Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favorite Body Exfoliants
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: How do you usually exfoliate your body?

an Exfoliating Scrub, to be used 1 or 2 times / week
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
a 2-in-1, Cleansing & Exfoliating Wash, to be used daily
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
a Pre-Shower Body Mask
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
a Chemical-based Peeling Cream, Lotion or Gel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
a Sponge or Wash Cloth
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
book an Appointment at the Spa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
an At-home Microdermabrasion Tool
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Boy have I got a bad case of winter skin dullness and I've run out of body exfoliant! I have only ever used one brand and one product, Decleor's Exfoliating Body Cream. It's a great product, but I am so very bored with it.

So ladies, please help renew my enthusiasm. What BODY EXFOLIANTS deserve your praise?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
wave I.ve cast my vote k.a.t.
Martigirl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Gatineau gets my vote.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hey martigirl,thats what I use too. Its real treat to use. Are you a big fan of Gatinuea, its not popular on this site at all.
Martigirl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I love Elemis and the Decleor oils. I think Gatineau is really effective I don't use anything other than Floracil eye make remover. Love the body lotion but the exfoliator is second to none in my opinion.

Huge alison Young fan too Cindi
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
She sure knows here stuff.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I cheat...I buy this soap from escents that has grains in it to exfoliate as I wash. I use it a few times a week..I also use body scrubs, but only when I'm taking a super long relaxing bath.
Martigirl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
She sure knows here stuff.

Yeah but obnoxious with it!!
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Origins Paradise Found.. Has anyone tried this? The smell is SO lovely.

But i'm also looking for a new one , might go for Decleor, k.a.t , what do u think about it?
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Dry brushing before shower beats all exfoliants I have tried

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:25 am      Reply with quote
MD Formulations have a body scrub and wash - I sometimes apply them before a shower so the glycolic acid has time to work.

Elemis devils mint scrub is like a wash/scrub combined.

Fake Bake/St.Tropez scrubs are nice but perhaps too gentle Confused

At a spa they scrubbed me down Surprised with the active salts from Dermalogica - that let my skin very soft.

If you really need a big ole scrub try middle earth turns to rock from Lush.

Also tried one of those dermabrasion cloths, left me thinking was I really this dirty Shock

So I guess it depends on mood and how long I have.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I use a pair of textured gloves (bought them at my local Sally’s Beauty Supply) to rub down my body before showering/bathing, and a couple times per week I use a homemade oil and sugar scrub.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
christine wrote:
I'm using Origins Paradise Found.. Has anyone tried this? The smell is SO lovely.

But i'm also looking for a new one , might go for Decleor, k.a.t , what do u think about it?
Hehe I used to work for origins. I have like 3 in my shower. I still love the smell,

I got a few samples of the new dermalogica body scrub.. very nice reminds me a little of the origins body scrub. I don't know what it is lately.. but I'm becoming a freek for body scrubs. Razz
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Christine, Decleor has three body exfoliating products, the one I use and two 2-in-1 cleansers. I find the Exfoliating Body Cream is very smoothing and rinses off well. It leaves my skin pink, so I only use it once a week at the most. The smell is similar to the body cream, and it doesn't interfere much with perfume.

Hey Martigirl, what do you like about the Gatineau's Body Scrub? Also can you describe it I can't find any product info anywhere.

I noticed on scattered posts that some other people like Dermalogica's Body Scrub, but I'm not a big fan of Rosemary Essential Oils for my skin. Does it contain alot of it? Also are the seed powders very fine?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've never been keen on using a body scrub. I just use one of those scrunchie type things (not sure what the proper name is for them) with my shower gel. I recently tried out the Nivea Exfoliating Body Scrub but all those little particles getting everywhere, Not talking.
Also, by using the scrunchie with my shower gel it makes the gel lather up a lot more and spread further so I end up using less gel in the long run. Smile
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
my skin has never been better than since I started dry body brushing before showering (almost) every morning.

However, I give this a boost with either the elemis or gatineau body exfolliant once or at most twice a week.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Jools, I've never used any Gatineau products. What do you like about the body exfolliant?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Please, could someone explain to me how this dry body-brushing works?
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Please, could someone explain to me how this dry body-brushing works?

you get a dry bristle brush and stroke your body upwards (feet to hip) not to rough or you'll scratch your skin. It's supposed to help with lymphatic drainage/cellulite.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |