, cruelty-free company.
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this too! Very Happy

It has really cleared up a bad breakout I got out of nowhere. It leaves my skin very soft and feeling clean but not stripped. I have moderately sensitive skin and this has actually been calming. It relieves the redness my BHA/AHA serum can cause and I haven't had any flake issues while using it.

As a side note: I have noticed that some products that normally behave well with my skin cause breakouts and itching when used in combination with this cleanser. I stopped using it initially thinking it was the cleanser but when I changed my moisturizer (which I had been using before the cleanser) every issue cleared up.
Selesti
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
I've been using this too! Very Happy

It has really cleared up a bad breakout I got out of nowhere. It leaves my skin very soft and feeling clean but not stripped. I have moderately sensitive skin and this has actually been calming. It relieves the redness my BHA/AHA serum can cause and I haven't had any flake issues while using it.

As a side note: I have noticed that some products that normally behave well with my skin cause breakouts and itching when used in combination with this cleanser. I stopped using it initially thinking it was the cleanser but when I changed my moisturizer (which I had been using before the cleanser) every issue cleared up.

Do you mind me asking what moisturizer you use? I cannot find one that's HG status yet, so I'm always on the lookout! Smile
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a hard time finding one too. My latest kick is to see if I can get my skin to normalize using only a small amount of oil or HA. The moisturizer I was using that didn't agree with this cleanser was Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer.
HTH
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've ever use green tea eye gel. It sooth my dry eye skin very well. Worth to try.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using this as well! I do have dry skin, and because it's summer and my t-zone is oily, this really doesn't dry me out. I think it's an ok cleanser, but I don't think it does much to prevent acne, especially on the chin. But it smells nice, and I like the way it foams, and it doesn't make my skin WORSE.

What I like better are Alba's toners. I've had the sea kelp one which is nice, and right now I have the Hawaian Hibiscis Toner, which I really like. It smells like lemonade! A good value too, because you get a ton. I split it up-- put some in a spray bottle to set my mmu.
Selesti
5% products discount

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I'm currently using this as well! I do have dry skin, and because it's summer and my t-zone is oily, this really doesn't dry me out. I think it's an ok cleanser, but I don't think it does much to prevent acne, especially on the chin. But it smells nice, and I like the way it foams, and it doesn't make my skin WORSE.

What I like better are Alba's toners. I've had the sea kelp one which is nice, and right now I have the Hawaian Hibiscis Toner, which I really like. It smells like lemonade! A good value too, because you get a ton. I split it up-- put some in a spray bottle to set my mmu.

Ooh thanks for the tip! Yeah I agree with you this is a fairly generic, safe cleanser, and I use BP 10% to get those stubborn spots on the chin and jawline. I will def. have to try the toner, as I hadn't heard anything about it one way or another.
Yvetteski
5% products discount

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the travel kit several months ago and it has the facial wash, scrub, toner, sunscreen and moisturizer. I never tried the moisturizer or ss, but other products were unremarkable although they didn't break me out and they all smelled quite strongly (nice, but I avoid fragranced products on my face.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |