Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Order of application
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kjb
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I am so new to all of this Embarassed

Can anyone help me with the order I should be applying the following products?

Cleanser
Toner
Oil Control Mask
Esthers Secret Masque (not on daily basis)
Eye Cream
Anti-Wrinkle Cream (SPF 15)
Argireline product (havent fully decided on this one)
Peel (not on daily basis)

Should I be purchasing a moisturizer for after the peel?

Should I purchase a prep serum if I am using the Argireline product?

The peel that I will be using claims it is comparable to a 20% glycolic peel - if I am using this every couple of days do you think I need another product (maybe a scrub) with AHA?

I really appreciate all your valuable insight Very Happy
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Ooh!!! This is almost like putting a puzzle together! (I know, that's retarded, but I'm really that bored! Smile) Let's see, at least, this is what I'd personally do... !

1) Cleanser
2) Mask - best applied to clean, moist, but dry skin. Rinse with warm water (some people like lightly using a washcloth) and pat dry with a towel.
3) Toner - also picks up the gunk that your cleanser and/or masks extracted out
4) Eye cream
5) If the argireline product is a serum, then probably put it on right after you tone. (Are you using this day or night?)
6) Then anti-wrinkle w/ spf in the mornings after toning or applying any serums. What are you using at night?

I also wouldn't use both masks on the same day, unless you're putting them on different parts of your face at the same time.

I think the peel would best go on right after cleansing. After the peel you want a very very gentle moisturizer (my dermatologist actually uses the cetaphil ones, like the daily facial moisturizer, or one with cortisone if I get irritated, and they work really well.) If you end up doing it during the day, like I usually have to, make SURE thang that you use a good spf cuz you'll be insanely photosensitve!

I wouldn't use a scrub after or around the time of the peel, especially as yet, because you don't know how sensitive you'll get. One thing my doctor also says is that when you're doing a peel, don't pick off the skin that you see peeling, because that means less will ultimately peel off so you're not getting the full effect. I'll still use the Dermalogica Microfoliant starting the next day so at least I get some of the dead skin off, but also I know my skin can handle it and that one's really really gentle and non-abrasive (I get them done every 3 months or so.)

Also, after you do a glycolic peel, don't use any AHA or products containing any kind of acid that night just so that your skin has time to do it's thing and not overload. Go to bed with a gentle balm or moisturizer on your face to give it time to recover because peels are actually slightly stressful to the skin.

Hope this helps!!

*edited due to my every wondrous ability for leaving out words!*
kjb
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Awesome!

Thank you so very much Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
rusalka answered very well. Just a few questions to ask you. What antiaging product are you using with a SPF of 15? Depending on the antiaging product you are using a Prep solution is most beneficial. AlphaDermaCE is enhanced when applying the Mineral Prep before. Personally I think it makes a hugh difference!

You mentioned ES Mask. I also believe Judy uses a prep solution before ES. Surely she will also answer you.

As far as peels I tend to stay away from that subject. I have seen too many bad experiences in my years with glycolics. Did you start off with a 5%?

Order:

Clean, tone, Prep, Argireline on fine lines and wrinkles, Antiaging product on whole face and neck. Follow with a moisturizer if needed(eye/face cream).

There might be some adjustments depending on the product line you are using.

Winnie
JB
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
basic rule, use your products in order of thin to thick (after your cleansing/mask)
kjb
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the wonderful replies!

I mentioned in a previous post that I am on a very tight budget right now which has stopped me from using some of the other wonderful products recommended on this site. In fact, to be quite honest, I am a little embarrassed admitting that I am using Neutrogena products Embarassed

Since I havent decided this one yet, for the time being, I will use Relax-A-Line in this program. Would the prep for this product be C+ Firming Serum?

How does this look?.....

MORNING

Cleanser
Oil Control Mask (I will use this mask on the days I am not using Esthers Secret)
Esthers Secret Masque (not on daily basis)
Toner
C + Firming Serum
Relax-A-Line
Anti-Wrinkle Cream (SPF 15)
Eye Cream (SPF 15)

NIGHT

Cleanser
Toner
C + Firming Serum
Relax-A-Line

The anti-aging product I referred to is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15 Oil Free - Non-Comedogenic - they claim it is the #1 dermatoligist recommended retinol treatment (at the level I can afford).

The peel I am using claims it is equivalent to a 20% glycolic peel (it is an at home peel) - Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Facial Peel.

Where in the world do I fit the facial peel into all this? Also, if I do the peel (occassionally) at night, followed by a moisturizer would it be wise to use a very gentle scrub the following morning instead of or in addition to my usual cleanser? I have extremely oil skin and have been advised not to use a moisturizer on a regular basis.

I really do appreciate your help Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
No need to be embarrassed. Sounds like you are on you way to a great skin care routine. I feel a lot better knowing that your peel is Neutrogena. Certainly, they would not sell something over the counter that would extremely irritate your skin.

Everything you plan on doing sounds great to me. However, you do not need to use Vit C twice a day. The time to use a Vit. C Serum is in the AM. Have you purchased your Vit. C yet. The reason I ask is that C+ firming might not be the best choice for very oily skin Think Skinceuticals or Vivier might be a better choice. I use C+ firming but my skin is combo and in the winter more dry.

As far as an exfoliant what comes to mind is Dr. H.'s cleansing cream (especially where you are going to be using a peel). http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-cleansing-cre-p_2038.htm Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream get rave reviews on this forum. It is for all skin types and will be gentle where you are using a peel.

I have mature skin so I am waiting for some of the other forum member to make suggestions. I do think that you need a light moisturizer at night.

Winnie
kjb
5% products discount

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie Very Happy

I wasnt sure about the Vit C...once a day is enough - sounds good to me! I noticed that Skinceuticals offers a few Vit C serums with different percentages - is more always better?

The Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream looks like a very good choice for the morning after my peel - I definately don't want to use something too harsh and kill my skin!

I was also thinking about incorporating hyaluronic acid into the scheme. If you suggest using a light moisturizer at night maybe it would be a good idea to purchase a moisturizer that has it as an ingredient? Wait....don't I want to use the HA with the Vit C? I'm getting dizzy! Confused In that case should I get a light moisturizer for night and pure HA for use after the Vit C?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I am getting a little dizzy too Very Happy

If you have not used a C Serum before I suggest that you start off with 10%. Hyloronic Acid is a wonderful way to lock in your natural moisture without making you oily!So yes, you would do very good putting HA Acid over Vit. C. You can also use HA Acid at night after cleansing to keep you skin nice and plump. If you need a moisturizer after the HA their are a lot of moisturizers for Oily skin. Let me think about that one as I don't have oily skin.

Doesn't Dr. H.'s Cleanser sound nice? I really love it. The smell is different. I actually like it. Do a search on EDS for this cleansing cream. Actually I would use the Dr. H at night to begin with. I can't be certain about using it right after your peel. hmm Perhaps after you have used your peel for a few weeks you could try it in the morning. Going slowly is always your best bet. By keeping it simple you will not be wasting a lot of money. You can always add a moisturizer if you need one. You don't need to spend a fortune on a nice natural moisturizer.
kjb
5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I am sold on Dr. H.'s cleansing cream!

I know I said I was going to use the Neutrogena line with retinol - but I have since changed my mind. I called Neutrogena yesterday to inquire about the concentration of retinol in this particular product. He said "under 1%". How much under 1 % - he said "under 1 %". Do you not know, or dont you want to tell me - he said "under 1 %". Then I got an email from Neutrogena that stated "The concentration of retinol in our Neutrogena® Healthy Skin® Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15 is considered proprietary information and is therefore not available."

Must be a really big secret Rolling Eyes Good for Neutrogena - however, I don't see a problem with answering a questions about ingredients that I plan on using on my skin! Can anyone suggest a decent product? Smile
angelwhip
5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I HAVE FOUND THAT NONE OF THEM WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH, THEY COULD AND DO PUT A DROP IN AND THEY HAVE THE RIGHTS TO , PUT IT ON THE INGREDIENTS LIST ON THE PACKAGING...
I FOUND SOME OF THE BETTER PRODUCTS WILL TELL HOW MUCH IS IN THERE ....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |